Search Forum

Good movies you have recently watched

1 - 25 by 131
Good movies you have recently watched 12 years ago
We just got done watching WARRIOR with Nick Nolte. Terrific flick and highly recommend if you are an MMA fan.
12 years ago
I'm in the midst of a film noir festival. Some of them are really bad; others are very good. But even the bad ones are in beautiful silver-tinged black and white!

Most recently, I liked:

Murder by Contract (1958)
The Big Heat (1953)
Pushover (1954)
12 years ago
Yesterday I saw a german comedy "RubbeldieKatz", which is not earth-shaking but very cute.
Recently I saw Almodóvar's "The skin I live in", which I enjoyed very much Wink
12 years ago
MNQ:
I recently watched The Artist and actually enjoyed more than i thought i would. Usually im a sucker for World Cinema, Woody Allen movies and indie films.

Sherapop - have you seen Spellbound (1945)? fantasticly dark Hitchcock film with dream sequences by Salvador Dali - Fantastic!!!

Yes, as you might imagine, I am a Hitchcock fanatic! Twisted Evil
12 years ago
I live with a movie fanatic, so I watch so many movies that I can't remember all the titles- that's too bad Sad From now on I will try to keep the good ones in mind and tell you about them.
But btw, technichal progress towards high digital is great, but 3d is causing me nausea. So do not invest any money in 3d movies and equippment, because that is hard stuff and I imagine not anybody can handle that and might feel dizzy and nauseous like me.
So far my favorite directors are:
Clint Eastwood
Pedro Almodovar
The Cohen Brothers
Woody Allen
and many more
Good Movie Have you watched 12 years ago
I saw a danish Flick by Lars Von trier Called Europa
Also Flame and Citron also from Denmark
12 years ago
MNQ:
Have you seen the Artist yet? Woul.d love to know what you thought? Have you got any recommendations for me?

I have not seen The Artist. Is it new? I rarely go to the cinema to see new releases, since 98% of them are junk...

Fortunately, everything reverts to DVD in a matter of weeks these days...

As for recommendations, I have plenty. Try Dziga Vertov's The Man with a Movie Camera, for starters! (-;
12 years ago
Eternity:

But btw, technichal progress towards high digital is great, but 3d is causing me nausea. So do not invest any money in 3d movies and equippment, because that is hard stuff and I imagine not anybody can handle that and might feel dizzy and nauseous like me.

This is really interesting--I've not heard of others who suffer from this problem. My HDTV is not 3-D, so I don't know whether I'd be like you or not!
Laughing
12 years ago
Sherapop:
I'm in the midst of a film noir festival. Some of them are really bad; others are very good. But even the bad ones are in beautiful silver-tinged black and white!

Most recently, I liked:

Murder by Contract (1958)
The Big Heat (1953)
Pushover (1954)

A couple more film noir recommendations:

Decoy (1946)
Where Danger Lives (1950)
12 years ago
Oh my God, has anyone watched the Tree of life with Brad Pitt- that is horrible. After 10 minutes I pushd fast forward, but it didn't get any better- what is this all about?!
12 years ago
Eternity:
Oh my God, has anyone watched the Tree of life with Brad Pitt- that is horrible. After 10 minutes I pushd fast forward, but it didn't get any better- what is this all about?!

sounds like a must-miss!
Laughing
12 years ago
Blitz: A tough cop is dispatched to take down a serial killer who has been targeting police officers.(Jason Statham)
akas.imdb.com/title/tt1297919/
Die Fälscher (aka The Counterfeiters): The Counterfeiters is the true story of the largest counterfeiting operation in history.
akas.imdb.com/title/tt0813547/
The Stoning of Soraya M.: A drama set in 1986 Iran.. When a deadly conspiracy became a shameful cover-up One witness refused to be silent.
akas.imdb.com/title/tt1277737/
12 years ago
Last night I watched

Luis Buñuel's Viridiana

I had seen it before, but it's been a while. Now I'm considering a Buñuel film revival.
Laughing
12 years ago
ZeZe:
Die Fälscher (aka The Counterfeiters): The Counterfeiters is the true story of the largest counterfeiting operation in history.
akas.imdb.com/title/tt0813547/

I saw this recently and found it quite good.
Cool
12 years ago
OMG I Also seen the Conterfeiters but there's was something missing
in that movie to grab me
12 years ago
Last night we watched

The King's Speech

I liked it!

Cool
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Last night we watched

The King's Speech

I liked it!

Cool

Colin Firth is Sexy!
12 years ago
'Love actually' with Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman .......
I Love this film and acteurs.
12 years ago
Last week I watched "offroad", a german road movie. I liked it a lot + the male protagonist is really hot!

offroad-derfilm.de/
12 years ago
Last Night I saw Nirgendwo in Afrika (Nowhere In Africa)
It's a German Film About Jewish Refugees In Kenya

And The Kings Speech
12 years ago
I recently watched Memento, directed by Christopher Nolan.

I guess that I'm about a decade late to weigh in on that one, but I'd say that while the concept is interesting, the film was not great.

Wink
12 years ago
Last Night I saw

The Damned (1969)

The power and fortune of the Von Essenbeck family remained intact even when Germany lost the great war and during the depression that followed. Now it's 1934 and the baron has summoned his family to a dinner that also brings a cousin rising in the Nazi party to the great house accompanied by a rising manager at the baron's company. Two little girls recite poetry in the parlor and then play hide-and-seek with their cousin Martin. Suddenly there is a scream. The baron has been shot with their father's gun and the father flees the country.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Good movies you have recently watched
1 - 25 by 131
Jump to