Search Forum

Dior Sauvage, extremly overrated. Get over it.

Dior Sauvage, extremly overrated. Get over it. 1 year ago

It's just so annoying seeing all those people going crazy about the most popular scent nowadays. There are so many better ones, jeez. 

1 year ago 4

Are you venting or were you looking to have a discussion?  I know for some people it is nice and more easily accessible.  Is there a scent you'd recommend as an alternative?  Do you have a personal favorite?

1 year ago

I wanted to share my thoughts with parfumo community. I think that this scent become extremly tiring because of it's constant hype. I get that it's quite easily accessible, but do everyone want to smell like one another? My beliefs are based on the fact that everyone should represent something different with their own personal smell, and I'm sticking to it till the very end. The better alternative here could be Writer by Cyrus. 

1 year ago 1
Jak3cey

I wanted to share my thoughts with parfumo community. I think that this scent become extremly tiring because of it's constant hype. I get that it's quite easily accessible, but do everyone want to smell like one another? My beliefs are based on the fact that everyone should represent something different with their own personal smell, and I'm sticking to it till the very end. The better alternative here could be Writer by Cyrus.

While I agree with your general feelings with regards to Dior Sauvage, the reason why I don't like it is based on it's smell and not on it's popularity.
As whether the forum is the right place to share your opinion with the community...with the way you came across, I think this would be more suited for the actual page of the perfume.
Though, turning this into a discussion on what could be an alternative could be more productive.
So, what would I recommend instead of Dior Sauvage? Anything is better....but seriously, if you are looking for something that makes itself known, but at the same time is unique I would recommend you to try "Ganymede | Marc-Antoine Barrois" . No, it is nothing like Dior Sauvage, but since I don't want a clone of that scent, this it is what comes to mind at the moment.

1 year ago

That’s a good point. I agree that’s more of a review topic, but I wanted to talk to someone about it and see If I’m the only one out there who thinks in such way. And as you said I’m also very tired of the scent itself. I’d  recommend something yet fruity different from sauvage like Lamar by Kajal. 

1 year ago 1

I don't get the hype about Sauvage either. While it doesn't stink it is so boring. It may be better than going scentless but there are so many better options out there. 

1 year ago
DieNase

I don't get the hype about Sauvage either. While it doesn't stink it is so boring. It may be better than going scentless but there are so many better options out there. 

Absolutely. It's like every typical drugstore cheapie

1 year ago
Jak3cey

That’s a good point. I agree that’s more of a review topic, but I wanted to talk to someone about it and see If I’m the only one out there who thinks in such way. And as you said I’m also very tired of the scent itself. I’d  recommend something yet fruity different from sauvage like Lamar by Kajal. 

You are certainly not alone.  I liked it when it was first released but I smelled it everywhere.  At every bar and nightclub, at the bank, in every store...  Olfactory fatigue would be an understatement.  I'm so over it now.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Dior Sauvage, extremly overrated. Get over it.
Jump to