Search Forum

la fumee by Miller Harris

la fumee by Miller Harris 10 years ago
Hi folks,
I have been craving to try la fumee by Miller Harris for a while but haven't had the opportunity and may not have very soon. So I am currently seriously considering a blind buy. From the ingredients list (incense, cardamom, sandalwood, cumin, birchbtar) I should love it.

As incense heavy frags I have full bottles of Avignon (which I hardly wear as it is too cold), a decant of Kyoto (which I hardly wear as I find it very masculine but sometimes spray it on my pillow) and a decant of Epic man (which I find enjoyable, maybe a bit too butch to wear in public). I do have a decant of Incense y Kamali, which I sniff from time t time but don't wear in public.
I recently purchased Sahara Noir, which I adore. On my perfume eating skin it is not a projection beast, and used sparingly (1 spray) I can comfortably wear it to work.'
Considering this and also the other scents in my collection, would you

A) expect me to like or love la fumee
B) see any redundancy with scents I already have?

Although some discribe it as pure incense smell, I would expect the combination incense and birch tar as a quite novel rendition of incense. More campfire than church perhaps.
By the way, I love Fleur de Sel by Miller Harris and thus have a good opinion on that house.
10 years ago
Purchased La Fumee earlier last week, and I've had a few wearings of it in the cold so far. It's not a pure incense fragrance, to my nose, definitely not to the extent of say, Avignon or Sahara Noir.

I think you're right in your estimation that it's sort of campfire, rather than churchy. The woods are pretty prominent for me, and it initially smells of the outdoors.

I don't get the spices as distinct notes, per se, but a blended accord with some other deliciousness that lasts from the top into the heart.

It also seems to round out to a sort of ambery base, so it does evolve a bit.

I smelled nearly the whole Miller Harris line in one go, minus the two new La Fumee flankers that weren't available in Bucharest, and this was my selection. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Just from what you've described as other scents you tend to like, I would say that La Fumee would probably be to your liking, and at the same time not overly redundant with your others.

Best wishes!
10 years ago
Thanks! I may have the opportunity to try it in a few weeks on my Christmas leave in Germany. So I will be patient and not risk a blind buy although it sounds super tempting. Outdoorsy campfire and amber sounds delicious. Hope I will like it!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands la fumee by Miller Harris
Jump to