Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

251 - 275 by 1338
On bullying 11 years ago
That is an excellent exercise to do for the young children still in concrete operational thought. TOUCHE!!!
The Grumpy Cat 11 years ago
Here is the great TARDAR SAUCE, the Grumpy Cat.

For all who are angry and pissed off or just generally irritable, this is your hero.

11 years ago
Dolby:
You're very welcome and well done guys for spreading the word.
This type of simple, practical, and visual exercise is perfect for having the desired long-term effect on children' minds.
I too think it is rather brilliant Very Happy

Thank you Dolby... this needs to be passed on.

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.
11 years ago
I sure hope it's OK to post this here ... feel free to delete, D if inappropriate Smile ...

An invitation to all Parfumo members:

Hi All
No doubt some of you have been following the various rants about reformulation, IFRA and the difficulty of getting a parcel containing perfume mailed.
Persuant to these issues I have created a Facebook profile under my nick 'Couture Guru' and invite you all to add me there so that I can direct you to a new project called 'That Stinks' ... for which a page AND a (currently open) Group exists.
If you would like to be a part od making our voices heard to the Industry in relation to the above topics, please 'like' the page and request to join the group. Together, and in an organized fashion, I think we have the smallest chance of inspiring some change ... after all ... we are the consumers of this mega Billion dollar Industry.
Add your voice and make the shout a bellow!!
Best
CG.
11 years ago
LMFAO at Tardar Sauce!!!

Even with his grumpy little scowl, he is SO cute!!

Even a grumpy feline is divine!
11 years ago
Coutureguru:
I sure hope it's OK to post this here ... feel free to delete, D if inappropriate Smile ...

How very dare you ... Ask if it's ok?
Of course it's ok!!
Wink
Come on oh you lot fragrant ones, rally to the cause:
Facebook >---- That Stinks >---- Join.
11 years ago
The kitty is precious, but does he have some extra toes? It may just be my imagination. Embarassed
Re: The Grumpy Cat 11 years ago
FloraMilena:
Here is the great TARDAR SAUCE, the Grumpy Cat.
Ahaha ... What a face!
On a different note, here's another classy one:

I spy, with my little eye, something begining with ...
11 years ago
He may Cryptic, my Manx had extra toes.
11 years ago
Oops looks like that man may have an extra toe.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
The kitty is precious, but does he have some extra toes? It may just be my imagination. Embarassed

Frankly Cryptic, if I had a mug like this, an extra toe or two would be the least of my worries Laughing
11 years ago
AHAHAaha!!1! I gotta go...I can't be cackling like this at work. Exclamation
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Dolby:
A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave the kids the following exercise to perform:
She had the children take a piece of paper and told them to crumple it up, stamp on it and really mess it up but do not rip it.
Then she had them unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how scarred and dirty is was.
She then told them to tell it they’re sorry.
Now even though they said they were sorry and tried to fix the paper, she pointed out all the scars they left behind ... And that those scars will never go away no matter how hard they tried to fix it.
That is what happens when a child bullies another child.
They may say they’re sorry but the scars are there forever.
The looks on the faces of the children in the classroom told her the message hit home.
Pass it on or better yet, if you're a parent or a teacher, do it with your child/children.

Brilliant. I just forwarded this to my son's principal, teacher, and social worker. Plus a few friends.

My son's class did exercise today in language group.
The school social worker emailed me this morning that she was going to use it.
Tonight my son read it to me twice, I wanted to make sure he understands.
Thanks Dolby for posting this, I love it.
11 years ago
Aww, that's really great news Dingindirt , and you're most welcome. Very Happy x
11 years ago
I first heard this song at my niece's 5th grade graduation. The lyrics below is how they sang it but different than the ones posted on the net.

I love this song for young children.

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I will listen every day
And I will try to go the right way
I am a promise to be anything I want me to be.

Ohhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh

I am a promise to be anything I want me to be.

Oh Yeah!
11 years ago
11 years ago
I hate the month of March, I always feel it's about time the cold and dreariness of winter should be over by now, and it never is! Sad
11 years ago
The Sycophant topic keeps crashing my phone!!!
Crying or Very sad

I assume it's because of the spectacular thing Cryptic posted, (which I can't view because the topic keeps crashing my phone). Mother of all emergencies!!!
11 years ago
I would resize it for you, Dulce, but Diane might hurt me.
11 years ago
My daughter has made some liqueurs! Some cherry and blackberry. I will dig these out of the cupboard and have a snifter. Cheers!
251 - 275 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to