Search Forum

Good movies you have recently watched

76 - 100 by 131
11 years ago
I received a coupon book from a big cinema chain, that was the only reason to go.

Hayven:
I too watched a Tom Cruise movie, Oblivion. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

I also saw that and must admit that I liked it much more than I thought, perhaps it was the best of all the ones I saw.
WWZ is only for hardcore Brad Pitt fans - otherwise avoid.
Snowpiercer - I can not make up my mind, I liked Tilda Swinton. The film get's a bonus point for showing all the snow and ice though (it is always over 30 C here).

Where I used to live, the Cinémathèque would always show films by Andrei Tarkovsy in August - I miss that.
11 years ago
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2265398/

Drinking Buddies...This was very quirky and funny.
10 years ago
I've been on a music documentary kick - the latest two were Bela Fleck's Throw Down Your Heart - really wonderful music as he moved around Africa playing in different areas of the country. The other one was Disraeli Gears - all about Cream and it's beginning and influences in their music. Both highly recommended.
10 years ago
Bela Fleck! I need to check that out. Idea
10 years ago
This BBC doc on Georg Solti was super. They included a section where he gets trashed at length by a percussionist from the London Philharmonic, so it's not just a lovefest. Very cool if you enjoy classical music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-ClNBcZF0
10 years ago
Two good films, both made recently:
L'homme qui voulait vivre sa vie (The big picture) by Eric Lartigau, it's a French film after an US novel, how often is that? Very beautifully filmed, great landscape scenes and a story of a man who has to change his life.

The other film is Im Alter von Ellen (At Ellen's Age) by Pia Marais, 2010. This time a woman is changing her life after drifting.

There are some similarities: both protagonists find out that their partners cheated on them - and life unravels.
10 years ago
"The skin I live in" Pedro Almodovar.
10 years ago
A pretty interesting series True Detective.
Mainly Nordic Noir i.e Wallander, Beck, Those Who Kill and my husband's favorite, Borgen.
10 years ago
I just watched "Gravity" with Sandra Bullock. She was great as usual and I'd recommend the film.

Also just watched "American Hustle". Loved the ending. Laughed through a lot of it.
10 years ago
A friend told me about this online free movie site. It's called yify.tv. You can watch movies directly on your computer, stream them to your tv if you have the wires. You don't have to download anything. The site has current releases, plus old and in-between. Easy to navigate bit-torrent site. With the cost of a DVD, or going to the theater nowadays, this is right up my alley. "free"......lol
10 years ago
Laughed all through The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy where they play an FBI agent and a Boston detective. Melissa McCarthy is hilarious!
10 years ago
Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel today in a packed theater -- a frolic so well done the audience applauded. Hands down to be nominated for awards.

p.s. And the hero is a perfumisto who uses a fictional signature scent made real to promote the movie: L'air de Panache
10 years ago
I've been reading about that movie, ScentFan, and you just convinced me to go see it. Idea
10 years ago
Enjoy, Cryptic. I might see it again myself.
10 years ago
Gravity.
Beck all the seasons of this Sweedish thriller.
3 years ago

Just watched Tenet for the third time. Awesome movie that makes more sense everytime you watch it again.

2 years ago

Re-watching the Hunger Games movies for the upteenth time, yesterday I finished my re-watch of Catching Fire.

Has been a while 2 years ago

I don't watch a lot of movies. Most movies are so boring to me, but I do like horror movies. So I watched "The Nun" for the 5th time. 

2 years ago

Watched Parasite for the 2nd time, it is outstanding !

2 years ago

Seen Midsommar (Ari Aster) for the second time. Complicated film, talented work. too heavy for some; but Ari Aster himself has said, his film is not to be understood literally.

1 year ago

Everything everywhere all at once 10/10!!!

1 year ago

1917 it was a war movie luckily the direction and colourtheory was worth stick around for.

1 year ago
Upperfem44

Everything everywhere all at once 10/10!!!

I loved it too!

Last one I watched at a theater was Triangle of Sadness. I do recommend it if you like social satire and don't mind some crude scenes and dark humour! 😬

1 year ago

The green knight.

It was an in-flight film. I must Watch it a second time bc I Still don’t get the plot.

76 - 100 by 131
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Good movies you have recently watched
Jump to