Search Forum

2 unique fragrances wanted

2 unique fragrances wanted 1 year ago

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I'm looking for a sunflower scent (perfume / eau de parfum / eau de toilette) for men or unisex. I don't mean Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers. What I'm looking for has got this strong note of the sticky, oily substance that oozes of the edible sunflowers (the ones with seeds). If you ever had one of these sunflowers in your hands, you know what I'm talking about, this is a smell like no other. I LOVE IT! Any idea who makes perfumes like this - just a few minutes ago someone passed by smelling exactly like this, so I'm pretty sure they exist.

The other one should be easier to find: cucumber. A freshly cut cucumber peel - any clues? Please...

P.S. I'm not looking for something cheap that lasts half an hour or so Smile , no... I'm expecting them to be quite pricey if they are going to be good.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP - YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE

1 year ago 1

Welcome to Parfumo! You can search by fragrance notes here. Check this out:

https://par.fm/C7TLZ

1 year ago 1

Hi Paav,

you are right about the cucumber note, you can try Roses on IceRoses on Ice or En PassantEn Passant

To be totally honest I could not recognise the smell of sunflower seeds even if I smelled it, I would think it's sesame seeds. Sad

If you have the chance, next time you might as well ask the person what beautiful perfume are they wearing.

Kind regards,

1 year ago

Hi Cocopah,

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try to source them out.

And as far as asking people for the name of the perfume they're wearing, I don't think I can be so direct. I mean, on one hand I believe they may recognise it as a compliment, but on the other they may take it as an assault, no? Correct me if i'm wrong here.

Cheers

1 year ago 1

Hi Paav,

asking strangers about their perfume without appearing weird to the person has a lot to do with the situation and context. For example, if you are standing in line waiting and the person standing behind you is wearing a nice perfume, then it is easier to turn around and respectfully ask them what are they wearing.  Maybe an anecdote of my own experience might illustrate what kind of situation/context I mean: I was having coffee with a friend of mine (both female). The waitress came to take our order and then went away. My friend mentioned that something smelled so good and that she believed it was the perfume of the young woman taking our order. I absolutely agreed but couldn´t recognise what perfume it was. When the waitress came back with our food, my friend complimented her perfume and said it was really beautiful. The waitress gave us a big smile and told us: "Thank you! It's called Oud Wood. I love, love anything with Oud in it".  Then she walked away and continued with her busy day. Quite a different situation would be to follow someone down the street to ask them about their perfume, in this case I agree with you that is kind of intrusive and perhaps even a little creepy.

Hope you find the perfume that smells like sunflowers! With that description I had to watch some samurai champloo Smile

Regards

Re: 2 unique fragrances wanted 1 year ago
Paav

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I'm looking for a sunflower scent (perfume / eau de parfum / eau de toilette) for men or unisex. I don't mean Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers. What I'm looking for has got this strong note of the sticky, oily substance that oozes of the edible sunflowers (the ones with seeds). If you ever had one of these sunflowers in your hands, you know what I'm talking about, this is a smell like no other. I LOVE IT! Any idea who makes perfumes like this - just a few minutes ago someone passed by smelling exactly like this, so I'm pretty sure they exist.

The other one should be easier to find: cucumber. A freshly cut cucumber peel - any clues? Please...

P.S. I'm not looking for something cheap that lasts half an hour or so Smile , no... I'm expecting them to be quite pricey if they are going to be good.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP - YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE

2. Mont Blanc emblem intense 

1 year ago

Clary, sage, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg and cinnamon? Do these, combined together, give the effect of a cucumber peel?

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations 2 unique fragrances wanted
Jump to