Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

101 - 125 by 593
11 years ago
Cincy:
OK, I am pouting as I make my way to the corner for time out. Embarassed

Thank you Apicius for keeping us in line. Wondering how long I have to stay in the corner...... Wink
Haha, now you caught me acting link a school principal!

Please don't hold it against me, I just wanted to give some advice. Laughing
11 years ago
DutchSniffer:
Yes you ARE! The longer I stay here, the better it feels.

In any case I had never thought the very first thing to discuss would be folding bicyles! Very Happy
Well, you started it! Wink
11 years ago
Apicius:
Cincy:
OK, I am pouting as I make my way to the corner for time out. Embarassed

Thank you Apicius for keeping us in line. Wondering how long I have to stay in the corner...... Wink
Haha, now you caught me acting link a school principal!

Please don't hold it against me, I just wanted to give some advice. Laughing

How can I when you are right. I just want to know how long I have to stay in the corner, I need Sherapop to bring me tea, ummm cookies would be nice too. LOL
11 years ago 1
I still check out Fragrantica occasionally and it's funny to see people requesting that the administrators implement various features that Parfumo already has. Twisted Evil
11 years ago 3
Wow. I never noticed this topic until Cryptic had posted to it.

I'm a former Fragrantica user too. My experience is rather typical for me -- I never could figure out what proper etiquette was (rules were never enforced except when they were), so I just had fun. Too late, I found out that the admins didn't like fun. I also tried to help, volunteering in public, and in private multiple times, only to be ignored, and then personally attacked by an admin. After he threatened to ban me from the site, I went looking for other fragrance sites and found Parfumo.

I rarely think about the site anymore -- too much angst involved.
11 years ago
Silverfire:

I'm a former Fragrantica user too. My experience is rather typical for me -- I never could figure out what proper etiquette was (rules were never enforced except when they were), so I just had fun. Too late, I found out that the admins didn't like fun. I also tried to help, volunteering in public, and in private multiple times, only to be ignored, and then personally attacked by an admin. After he threatened to ban me from the site, I went looking for other fragrance sites and found Parfumo.

You take a chance with any kind of humor over there unless it's a knock-knock joke. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I'm glad you're here, SF. Wink
At Parfumo all issues are promptly addressed 11 years ago 1
That is the difference. There is a team of moderators here. And, if anything big comes up, the issue is promptly handled.

At Fragrantica a lot of drama results because the moderators (probably because of lack of time and dealing with a large volume of posts) don't step in early enough to not let issues blow out of proportion.
11 years ago 1
Silverfire:

I'm also glad to find you here SF and amazed by your experience at the other place - though perhaps I shouldn't be Shocked
11 years ago 1
Flogging a dead horse, again, but I tend to lurk rather a lot, that and play games on Facebook. I haven't 'left' any of the fragrance forums.

I think it has probably been said earlier in the thread about Basenotes being a bit soulless and male oriented. Their dodgy server and repeated hacking experiences don't inspire confidence.

Fragrantica was my first forum, and as such still has a place in my heart. Though it is not just the forum, it is the people that I met there, some of whom I still see here and on Facebook.

It may be a bit bland but it is 'nice' to be a part of this forum and to watch it grow.

Very Happy
11 years ago
Mill4r4:
Flogging a dead horse

If you must flog a horse, please do make sure that it's already dead!
Cool
To gather here ... make it more 11 years ago
I keep recruiting them over to here. Some came, put up their Wardrobe collection and then stopped writing because there are not enough lively discussions in the Forum here.

What I miss here, is the visual possibilities that Fragrantica has. True, images can be inserted here with the Img button, but music videos only show with the URL line.

There was a Perfume/Image/Music topic on Fragrantica, really beautiful. The three sensory perceptions combined in one thread, and the image of the Youtube music showing; that added to the whole, instead of just a URL reference line to Youtube where the rest of the Youtube clutter shows and disturbs the listener.
11 years ago
I'm so glad Parfumo isn't like Fragrantica, and I really wish the people who came here could accept Parfumo for the wonderful site that it is instead of trying to turn it into another Perfume Romper Room. Rolling Eyes For those who aren't aware, Fragrantica values things like pictures and videos over words. Topics are constantly being "trimmed" to accomodate the bandwidth-hogging video and picture threads. So if you don't have much to say about perfume and just want to look at pictures and watch videos, Fragrantica is the site for you!
Last edited by Cryptic on 26.02.2013, 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Re: To gather here ... make it more 11 years ago
Pipette:

What I miss here, is the visual possibilities that Fragrantica has. True, images can be inserted here with the Img button, but music videos only show with the URL line.

This is just unnecessary server data blocked IMO.
If I want to listen to music, I just put on my iTunes or insert a CD in my player (yes, I still use it Razz ).

I don't have a clue why this should be incorporated into Parfumo... with the images enough is done I think.

If people miss lively discussions then they should just start a topic on here, but please no silly games like "what is a sexy scent?" etc.
some games are fun, but a gameheavy forum is not nice IMO.

On the german Parfumo I am mostly active in discussions about certain brands or notes, but mainly just write reviews Smile
Long threads get chopped down periodically at Fragrantica 11 years ago
Okay, that Fragrance/Image/Music in Fragrantica does not exist anymore, but I had simultaneously posted a similar topic on Basenotes.

www.basenotes.net/threads/297663-Fragrance-vis ion-music?highlight=

I meant to show the relationship between the three senses and play with ideas.

Some people enjoyed it.
The new group 11 years ago
Let's breathe some life into the new group that is happily gathering out of the mess of Fragrantica. (I visit there occasionally but find the vastness of kid-like comments discouraging.)

Time permitting ... we have to talk. If nobody posts, there will be no conversations.

Just spit out some stimulating topics. Share about your day. Write whatever comes to mind (a grown-up mind !!)

I can see that people are very busy here writing decent and well thought-out reviews. That is basically the fabric with which PARFUMO is woven - good reviews that stand up when looked upon from the outside, meaning the Internet.
11 years ago
I think that at this point Parfumo has a lot more interaction going on in response to the reviews, which is fine with me. I am really interested in people's comments on my reviews and I enjoy commenting on others' as well.

One thing which might be nice would be to receive notifications when a review which we have commented on is commented on. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I should respond to comments on my reviews because I don't expect people to go back to them. But if we had notifications, then it would make more sense...

Idea
11 years ago
Sherapop:
I think that at this point Parfumo has a lot more interaction going on in response to the reviews, which is fine with me. I am really interested in people's comments on my reviews and I enjoy commenting on others' as well.

One thing which might be nice would be to receive notifications when a review which we have commented on is commented on. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I should respond to comments on my reviews because I don't expect people to go back to them. But if we had notifications, then it would make more sense...

Idea

This is a feature I would like to see here too ... Parfumo is a place I can come to discuss my passion ... PERFUME!! I know others want to come here and describe their days and that is just fine ... for me it's all about THE FUMES!!
Subscribing to reviews 11 years ago
I believe that one can subscribe to someone's reviews and follow them. But I don't know whether a feature exists to see whether new comments to the own reviews have been made. As Sherapop suggests that would be nice to get e-mails like that.

This suggestion should go into the Suggestion Topic and be translated and submitted by member Showdown into the existing Suggestion Topic on the German twin side, so that it can be picked up there and dealt with.
Re: Subscribing to reviews 11 years ago
Pipette:
I But I don't know whether a feature exists to see whether new comments to the own reviews have been made.

It exists. Under mail notifications you can get e-mails when some responds to your review, a perfume you reviewed is reviewed or a perfume from your collection is reviwed (I guess only under "I have" - not sure), but it's not possible to get mails when a comment is made to a review you commented as well - that's true.
11 years ago
I have been less active on both sites, because of a sudden change in my personal life which allows me less time to "play" online.
I find Fragrantica less and less stimulating, what with all the games going on. The same empty questions keep being asked over and over again, and anything interesting gets buried under the games and silly questions (often posted by the same person).
So for now I am mostly reading reviews, discovering new scents, and for the time being this is sufficient for me.
I will drop a line here if I have something possibly interesting to share.
Happy smelling good to everyone.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Fragrantica values things like pictures and videos over words.

Ahahaha Cryptic, somebody (who shall remain nameless) actually declared on Frag once that ... and I quote: "words are boring".
Says it all really Wink
11 years ago

You talkin' to me?
11 years ago
101 - 125 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to