Search Forum

Fragrances your parents wore

Fragrances your parents wore 1 year ago 1

My Father wore Xeryus Rouge

My Birthmother wore Loulou

My Step-mother wore Hypnotic Poison and Omnia.

1 year ago 1

My parents didn't wear fragrance on a day to day basis.

My dad only wore something for special occasions and that was Sir - Irisch Moos (Eau de Toilette)Sir - Irisch Moos Eau de Toilette , which my mum loved on him.

Mum would wear Echt Kölnisch Wasser (Eau de Cologne)Echt Kölnisch Wasser Eau de Cologne on Sundays. She would douse herself in it right before getting on the car for our Sunday trip and together with my dad's driving style it would frequently make me sick. It took me many years before I could like neroli.

Once she mentioned that she had worn Diorissimo (1956) (Eau de Toilette)Diorissimo (1956) Eau de Toilette as a young woman as she loved lily of the valley. For my next birthday I wanted a bottle of it as well. Later she wore perfumes she got as a present. She would never buy for herself. She particularly loved Envy (Eau de Toilette)Envy Eau de Toilette and a Kenzo with a leaf shaped bottle.

She didn't like J'adore (Eau de Parfum)J'adore Eau de Parfum and she returned it to me many years later.

Now she has a few bottles, Insolence (Eau de Parfum)Insolence Eau de Parfum , Splendida - Iris d'OrSplendida - Iris d'Or and a Gucci, but hardly ever wears anything...

1 year ago 1

I'm a child of Xeryus (After Shave)Xeryus After Shave and Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette)Joop! Femme Eau de Toilette

I remember those powerhouse fumes filling the car, while my sis and I were choking in the back. They were still smoking back then, and yes also in the car. It's a miracle that my respiratory system survived all that.

1 year ago

Thanks EmberRose for the topic, and to all for your interesting replies.

My dad is a bit anosmic. He didn't and doesn't bother. I long thought there was only one fragrance for men. Something named "Eau de Cologne" with no more ado. My dad would apply some generic Eau de Cologne from a splash bottle every morning after some minimal care to his beard and before going to work (was it Echt Kölnisch Wasser (Eau de Cologne)Echt Kölnisch Wasser Eau de Cologne ? Or something he could find for even cheaper ?). Now occasionally he would surprise me with one unexpected "oh tu as mis du sens-bon" (something a bit childish in French, such as "Ho ! You did put that smell-good thingie ?". Sent-bon might be the name of the unknown beyond the Eau de Cologne. And yes, there is something as Mon Premier Sent-Bon!Mon Premier Sent-Bon! )

My mum wore Anaïs Anaïs L'Original (Eau de Toilette)Anaïs Anaïs L'Original Eau de Toilette, likely every day. Now she is into Eternity (Eau de Parfum)Eternity Eau de Parfum and she may alternate with something Prodigieux from Nuxe (I guess this one Prodigieux - Absolu de ParfumProdigieux - Absolu de Parfum). For her a men's parfum has to be light and unobtrusive. So I guess the Eau de Cologne of my dad fits the bill.

Funny fact. By my parents', In the old room of one of my sisters, I found a boxed bottle of the now discontinued Loulou BlueLoulou Blue. I didn't dare to unbox it. But my girlfriend, same age as my sister, told me it was also one of her first perfumes. It must have been a popular one among French teenage girls in the 90's. She cherished it and a bottle was still in her teenager room by her parents. But when rearranging this room, her mum threw away the bottle without asking her... Sacrilege. Now I am intrigued. I will give it a sniff the next time I sneak into the old room of my sis. Trying to catch a whiff of the common past of my sweetheart and my sister.

Re: Fragrances your parents wore 1 year ago
EmberRose

My Father wore Xeryus Rouge

My Birthmother wore Loulou

My Step-mother wore Hypnotic Poison and Omnia.

My father loves Aramis Aramis Cologne.

My mother loves Cool Water.

1 year ago

I have seen my father wearing Hugo Boss since my childhood and I used to love it. It is the OG for sure. 

1 year ago

My mom rarely wore perfume but the one stuck in my mind forever is Roma (Eau de Toilette)Roma Eau de Toilette

I believe my grandma sometimes used Anaïs Anaïs L'Original (Eau de Toilette)Anaïs Anaïs L'Original Eau de Toilette

1 year ago

My mother wore L'Air du Temps, but recently she has changed to Si Passione.

My dad wears Old Spice now, but he used to wear Axe body sprays of various fragrances.

1 year ago

When I was a kid, my dad wore Moustache (Eau de Toilette)Moustache Eau de Toilette on Sundays and special occasions. After it got discontinued my mom got him Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette)Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) Eau de Toilette because a sales assistant convinced her it was the closest thing. A few years ago when I realised that Moustache had been re-released I was very happy to get my dad a bottle (the reformulation is very close to the original, miracles sometimes happen).

My mom has worn L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette)L'Air du Temps Eau de Toilette, Chamade (Eau de Toilette)Chamade Eau de Toilette, Eau de Campagne / Country WaterEau de Campagne, Vent Vert (1990)Vent Vert (1990). I got her recently Le Jardin de Monsieur LiLe Jardin de Monsieur Li which she likes too.

1 year ago 1

My mom used to wear Escape (Eau de Parfum)Escape Eau de Parfum every day, but has now switched to Miss Dior Absolutely BloomingMiss Dior Absolutely Blooming in the fall/winter and Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (2014)Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (2014) in the spring/summer. My grandmother wore Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum)Youth-Dew Eau de Parfum until the day she died.

1 year ago 2

So tender thread EmberRose !. 

My beloved dad used to wore Fahrenheit Dior, Eternity Calvin Clein, Lei Armani, Old Spice . I keep my dad and those fragnances always in my memory. I still cannot approach those fragnances when I encounter them at shop especially Old Spice brings me many memories it was always.placed at our barhroom on men's side with the same red, bulky after shave. A men's morning grooming ritual.

My mom used to wear Kenzo Kenzo, Ysatis Givenchy, Paris YSL, Classique JPG, Pour Femme Bvlgari and for the present days prefers wearing Poison Dior, Jungle Kenzo. 

1 year ago 1

I'm older than some of you...I'm guessing

My Dad wore : Aramis, Mandate & Paco

My Mother: Anais Anais

11 months ago

My dad didn't wear fragrance.  

When I waa growing up, my mom usually wore Eau de Rochas but had the original L'Air du Temps and wore that on occasion.  I much preferred the latter, but she, sensibly, ignored my preference.  When she was much older, she liked to wear White Shoulders but preferred a citrus aromatic, Ginger Milk, from Thymes.

11 months ago

My dad used to wear Old Spice (After Shave)Old Spice After Shave god I hated it lol. It put me off buying spicy fragrances only until recently when I got Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme and Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette did I start buying them.

He also wore Aramis (Eau de Toilette)Aramis Eau de Toilette which I actually miss him wearing now because he has Parkinson’s disease so he can’t smell or taste anymore. So it reminds of him when he was a healthy man in his 30s and 40s.

He has zero sense of smell and will cook food that has gone bad before the use before date. We would come in to the kitchen and be like what is that smell.

He also used to wear D&G Masculine (Eau de Toilette)D&G Masculine Eau de Toilette and the EDP which I loved.

My mum wears a bunch of different stuff including samples I get. I know she buys Gucci, Dior,YSL Cinema, Cashmere, COCO Chanel and no.5, l’aimant amongst others.

I resonate more with my dad’s stuff though as I’m a guy and I guess I just gravitate more to him in that way. He has taken Davidoff Cool Water and his old bottle of Aramis with him on holiday. He has had that bottle for years and if you think it is strong when u buy it oh boy let it sit for years and it becomes nuclear lol

11 months ago
Thatbwoy

I'm older than some of you...I'm guessing

My Dad wore : Aramis, Mandate & Paco

My Mother: Anais Anais

Yes my dad was in to Armis. If only all fragrances were that powerful 

10 months ago

Have no clue what my late dad wore, but my mom wears Mademoiselle Chanel and Dahlia Divin Givenchy. I gifted her Honour Woman Amouage just recently, so she just started wearing that as well, so far so good, loves it.

10 months ago

My mom would wear Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette)Chloé (1975) Eau de Toilette

She's had the same bottle for as long as I can remember (I'm 30). She doesn't use it anymore, but she's keeping it.

10 months ago

my father wears very sparingly a sample of Musk AoudMusk Aoud i bought him that he still has not gone through after half a year. My mom does not wear fragrance other than occasional essential oils (rose, ylang, geranium generally) most of the time because her line of work is massage and cranial sacral therapies, but likes Jubilation XXV ManJubilation XXV Man, SilphiumSilphium "AddictiveArts - Jump Up and Kiss Me Hedonistic | Clive Christian" Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum)Oud Satin Mood Extrait de ParfumTimbuktuTimbuktu№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense)№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain Eau de Toilette IntenseThé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum)Thé Noir 29 Eau de ParfumPhilosykos (Eau de Parfum)Philosykos Eau de Parfum

owns none of the above

10 months ago

My Mother wore only Cacharel's Anais Anais - I hated it I used to try and get her to wear and buy other fragrances like Dior Poison, but she was adamant that she was going to remain faithful to Anais Anais and has done so for over 35 years.

My Father had a collection but what stood out was:

Aramis Aramis - honestly still like this fragrance

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Fendi Uomo

Denim

10 months ago

My mother had Givenchy Ysatis for many years, but she didn't wear it every day. Most of the time she used cheaper stuff. She didn't have much money for luxury, being a single mum (my did had died when I was 5). When I started earning god money, I bought her 5-8 perfumes so she had different stuff for different occasions. 

10 months ago

When I was a child, my now 90 year old mother wore Madame Rochas and Ma Griffe (1960s-'80s/'90s). For several years, she's been wearing Lancôme Miracle. About a year ago, I gifted her a vintage MR edt and a vintage MG edc. She still keeps wearing Miracle (me no likey!) and when I remind her that she has the MR and MG, she tells me she wants to finish off the bottle of Miracle. I let her know that she's not getting any younger 😅 and to wear some of the MR or MG before it's too late...(You're 90 mom!).

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Fragrances your parents wore
Jump to