Search Forum

I have been.......

2126 - 2150 by 2160
10 years ago
Great news for Fran, please give us feedback when it arrives.

I have been wanting to share my good news also. I am getting a toy poodle next week. I have had cats all my life, they are now gone to kitty heaven, so I am going to have my first dog. I hope I can be a good puppy mom.

I have been shopping and have 5 new puppy collars, lease, bed, pee pee pads and of course oodles of toys. Squeak....Squeak ones too. Rolling Eyes

Cryptic, I will probably be asking for advice. Idea
10 years ago
Awwww, congratulations for you M! That's wonderful news! You'll have your work cut out for you when the little one comes home.... Wink I have both cats and dogs and it's a house full. Pets are wonderful, aren't they? They are our families, that's for sure!
10 years ago
How lovely, Cincy. I am happy for you. Very Happy
And you will be in good company. Wink
10 years ago
Ah ha! I am gonna do that look, and get a pink or black polka dot shoulder bag to carry the puppy in, holding a gin & tonic.

I named her Dani as in daneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for where I live on Daniel Island.
Sorceress, I will probably be a pest to you as well. Everyone will have my pm's blocked.
Laughing
10 years ago
10 years ago
Cincy:
Great news for Fran, please give us feedback when it arrives.
:

Parcel probably arrives Monday.
10 years ago
Good to hear.
10 years ago
Arrived today already.
I love a fast transaction Wink
We'll see what comes to my mind.
10 years ago
Shocked

Fantastic, and all done up with a bow. Enjoy your win.
10 years ago
I have been helped with the installation of a new computer. Good riddance of that old engin, we opened it and destroyed the motherboard and discarded the metal box.

The new (refurbished from 2010) computer arrived, was connected without trouble, but before I had the full use of it, l52 updates were automatically installed and that took a couple of hours.

I transferred nothing from the old one, as not to take a virus to a new machine. (Like leaving the country, burning the bridges, with only a backpack.)
10 years ago
I have been dog sitting for the past few days. Same place where I baby sit my little grandson.

Was stupid enough to let the laptop battery go down. You know, "technologically challenged" ...

Back up and in shape.

Where IS everybody?
10 years ago
I post more on Fragrantica nowadays. I like the gourmand gang section a lot so I hang around in there.

I have been busy with work and watching what I eat. I have lost 15 pounds since I started doing so. My mom was right; I DID get fat. I had blinders on for a long time, but now I'm set to make things right again.

Pipette, I let that happen a lot with my tablet. We are all guilty of letting the battery drain to the last drop of energy. Laughing
The storm of the century? 9 years ago
I have been

watching the weather report updates. So far just a few flakes but tomorrow there is a huge blizzard coming. People may be sent home early today from their places of work and may not have to come in. Neither do I have to go babysitting. Food has been bought and stored.

The actual work load will be on the snow trucks and the busses, trains to keep the city running. Lots of preparations and "emergency plans".

The rest of us can watch the whole thing from the TV. And, as long there is an internet connection, we will be snug.

And that the electric power does not go out. That would be bad ! A cold freezing house ... well nothing to look forward to.

I am always impressed by the people who work in bitter cold weather, in the cold states of the U.S.A.
9 years ago
I have been listening to the reports on this terrible weather.

Hope you have plenty of wool blankets handy, unless you are allergic to wool. Yikes!

Stay warm Pipette and keep us posted.

I have been trying to bake a pound cake, yes it weighs a couple of pounds. Ugh.
Upcoming trip 9 years ago
I have been not reading this topic for a while ...

Now that it has been revived, let me tell you. Constantly babysitting my darling grandson for the last year and a half, kept me busy physically and mentally. We are such buddies. Photos in abundance inside my profile.

The parents appreciate that I am helping out and gave me a trip ticket to the Mediterranean island Majorca for this September. Wow. So I am busy organizing and "packing" and ... and ... you know how that is.
7 years ago
I have been thinking what to post on this thread for an hour! lol Razz
7 years ago
doing some research for the source of the texts produced by this couple of bored? people who lately registered and seem to have fun copying, editing and patching other people's reviews to post them as their own here.
I am sure they are now having a good laugh at the whole show.
Since their comments and statements could be traced back to the originals on another website, I sincerely hope parfumo will not wait long to take care removing these products of plagiarism from the pages, in order to maintain a certain integrity and quality of this site, compared to somewhere else where such is tolerated for the sake of quantity.
6 years ago
I have been putting a puzzle together for the last week. It is a winter scene, with snow, trees, horses and a general store. So therefore white, blue, and browns. Boringggggggggg and hard. And with the weather we are having I much rather be working on a beach scene with the ocean, sunbathers amid beautiful colored umbrellas. "Sigh"
6 years ago
I have been putting a puzzle together for the last week. It is a winter scene, with snow, trees, horses and a general store. So therefore white, blue, and browns. Boringggggggggg and hard. And with the weather we are having I much rather be working on a beach scene with the ocean, sunbathers amid beautiful colored umbrellas. "Sigh:9b44307fed]
It's been years I had done any jigsaw puzzles, Cincy, and it's funny because I was just thinking about one before I read your post Smile I love doing Sudoku ("Number Place"), though, and the picture version as well.
I do have something similar, despite it being far from any challenge - a very simple counted x-stitch motif I've been trying to finish for years now, a shop with brightly lit windows in a snowy town corner. It's not really large and got more colours than your puzzle for sure, but still, I don't get far with the brown nuances for the building part.
As for the thread topic, the things I'm occupied with mostly aren't really exciting to be mentioned. Next would be writing some mails.
6 years ago
I love Jigsaw puzzles Anessa. They seem to keep the stress level down, at least they did until I tackled this one. I have one on the table at least once a month.

We need to get in touch with the company and suggest perfume bottles Wink

I have several of the X-stitch alphabets, made by my dear sister-in-law.
6 years ago
I can imagine the jigsaw puzzle having that effect, Cincy (except for the current one).
It used to be the same for me with the Sudoku or a bit of handcrafting (only beginner things, but I used to love listening to audio books while stitching etc.). Especially just handling with threads in pretty colours was soothing. A Sudoku was useful when one has to wait hours somewhere.

As for the pattern, yes, that would be a great idea with perfume bottles! Or even the beautiful ads from the last centuries. I could imagine a puzzle company that launches a series like "The World's Historical Perfumes" or "Perfume Posters" would find quite a few fans here on Parfumo. For the chemistry-inclined ones, maybe nicely arranged formulae for a few chosen perfumes or flowers.
The beautiful pictures by the members here would be great motifs for puzzles, I'm sure Smile

I used to purchase a few handcraft kits from abroad, also from the USA, the companies there have such lovely patterns and ideas, just a pleasure to look at.
6 years ago
I have been
grooming my African Violets that have been resting for two months. Put some in bigger pots with new soil others in the same pots with new soil. They are blooming so beautiful. Strange thing while they were resting they had no fertilizer.
6 years ago
Wow! Please take some perfume photos with them, C. Idea
6 years ago
Cryptic, how are the orchids doing?
6 years ago
Blooming nicely. Thanks for asking. Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
2126 - 2150 by 2160
Jump to