Search Forum

identify unknown perfume note of cosmetic product

identify unknown perfume note of cosmetic product 1 year ago

Hej hej,

I really like the smell of a L'Oréal hair product, yet impossible to identify the notes or fragrance family (I am also quite new to this, and would like to find a real perfume with a similar smell)
it's the Extraordinary Oil, Oil-in-Cream Hair Treatment (I found it in Italy, France, and Finland under the same name or direct translation into the local language)
does anyone have any suggestion?

thanks!

1 year ago

Could it be coumarin (smells a bit like vanilla and some parts of tonka)? Have you looked at the ingredients?

1 year ago 1

Could you post a pic of the bottle? It would be really helpful

Edit: I googled the product and from their official page here is the -current- list of ingredients of the product you mentioned.

149672 B - Ingredients: Aqua / Water - Cetearyl Alcohol - Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil - Cetyl Alcohol - Cetyl Esters - Ci 15985 / Yellow 6 - Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 - Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract - Lactic Acid - Phenoxyethanol - Behentrimonium Methosulfate - Trideceth-6 - Chlorhexidine Digluconate - Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil - Nelumbium Speciosum Extract / Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract - Benzyl Alcohol - Cinnamal - Linalool - Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract - Amodimethicone - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Caramel - Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract - Rosa Canina Flower Extract - Bisabolol - Bht - Cetrimonium Chloride - Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil - Parfum / Fragrance. (F.I.L. C171304/1).

Besides the ingredient "Fragrance" at the end of the list, there are other ingredients that contribute to the overall scent of this product. For example: coconut, caramel, tiaré flower (gardenia tahitensis), rosa canina (Hundsrose), cinnamon (cinnamal), linalool (gives a fresh-flowery scent), Lotus flower (nelubium specious Flower).

I have never smelled this hair product but from these notes I assume it is a beach-tropical fragrance? Maybe you can look for a perfume that has many of these notes like for example Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum)Ylang in Gold Eau de Parfum, Aloha Tiaré (Eau de Toilette)Aloha Tiaré Eau de Toilette

Please let us know if you found the perfume you are looking for.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions identify unknown perfume note of cosmetic product
Jump to