Search Forum

I Must Have It!!

1 - 25 by 59
I Must Have It!! 11 years ago
The reason we get samples is to explore new Houses, and new fragrances. It might be a mainstream or designer frag, or a newly discovered Niche. Have you come across something lately, that you just can't stop thinking about...almost an Obsession?? You can feel the scent pulling you in, even when you haven't applied it that day) We can't just drop everything, and run out and buy every beautiful perfume we try, we would have to be almost millionaires to do that! But, joking aside..Which is your Obsession, or Must Have at the moment?
11 years ago
Yves Rocher Voile de Ambre. Had to have it AND. A backup bottle within a week of sampling.. Also, Boucheron Trouble troubled me until I got a big bottle.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Rose Barbare by Guerlain. I have a small sample which I use judiciously, since the cost for a bottle is high. What a divine fragrance--I won't be content until I have a bottle sitting on my dressing table.
I know the feeling! My obsession is Divine L'inspiratrice. And I won't rest till it's on my dressing table either! Wink
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:48; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Wichapi:
My latest obsession was Creed Love In Black, but I cured it. A bottle is on its way. Prior to that it was Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche and Private Collection Un Crime Exotique Parfumerie Generale.

Currently I'd love Bond No.9 New Orleans, as well as Julitette Has a Gun Not a Perfume.
Wow!! You must have a very large dressing table! ShockedVery HappyLaughing (just kidding Dear) I knew you were lusting after Love in Black...glad to hear it's on it's way! Wink
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Yves Rocher Voile de Ambre. Had to have it AND. A backup bottle within a week of sampling.. Also, Boucheron Trouble troubled me until I got a big bottle.
You really love Voile de Ambre....It is an amazing frag., especially for the price!
11 years ago
I went berserk a few months back and bought about 20 bottles. That cured the itch for a time, thankfully. Embarassed
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I went berserk a few months back and bought about 20 bottles. That cured the itch for a time, thankfully. Embarassed
Shocked 20?? Wish I had done that with my favorites from the 70's!
11 years ago
I think I am going to die unless I get a bottle of Guerlain Gourmand Coquin. I tried a sample about one week ago and have been obsessed ever since. I... MUST.. HAVE... IT!!!!!
Yeah ... right ... must have it 11 years ago
I know that feeling. When Tauer Perfumes brought out "Lys du desert" by Decennial, I had no peace until I ordered it from LuckyScent. This was blind - complete folly - but, by the notes, it seemed just the right thing. Just the right thing is was not, but not a total disappointment, it is a unique scent and satisfying in quality and wearability.

Now, my life will not be the same until I have that soft and creamy "Safanad" by Parfums de Marly. I went crazy and ordered it from AusLiebezumDuft (or First in Perfume), a German store. The U.S. does not have it yet, although rumors are circling around. I will send a sample to my friends, just PM me, it is sooo good, must share.
11 years ago
Not necessarily have, but there are some many fragrances I am curious to try or obtain samples, especially niche: Byredo Pulp, Agonist Vanilla Marble, Rouge Bunny Rouge perfumes, and the Kerosene line.

I placed all my samples in a large vase, and they reach to the top. I need to use some up or let someone else have a go at these.
Current Obsession 11 years ago
TRAYEE by Neela Vermeire
11 years ago
I'm head over heels for 1889 Moulin Rouge of the Histoires de Parfums line ever since I first tried it several months ago. First I wanted a travel size but then I realized it's a measly 14 ml, so decided to wait until I can reap the fruit of my current big translation job and then I'm totally shelling out for a full bottle.
Meanwhile I've been also been dropping subtle hints to the extended family, that surprising me with a bottle of SL Daim Blond wouldn't be an entirely bad idea.
11 years ago
"Tobacco Vanille"

By the way, why isn't this called Tabac Vanille? Or Tobacco Vanilla? (I ask rhetorically, as I'm sure it's because a French word in the name is a selling point, but many Americans wouldn't understand "tabac." But wouldn't "Tabac Vanille" sound even more impressive?

I've sampled and blind-bought enough already, now I have enough lovable perfumes to literally last me the rest of my days, so my new buying strategy is thus:

Spend 90% of my perfume budget on one fabulous and expensive bottle per year. The other 10% reserved for sample ordering. As I've already purchased my very own bottle of Coromandel this year, Tobacco Vanille will have to wait until next year. In the meantime, I will make frequent visits to the Tom Ford counter in Nordstrom. Laughing
11 years ago
Hayven:
I placed all my samples in a large vase, and they reach to the top. I need to use some up or let someone else have a go at these.

I love to give away my samples to friends and family. I am often exposing them to scents they would never have tried in a million years, and that's a lot of fun for both of us!
11 years ago
Cryptic:

That's basically my modus operandi. Hold out for a while and then go crazy.

Shocked
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I'm ashamed to say I lack self-discipline. I'm too greedy. So I go on binges. Embarassed

Carpe Diem!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Laughing ^

11 years ago
I just hunted down JHAG Vengeance Extreme, I'm so ashamed. I didn't get lucky on my vintage hunt this weekend so I can blame it on depression. I needed to get back at those antique shops who had nothing NOTHINGin their stores for me this weekend.
Sooooo, out of revenge, I decided to forget about vintage and seek our niche. That'll learn 'em.

Just about every night before bed, I test two samples, one on the left and one on the right. I write a brief summary describing the fragrance and decide if I need to keep it until I get a bottle or pass it on.

I have a little assembly line set up, maybe 5 or 6 boxes. As I test samples, I toss the white florals here, the chypres there, the fruity florals somewhere else, the orientals in yet another box etc. when I get enough samples in any given box, I forward them to someone I know loves that particular class of fragrance. The ones I don't like are forwarded to either one of two members I know have no fear!
11 years ago
Le Labo Musc 25 has just about given me a nervous breakdown! I've gone through4 samples, but I just can't justify the ridiculous price of a full bottle...outrageous and too exclusive! Yet it won't let me sleep at night and I am buying all sorts of other substitute fragrances that are not cutting it, and by now probably almost total the amount of a full bottle of Musc 25...it is very vexing, indeed. It's a loosing battle I know, I should just admit defeat now and sign my contract with the devil...
Notify about new comments
1 - 25 by 59
Jump to