Search Forum

How can you tell if a perfume is fake or authentic?

How can you tell if a perfume is fake or authentic? 1 year ago

It can Be Very Help for Me 
Thanks 

1 year ago

I suggest watching fake vs legit videos on YouTube, they show all the details you need to check! 

1 year ago 1

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Check the packaging: Look for any signs of tampering or inconsistencies in the design. Fake perfumes often have subtle differences that can be spotted if you look closely!

Smell it! If it smells different from what you're used to, it could be a fake. Keep in mind that some perfumes can vary slightly from batch to batch, so this isn't always a foolproof method.

This probably the most important tip: Stick to authorized retailers or the brand's official website to avoid ending up with a counterfeit product!

1 year ago 1

Hi,

I agree with Orandave, you have to check brand by brand individually.

For Amouage there is a very interesting interview of David Crickmore in YT talking about this problem and he mentions some characteristics to look for when purchasing Amouage perfumes. Important to consider: the interview was uploaded in 2019 when Mr Crickmore was still the managing director.  In 2021 he was replaced by M. Parsiegla so it is possible that some characteristics mentioned in the video on how to identify fakes have changed under the new management. I am referring to the statement: "Amouage never goes on sale. If you bought an Amouage on sale or at discount prices it is fake".

Again, I agree with Orandave, prefer authorised retailers and official brand websites. 

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions How can you tell if a perfume is fake or authentic?
Jump to