Search Forum

Frangipani (plumeria)

Frangipani (plumeria) 10 years ago
As wonderfully fragrant as plumerias are, why aren't there more perfumes with plumeria notes/ingredients?
10 years ago
There are a few, I am trying to google them. Meanwhile, here is an article on the subject by Elena Vosnaki in Perfume Shrine.
10 years ago
I believe all the old houses in the 1800's and early 1900's created frangipani frags.
10 years ago
Frangipani is a popular garden shrub in Sydney and huge old plants - small trees really - often grace front gardens in older suburbs with red brick Californian bungalow style houses. The plants are bizarrely ugly when leafless in winter, though.
The smell is divine but I usually only encounter it in scented body products rather than bona-fide perfume. I guess there is some scent overlap with gardenia, orange blossom and other heady sweet tropical flowers.
I would love to smell a thoughtfully composed Plumeria note in a fragrance - nothing too overdone or cloyingly sweet and definitely no pineapple and coconut cocktails!
10 years ago
Does a Magnolia scent count? The blossoms and the smell may be similar. And what about the name, Champaca.

boisdejasmin.com/2010/09/tom-ford-champaca-abs olute-perfume-review.html

(I am putting this in to keep the topic going. People are leaving because the discussions dry out.)
10 years ago
I would have to smell them side by side, Pipette, but I think Champaca might be closer than Magnolia.
"Songes" by Annick Goutal has a hefty dose of Frangipani, along with other heady florals like Ylang Ylang and Tiare (similar to Gardenia). It has a definite 'South Pacific' vibe, though I'm never keen on vanilla with these sort of flowers.
Great info.. 10 years ago
Thank you for all the info about this.

Yorr links led me to this www.fragrantica.com/notes/Frangipani-151.html
Plumeria as a central note of composition... 10 years ago
Plumeria as a central note of composition:

In these fragrances you will find Plumeria as the main ingredient: different, but very recognisable:

Frangipane delle Maldive by Monotheme Fine Fragrances Venezia,
Frangipani delle Indie by Tesori d`Oriente,
Frangipani by Ormonde Jayne,
Hawaiian Plumeria by Aloha Beauty,
Polynesian Gardens by Nicolas Danila,
The Garden Party Frangipane by The Party,
En Fleur by DSH Perfumes,
Plumeria by TerraNova,
Frangipane by Chantecaille,
Pink Frangipani by Lucy B,
Frangipanni Gloves by Ayala

This is from the link above (fragrantica)
Andy Tauer's "Ingrid" - Tableau de Parfums 10 years ago
Well, well, well ... as I read Kafka's latest blog article, I find that the newly released "Ingrid" has a lot of plumeria.

See for yourselves -

akafkaesquelife.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/table au-de-parfumsandy-tauer-ingrid-antique-florals /
adding Ingrid to wish list 10 years ago
It sounds wonderful...
Bergamot, orange, lemon, cinnamon, clove, Frangipani [or Plumeria], rose, lily of the valley [Muguet], sandalwood, tolu [balsam], cistus, vanilla, styrax
10 years ago
I like "Jannat" which officially lists Frangipani ... but there are 380 more to be found in the advanced search here on site Wink
Notify about new comments
Jump to