Search Forum

Male wedding scent recommentadion for a newbie

Male wedding scent recommentadion for a newbie 12 months ago

Hi there

I will be getting married in mid July in Germany.  Its going to be super hot and I will be wearing a kilt.  I am pretty clueless when it comes to fragrance as I haven't owned any for about 20 years (im 44 now) but have really caught the bug since deciding I would like to have a special fragrance for the day. 

I am looking for something suitable for a groom that is fresh, a little special but not too provocative.   Something classy and interesting.  

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you 

12 months ago 1

Hi Jamesfrew,

congratulations on your wedding! I think two options could be Ambre NuitAmbre Nuit is elegant and not overwhelming. I consider it as "fresh-spicy".

The second would be "Join The Club - 40 Knots | XerJoff".

12 months ago 1

I wore "Shooting Stars - Nio | XerJoff" at my wedding. Fantastic fresh scent, with a unique green and spicy accord that will make you stand out. Lasts long as well.

12 months ago 1

Throwing in a bit of a curve ball but Grey Vetiver EDP (Tom Ford) 

12 months ago 1
Jamesfrew

Hi there

I will be getting married in mid July in Germany.  Its going to be super hot and I will be wearing a kilt.  I am pretty clueless when it comes to fragrance as I haven't owned any for about 20 years (im 44 now) but have really caught the bug since deciding I would like to have a special fragrance for the day. 

I am looking for something suitable for a groom that is fresh, a little special but not too provocative.   Something classy and interesting.  

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you 

Hello!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding in Germany! I can imagine it will be a beautiful day.

Regarding your fragrance search, I completely understand your dilemma. It can be challenging to find the right scent, especially for such an important occasion.

If you're looking for a fresh, classy, and interesting fragrance that's not too provocative, I would recommend trying out some options from brands like Acqua di Parma, Jo Malone, or Maison Margiela. They have a great range of scents that might fit the bill.

It's also a good idea to test out some samples before committing to a full bottle. That way, you can get a better sense of what you like and what works best with your skin.

Hope this helps, and all the best for your big day!

12 months ago

Thank you all  so much for your replies. They all sound fantastic. I will definitely search for them to test or see if I can order samples. 

I have a feeling I’m going to really like this new hobby.  

Smile

11 months ago

I would recommend Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For MenPour Monsieur Eau de Toilette , classy, elegant. Don't expect it to be loud though

11 months ago

Hi! My wedding fragrance was Widian London. The raspberry and vanilla were miraculous on me, and gave me an outer world mood. This one is not necessarily in your direction, I was telling my story, but Amouage Dia Man may be a great idea for you. Not citric, but a floral fresh. Similar to what you'd smell in the freezer room of a flower shop - green flower stems fresh cut. It settles in a clean, classy scent. I love it.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Male wedding scent recommentadion for a newbie
Jump to