Search Forum

Your favorite classic Eau de Cologne?

1 - 25 by 47
Your favorite classic Eau de Cologne? 12 years ago 1
What is your favorite classic Eau de Cologne? I mean those EdC`s that follow the classic way with citric and neroli notes.

Living near the city of Cologne, of course, 4711 and Farina Gegenüber's Kölnisch Wasser are well known to me, but there is a lot more around.
12 years ago
I must say that I really like äcqua di parma intense
12 years ago 2
That's a lot ElRiecho!

Personally, my favorite so far is Guerlain's "Eau de Cologne Impériale".
12 years ago
I found Aqua de Lavanda and Lavender Fizz by Italian natural perfumer Roberto Dario to be sooo nice!

esperienzeolfattive.blogspot.nl/p/le-fragranze the-fragrances.html
12 years ago
Eau de Guerlain
Les Plus Belles Lavandes de Caron
Cologne Sologne by Patricia de Nicolaï
Agua de Colónia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez
Cologne Gran Luxe by Fragonard ( FABULOUS )
Santa Maria Novella
Acqua di Parma
The Diptyque's colognes
11 years ago
Mine is Eau de Cologne du Coq by Guerlain. Smile
11 years ago
I only own one real EdC, so I am anything but an expert, but I really love "Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru" by Comme des Garçons - though the approach is rather classic, it seems a great modern variation of the classic EdC. And it lasts quite nicely.
11 years ago
I bought some huge daffodils today and was admiring their scent. I got a major craving for Caswell-Massey's Number Six and I'm currently soaked in it just before bed. This is a beautiful cologne and it brings me a wonderfully calming spring vibe that's just lovely.

EDC du Coq is still my favorite, but this one has to be up there. Smile
11 years ago
Vintage Shalimar EDC
10 years ago 1
Coming from a German speaking city (Vienna), I grew up with the smell of 4711. A bottle of it was always around in my grandparents home. Maybe that's the reason, why my parents, and after them I, somehow tried to avoid it. However, recently I've learned to appreciate classic colognes and even though not strictly a cologne/EdC, my current favorite would be Eau Sauvage by Dior.
10 years ago
I'm a big fan of the Chanel Les Exclusifs line, not to wear myself, with one exception, but as a bastion of classic masculine and feminine perfumery, including some classic eau de cologne aimed at men (and not a heavy-handed aquatic in the bunch).

Classically citrus, fresh and masculine:
"1932"
"Eau de Cologne"
"Cuir de Russie"

"Bois des Iles"sort of falls into the classic eau de cologne category, but would be better described as a more accessible version of No. 5.

With the exception of Coromandel, which melts my heart with its heavenly juxtaposition of dry and sweet, the feminine fragrances in the Les Exclusifs line are far too classically floral for my taste. The more masculine of the bunch are really what delight me most about Les Exclusifs.
10 years ago
Thanks for resurrecting this thread, Mefunx.

One of my favorite colognes is Atelier Cologne "Trèfle Pur". A nice cool violet leaf. But so fleeting .....

I also enjoy an occasional spray of Acqua di Parma "Colonia Assoluta". It's one of the few scents where I do enjoy jasmine.
10 years ago
acqua di parma colonia
roger et gallet jean marine farina extra vieille
10 years ago
For me it was always Eau de Rochas but now it's Eau du Sud
10 years ago
Patricia de Nicolai- New York
Guerlain-Vetyver
Dior- Eau Sauvage the older edition that my husband had.
10 years ago
One of my favorites is "Cologne Sologne" by PdN.
I also like the modern twist on the classical theme in "Eau de Jade" by Giorgio Armani.
10 years ago
Eau de Jade, that's an interesting option, Epimedes. How's the dry down of that one?
10 years ago
Sleuth, the drydown of EdJ is mostly neroli and clean musks, plus some other modern molecules probably. It feels soft and creamy, I also get a bit of a ginger aspect from it. The wonderful thing is that neroli lasts and lasts.

I'm looking now at the list of notes in the database, and it says "burbon vanilla". Hmmm...that just doesn't make sense. There could be some vanilla deep inside, but I would never describe EdJ as a vanillic scent. I will need to revisit it again, but I stay by my description. Actually, Prada's Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger may be a good reference, though EdJ is built around neroli, not orange blossoms, and is more energetic and unisex/masculine in the beginning.
10 years ago
Thanks for the update Smile
|
|
\/
Last edited by Sleuth on 04.02.2014, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
For me, I would say five or six hours easily. Even more when sprayed on a fabric, less when it's very hot outside. It hovers close to the skin after the first half an hour, but never disappears, I can smell it distinctly.
10 years ago
Epimedes:
For me, I would say five or six hours easily. Even more when sprayed on a fabric, less when it's very hot outside. It hovers close to the skin after the first half an hour, but never disappears, I can smell it distinctly.

I have this too. I'm on my second bottle. It's very similar to Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo but with more lasting power than the latter and with a better basenotes. When I bought Eau de Jade it was at the discounters. Far too spensy for me now.
10 years ago
These are absolute favorites, especially the first one. "Colonia Assoluta" and "Dior Homme Cologne (2013)". The Dior is very simple in its composition, I like that. But it doesn't really follow the classic ingredients as it features grapefruit blossom.

I also appreciate both "Colonia" and "Mugler Cologne". Though Colonia smells a little bit 'dated'.

Then there's one I received a sample of and which I'm not sure whether to buy a bottle or not. It's "Bergamotto Marino".
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre Your favorite classic Eau de Cologne?
1 - 25 by 47
Jump to