Search Forum

A better tropical/sweet/fresh perfume

A better tropical/sweet/fresh perfume 1 year ago

Hi! I'm on the hunt for a signature scent and I have kind of an idea of what I want.
scents I like are:
Hawaiin Ruby Guava Pacifica - I love this body spray, I think it smells delicious but it barely lasts. I tried the perfume version and it smells more chemically and I don't like it
Delice Nacre Johan B - This is the first perfume I really bought myself and I think it smells nice but is missing something, maybe something a bit more fruity.
Herbal Essences white strawberry & sweet mint conditioner - I know this is a conditioner, but it might be one of my favorite smells. I wish I could turn it into a perfume! Maybe a bit juvenile by itself though.
Sweet tobacco candle - Smells like a better version of regular vanillas to me
Seventh scene sleep therapy unwind roll on - this is more random and not sure if it really fits with the above, but the lavender smells amazing and my boyfriend loves it. A little overpowering on the floral side for the few minutes It lasts, but overall smells great.
I don't like:
Overpowering florals, vanillas, and powdery scents. Too heavy of these tend to make me sneezy. I don't mind if there's notes of these, just not the main thing.
I'd love to find perfumes that are similar to these but better. I want to sample a bunch so I'm open to any suggestions wither its on the money similar or more experimental ideas, thank you!

1 year ago 1

Hi Smores123,

I understand you are looking for something without vanilla/coconut/ylang? I think the powdery-ness comes mostly from this three notes. Unfortunately, I don know the perfumes you mention but I suggest you try Escada. They have many tropical-fruity scents, fresh and no vanilla in them. I mean the red bottles. You can also try from Aerin Hibiscus Palm but this goes into the creamy side. I find the Guava note extremely sweet but if your are into it try Renier Delirius. Hope this helps.

Regards,

1 year ago

Hi!
I'm not familiar with your mentioned perfumes, but of tropical profile I enjoy Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc.

Also a big range has Guerlain in Aqua Allegoria line, probably you could find there something for your taste

Best wishes

Re: A better tropical/sweet/fresh perfume 1 year ago 1
Smores123

Hi! I'm on the hunt for a signature scent and I have kind of an idea of what I want.
scents I like are:
Hawaiin Ruby Guava Pacifica - I love this body spray, I think it smells delicious but it barely lasts. I tried the perfume version and it smells more chemically and I don't like it
Delice Nacre Johan B - This is the first perfume I really bought myself and I think it smells nice but is missing something, maybe something a bit more fruity.
Herbal Essences white strawberry & sweet mint conditioner - I know this is a conditioner, but it might be one of my favorite smells. I wish I could turn it into a perfume! Maybe a bit juvenile by itself though.
Seventh scene sleep therapy unwind roll on - this is more random and not sure if it really fits with the above, but the lavender smells amazing and my boyfriend loves it. A little overpowering on the floral side for the few minutes It lasts, but overall smells great.
I don't like:
Overpowering florals, vanillas, and powdery scents. Too heavy of these tend to make me sneezy. I don't mind if there's notes of these, just not the main thing.
I'd love to find perfumes that are similar to these but better. I want to sample a bunch so I'm open to any suggestions wither its on the money similar or more experimental ideas, thank you!

Santal CompletSantal Complet

Oud Jaune Intense (Parfum)Oud Jaune Intense Parfum

Oud Orange Intense (Eau de Parfum)Oud Orange Intense Eau de Parfum

Sex and The SeaSex and The Sea

Vanilla VibesVanilla Vibes

Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum)Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum

Coco Moon (Eau de Parfum)Coco Moon Eau de Parfum

Re: A better tropical/sweet/fresh perfume 1 year ago
PetarMolnar
Smores123

scents I like are:
I don't like:

Santal CompletSantal Complet

Oud Jaune Intense (Parfum)Oud Jaune Intense Parfum

Oud Orange Intense (Eau de Parfum)Oud Orange Intense Eau de Parfum

Sex and The SeaSex and The Sea

Vanilla VibesVanilla Vibes

Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum)Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum

Coco Moon (Eau de Parfum)Coco Moon Eau de Parfum

Great suggestions!

1 year ago

I don't know that many, but this is what comes to my mind:

LamarLamar this might not be for you, but try it, see what you think. It is my favourite on my wife.

Erba PuraErba Pura

Frangipani FlowerFrangipani Flower

Frangipani (Eau de Parfum)Frangipani Eau de Parfum

something more fresh: Lime Basil & Mandarin (Cologne)Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne and Virgin Island WaterVirgin Island Water

It is dificult to find what are considered tropical scents with little florals or vanilla Smile

Smores123

scents I like are:
I don't like:

I would like to suggest Flora by Gucci, Romance by Ralph Lauren, Yellow Diamond by Versace

Smores123

scents I like are:
I don't like:

I would recommend you try Eternity Moment by Calvin Klein & Jadore by Dior!!

1 year ago

I would definitely suggest Victoria Secret's Bombshell and Tommy's girl! I absolutely love it.

1 year ago

For a tropical journey that isn't a cheap one I'd go for Sunset Hour by Goldfield and Banks, Eau de Soleil Blanc or Fleur des Comores by MPG.

9 months ago

Hi! My Favorite tropical scents    Songes by Goutal and Paula s  Ibiza Loewe.

9 months ago

A great tropical scent i recommend is Still Life in Rio by Olfactive Studio. Addictive yuzu combined with coconut and rum. Delicious.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations A better tropical/sweet/fresh perfume
Jump to