Search Forum

Quotes.....

1 - 25 by 401
Quotes..... 11 years ago
Today's Quote:

" The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people. "
11 years ago
If you're not what you teach
......and you're not what you preach.
Then what you teach
....and what you preach.
Will not reach.
It's just speech.
11 years ago
Experience was the master teacher.
His way was hard and rough.
Wisdom stood back to watch the procession.
......and thought to watch was experience enough......
11 years ago
"Cats rule; dogs drool."

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
“Count your blessings” The ancient Jewish tradition is to try to get to 100 blessings a day.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOvTsZlmgE
11 years ago
Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
Marian Bendeth
11 years ago
“It's not very easy to grow up into a woman. We are always taught, almost bombarded, with ideals of what we should be at every age in our lives: "This is what you should wear at age twenty", "That is what you must act like at age twenty-five", "This is what you should be doing when you are seventeen." But amidst all the many voices that bark all these orders and set all of these ideals for girls today, there lacks the voice of assurance. There is no comfort and assurance. I want to be able to say, that there are four things admirable for a woman to be, at any age! Whether you are four or forty-four or nineteen! It's always wonderful to be elegant, it's always fashionable to have grace, it's always glamorous to be brave, and it's always important to own a delectable perfume! Yes, wearing a beautiful fragrance is in style at any age!”
? C. JoyBell C.
11 years ago
Spaghetti can be eaten most succesfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner.

Sophia Loren.
11 years ago
From The Portrait of a Lady, Henry James:

"A swift carriage, of a dark night, rattling with four horses over roads that one can't see--that's my idea of happiness."
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I'll take Henry James description of happines, but, are we allowed to modify? I'd like a bottle of expensive French chapagne along with all the rest....

Works for me! Wink
11 years ago
"Sure as you can steer a train, you can change your fate."

From the song Lucky Ball And Chain
by
They Might Be Giants/John Flansburgh and John Linnell
11 years ago
Victor Hugo / "Les Misérables"

"Avoiding sometimes resembles searching." Freely translated from me as I could not find any official transcript into English. Have read the novel in German, the original was written in French.

W.M. Thackeray / "Vanity Fair"

"A love-transaction: the one who loves and the other who condescends to be so treated." This is the original wording.

I must not forget dear Oscar Wilde who blessed mankind with so many brilliant bonmots :

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."
Smile
11 years ago
PontNeuf:
Victor Hugo / "Les Misérables"

"Avoiding sometimes resembles searching." Freely translated from me as I could not find any official transcript into English. Have read the novel in German, the original was written in French.

W.M. Thackeray / "Vanity Fair"

"A love-transaction: the one who loves and the other who condescends to be so treated." This is the original wording.

I must not forget dear Oscar Wilde who blessed mankind with so many brilliant bonmots :

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."
Smile

I like that quote. The last one.
11 years ago
My favorite Oscar Wilde quote:

"Women are meant to be loved, not understood."
11 years ago
"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard; because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with."

Dorothy "Wizard of Oz"
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 07:08; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
“Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common.”
Dorothy Parker
11 years ago
How about a few tantalizing tautologies:
"What's done is done."

"The truth is the truth."

"Que sera sera."

Laughing
11 years ago
The old saying, "A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life"
1 - 25 by 401
Notify about new comments
Jump to