Search Forum

Books: what are you reading right now?

1 - 25 by 297
Books: what are you reading right now? 12 years ago
I am currently reading a book by "mission munroe" Taylor Stevens, a fascinating book.

Moni
12 years ago
Currently, I am browsing through various large books on Photoshop...I have some novels waiting to be read :
Last edited by PontNeuf on 02.01.2014, 13:26; edited 1 time in total
12 years ago
Actually, I'm reading "Firewalker" by Allyson James, the second part of a urban fantasy series.

At the same time, I started with "Sibirische Erziehung", a biography in German about a guy who was once a part of the Sibirian mafia.
12 years ago
"Notting Hell" by Rachel Johnson is my current "handbag book" to read on public transport, in waiting rooms etc.

Not the best choice for that purpose and interrupted reading, because the perspective changes from one personnage to the next, so it's easy to mix up who is who and the way they are connected.
12 years ago
Flatlands: a Romance of many dimentions. classic.
11 years ago
The Heretic Queen, by Michelle Moran. It's a part 2 story of Nefertiti, fictionalized. A good read.
11 years ago
'How did you get this number?' by Sloane Crosley. Very funny! She wrote 'I was told there'd be cake' - another good one.

Love this thread as I am a total bookworm. Oh, and perfume crazy!
11 years ago
Sybil by Flora Rheta Shreiber, which chronicles the horror of multiple personality disorder.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Sybil by Flora Rheta Shreiber, which chronicles the horror of multiple personality disorder.

I wonder what prompted you to Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Cryptic:

16 different personalities?
Pah!
Amateur

Get your teeth into this one Girlie: 92!! Now we're talking.

PS: Still put yours in my Amazon shortlist Wink
11 years ago
I read "When Rabbit Howls", it's a very good account of multiple personality disorder but it is heart breaking and horrific, so brace yourself if you get it.
11 years ago
Big Stone Gap by Adrian Trigiani
11 years ago
I'm reading several books on the Crusades for a paper I'm writing, plus Bodies in the Bog and the Archaelogical Imagination by Karin Sanders and a biography of the American painter Georgia O'Keefe.
11 years ago
I'm about to start The Black Box by Michael Connelly. His Harry Bosch series is one of my guilty pleasures.
11 years ago
America America by Ethan Canin, fiction about politics, power and
ethics. Will be a hard read for me since I don't usually read these kind of books.
Last edited by Cincy on 23.12.2012, 14:20; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Finished America America, surprised by the read.
Now on to ....

Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand.
11 years ago
Just finished: Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas.

Started yesterday: Frostbitten, Kelley Armstrong.

I love good urban fantasy and fantasy books (with a lot of action and a minor (!) love story) and I'm always looking for good tips (if you have one, please let me know!)! Very Happy
11 years ago
MNQ:
Cincy:
Big Stone Gap by Adrian Trigiani
+1 just finished reading this one and quite enjoyed it!

Fun read MNQ Very Happy

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. First book I have ever read about the traveling circus in the Great Depression.

Captivating story. I will give it a 5 star.
11 years ago
For Christmas I got an autographed copy of Francois Coty Fragrance, Power, Money. I guess this is what I'll be reading once the holiday madness dies down.
11 years ago
Neil Young's Waging Heavy Peace
11 years ago
Seatonica:
Neil Young's Waging Heavy Peace

Neil Young is an author? Wow! His music was one of my teenage obsessions, and I still bust out the albums now and then. Love him! Let me know if it's a good read, I might need to pick it up.
I am currently reading an excellent Louis Armstrong biography called An Extravagant Life, by Laurence Bergreen.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Books: what are you reading right now?
1 - 25 by 297
Jump to