Hermès perfumes

26 - 42 by 42
10 years ago
Sleuth:
"Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche"
Good idea, or a bad idea?

Any thoughts?
10 years ago
Can't say for sure. I'm not exactly a fan of Hermes, although I do have a vintage Equipage on the way since I like that one.

I tried to like the original Bel Ami and as much as I enjoy the vintage masculines with notes similar to Bel Ami's accords, I just never felt the love.
10 years ago
Equipage is also my Hermès favorite at the moment.
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Sleuth:

Any thoughts?

I'm always dubious of 'fresh' flankers. What do you think they'll do to it - add some citrus/aquatic top notes and dilute the rest?
10 years ago
Triffid:
I'm always dubious of 'fresh' flankers. What do you think they'll do to it - add some citrus/aquatic top notes and dilute the rest?

Sounds like some healthy skepticism, Triffid. Smile
10 years ago
I've not been that big a fan of the Hermes as a house. However, I absolutely adore the Vintage form of Eau d'Hermes. This is a flowery civet bomb and it's simply gorgeous. Reminds me a little of Jicky in the opening, but the drydown is a stunning white floral with the civet hanging on in the background. It is delicious. And hard to find. I stocked up recently when I found someone who still had a stash of the copper top bottles. Now I have some extra that I'll likely sell at some point. But if the chance to purchase left and I could wear only one perfume that is in my collection, I could be happy with this one.

I am considering a FB of Hiris as the other one which I liked, but I'm not sure I get along well enough with it's green side.
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Sleuth:

Any thoughts?
My husband wouldn't be bothered with a flanker, although he made an exception for DH Intense, haha. But that was because I bought it for me and it disappeared. I's fun when your buddy/husband/SO….even the milkman, joins in with your hobby, habit, interest
10 years ago
Danieq:
I've not been that big a fan of the Hermes as a house. However, I absolutely adore the Vintage form of Eau d'Hermes. This is a flowery civet bomb and it's simply gorgeous. Reminds me a little of Jicky in the opening, but the drydown is a stunning white floral with the civet hanging on in the background. It is delicious. And hard to find. I stocked up recently when I found someone who still had a stash of the copper top bottles. Now I have some extra that I'll likely sell at some point. But if the chance to purchase left and I could wear only one perfume that is in my collection, I could be happy with this one.

I am considering a FB of Hiris as the other one which I liked, but I'm not sure I get along well enough with it's green side.

Danieq, read the perfume shrine excerpt on cheap thrills and decide whether you could make do with Yardley Iris. I'm a Hermes fan but Hiris is too spendy for me at its newly inflated prices. It makes a lovely base for a puff of something more expensive on top, my mix is Pierre de Lune and Y Iris
10 years ago
I love Hermes. Today I ordered eau Claire des Merveilles. Past the point of no return, Christine,Christine, what will you bring us?
9 years ago
Nouveau: "Rose Amazone"

ireland.hermes.com/perfumes/women/rose-amazone .html

Have you tried it?
9 years ago
The Maestro of Hermès is working on a new jardin fragrance:

"Le Jardin de Monsieur Li"

What do you think about it?

"a new Hermès perfume inspired on the magical Chinese gardens from South-East Asia. A special fragrance built with pure jasmine and kumquat:b7883bd37b]
9 years ago
Update by Nstperfume: Additional notes for Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li include mint and sap; it will debut in March.

Update by Basenotes, additional note: sichuan pepper.
9 years ago
I recently discovered "Bel Ami" by chance....a random sniff at the Hermès counter, not expecting anything but woah ! what a scent. It literally blew me away. Very masculine indeed but simply irresistible to my nose. Had to have it right away. The vetiver version is wonderful, too.

Also Hermès favourites of mine : Un jardin sur le Nil. Will never get tired of this one. I usually wear heavy oriental bombs but whenever I need something "airy" and "fresh" I usually choose this one.
Or "Voyage d´Hermès". Spicy and unobtrusive.

I am still undecided whether "Calèche" is something for me. To me it is nostalgic, soapy and very ladylike. Something that smells like the women in "Mad Men"....... I think I might enjoy this one.

"Rouge d´Hermès" is nice, too but for sandalwood I simply prefer Chanel´s "Bois des Iles" and Guerlain´s "Samsara" over RdH. Two more than decent alternatives simply win over this one.

For some time I wore the famed "Ambre Narguilé". I got tired of it some day and gave away my little travel-size bottle. Too foody, too much of all good things actually. At least for the time being...I might change my mind again....but I guess I´d try my luck rather with "Lann Ael" (hope the spelling is not too far off).
9 years ago
Any thoughts about the new "Le Jardin de Monsieur Li", or "Jour d'Hermès Gardenia" ?

I just sprayed the Jour d'hermès Gardenia on paper and the top notes smell quite green. Almost as if it was a side-project to Jardin de Monsieur Li...

What are your thoughts?
9 years ago
I tested Le Jardin de Monsieur Li at a perfume counter the other day and have no memory of it, which means it didn't strike me as a standout.
9 years ago
Recently added:
Equipage Géranium by Hermès

I'm really excited about this one! (and I'm not being paid by hermes lol)
Notes: Spicy accord, Geranium, Sandalwood. I hope they kept the aldehydes too... JCE really doesn't want to retire, does he? I'm glad!
Let me know if you tried it Smile
Hermes 9 years ago
Hi, I am rather new and my language is not English so sorry in advance for my mistakes.
24 faubourg : I had/have and really like...but I made two blind Hermes buys on the same day because there are other things from Hermes that I like, so I thought it was Hermes so it had to be good.
1) Caleche soie de parfum....first time I used it I had to go after a little while to scrub it of, the second time I forced myself and it grew a bit on me, but that's about 2 months ago and i have not had the urge (or courage) to use it again.
2) jardin sur le nil....for me horrible, I have lived for 18 months over a period of 3 years in Egypt workrelated, 2 weeks Europe, 2 weeks Egypt and so on ( I love the Egypt of back then) but...there are some things... Wel for me it smells indeed like the Nile at some places, not the best, in the heat of the hottest summer...I gave it to my partner and said it is unisex....but I see he doesn't use it neither. For me the juice really smells bad...
Notify about new comments
26 - 42 by 42
Jump to