Search Forum

Perfume Rookie Seeking Summer Fragrance

Perfume Rookie Seeking Summer Fragrance 2 years ago 1

Hello!

I'm very new to the world of perfumes, having only recently purchased my first perfume, Coach Dreams Sunset. This fragrance brings me alot of joy, but I personally don't find it suitable for daily wear. I am moving to a new city, and would like to find a signature scent to help kick off this fresh start. Any recommendations for a lovely fresh scent I can wear all summer long? For context: I am a 22 year old woman. I prefer feminine scents, but I am open to something more androgynous/unisex.

What I'm trying to avoid: Powdery scents, overly sweet gourmands, a basic vanilla, fragrances that feel "beachy"

What I'm trying to evoke: Youthful but not childish, wears like a second skin, fresh/floral/aromatic, a sense of adventure (corny I know), possibly a slight spiciness? 

I'm ready to take suggestions with an open mind, so don't hesitate to recommend anything niche or out there. In terms of budget, I'm willing to spend up to $100 on a bottle (birthday gift to myself), although any wallet friendly choices are welcome. 

~ Loaf 

2 years ago

Here is my selection, hope it helps !

- 17 by Fo'ah

Top notes: Lychee, Violet
Middle notes: Palm Tree accord, Peach Blossom, Cherry Blossom
Base notes: Incense, Siberian Pine absolute

It is very fresh, the palm tree note will take you to an oasis 🌴. I mostly get lychee and cherry blossom.

- Sunset Hour by Goldfield & Banks is a solar Australian cocktail (I get peach, mandarin and raspberry), it's floral too and a bit spicy. Not too sweet and gourmand imo.

- You might also like the fresh and bright Lust in Paradise by Ex Nihilo (white peonies, lychee).

2 years ago

How exciting! I think finding a perfume to celebrate your move is wonderful. Consider Bergamot, Jasmine & LabdanumBergamot, Jasmine & Labdanum (or anything, really) from Dame Perfumery Scottsdale. It's a superb indie/niche house that offers affordable high quality scents.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Perfume Rookie Seeking Summer Fragrance
Jump to