Search Forum

Good movies you have recently watched

101 - 125 by 131
1 year ago

I've watched The Banshees of Inisherin last week. It's currently in theaters here in Germany. The story takes place on an Irish island in the 1920's with just a handful of characters. The landscapes are beautiful and the slow rythm allows to sense the sluggish passing of time on the island... Which seems to be driving some of its inhabitants partially mad.

There are a few trash scenes -- one should not be afraid of seeing a little bit of blood -- but it's anything but an horror movie. I highly recommend it!

THE LAST OF US 1 year ago 1

very good series, a must for gamers, as I also play it on a computer or PS4-PS5 Smile

1 year ago
Melipone

I've watched The Banshees of Inisherin last week. It's currently in theaters here in Germany. The story takes place on an Irish island in the 1920's with just a handful of characters. The landscapes are beautiful and the slow rythm allows to sense the sluggish passing of time on the island... Which seems to be driving some of its inhabitants partially mad.

There are a few trash scenes -- one should not be afraid of seeing a little bit of blood -- but it's anything but an horror movie. I highly recommend it!

I liked it too! watch it in OV and I had difficulties to understand. Great scenery! Didn't think of it before, you´re right the island plays a big role in the trama.

I would say it's the story of the crazy (un-)friendship between two grown men on the background of a community where young women have emigrated away and there´s no one else to order around. Loved the character of the sister who is tired of their pettiness "you're ALL BORING!" 😂 

11 months ago

The most recent movie I would say worth watching would have been The Menu

Just found a film on Netflix called The Perfumier so let’s see if it’s any good 😊 

9 months ago

Not seen a good horror movie in a while, so on a whim I watched X. And it's been a long time since a movie had me rooting for the final girl and bonus overacting for some tame raunchy scenes that made me laugh.

9 months ago

I very rarely watch films nowadays, too busy most of the time. Last one was Duel about three weeks ago and before that I went through quite a long Film Noir phase.

6 months ago 1

I am rewatching the Godfather movies. Amazing performances!

6 months ago

Doing the full John Wick run right now.

Started last night with Parts 1 & 2 and finishing tonight with 3 & 4

6 months ago 1

I have watched the 1st movie i definitely want to see the following sequels @Mitchcraft . At the moment i started a series called "PainKiller" at Netflix platform. It is based on true stories based on patientces narrated through their relatives and the marketing strategies pharmaceutical compnanies used to put on the market the Oxy - Codin medicine. The side effects it had on the patiences' lives who took it were lethal.. Realistic content. I recommend it. 

6 months ago
Nidodelia

I have watched the 1st movie i definitely want to see the following sequels @Mitchcraft . At the moment i started a series called "PainKiller" at Netflix platform. It is based on true stories based on patientces narrated through their relatives and the marketing strategies pharmaceutical compnanies used to put on the market the Oxy - Codin medicine. The side effects it had on the patiences' lives who took it were lethal.. Realistic content. I recommend it. 

@Nidodelia 

I started Pain killer but there is a show called Dope Sick I had already watched that was about the same story and was one of the few good things on Disney + before I got rid of it that I watched. 

I finished the last 2 John Wick movies last night and I must say I enjoyed them all. If like myself you enjoy watching movies in 4K HDR or Dolby Vision, the 4th movie has amazing colour grading In Dolby Vision. It was beautiful to watch. I do enjoy a good visual and audio quality movie with a good story. I would say if you like stuff like Kill Bill or Nobody with Bob Odenkirk you will enjoy the rest of the Wick films. 

John Wick 4 is free on Amazon but people are having trouble getting it to play in 4K HDR so I ended up watching but paying for it on Apple TV but they always have movies in their highest bit rate and if available in 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos then that’s what they make available for the viewer. I was glad I ended up watching it there. One of the best Dolby Vision movies I have seen in a while. 

I may give Pain Killer a go again though, thanks. 

6 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
Nidodelia

@Nidodelia 

I started Pain killer but there is a show called Dope Sick I had already watched that was about the same story and was one of the few good things on Disney + before I got rid of it that I watched. 

I finished the last 2 John Wick movies last night and I must say I enjoyed them all. If like myself you enjoy watching movies in 4K HDR or Dolby Vision, the 4th movie has amazing colour grading In Dolby Vision. It was beautiful to watch. I do enjoy a good visual and audio quality movie with a good story. I would say if you like stuff like Kill Bill or Nobody with Bob Odenkirk you will enjoy the rest of the Wick films. 

John Wick 4 is free on Amazon but people are having trouble getting it to play in 4K HDR so I ended up watching but paying for it on Apple TV but they always have movies in their highest bit rate and if available in 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos then that’s what they make available for the viewer. I was glad I ended up watching it there. One of the best Dolby Vision movies I have seen in a while. 

I may give Pain Killer a go again though, thanks. 

Dear @Mitchcraft thank you for your answer. I am not familiar with the show you reffered to, i am watching the series "Pain Killer" now i haven't finished it yet but it but as far i see it has strong plot and realistic directory atmosphere. Why not check it ?. I have seen Kill Bill and i enjoyed it. I haven't heard before the movie you proposed but i will seek it though. I am about to see John Wick series n.3 & 4 at some time in the near future may be.. 

Thank you and have a nice week!. 

🙂👌🏻

5 months ago

I watched The Killer on Netflix the other night with Michael Fassbender.

I think it is worth a watch. It is by David Fincher. He has done better movies like Zodiac and Se7en, but this was still decent.

5 months ago

I watched Leave The World Behind (IMDB LINK)  which I really enjoyed. 

I also watched Focus (IMDB LINK)

Both of which are on Netflix. 

4 months ago 1

Last night I watched Underwater 2022 with Kristin Stewart. It’s an alright movie that I think draws inspiration from ALIEN in certain scenes but is set “Underwater “ it’s almost like they knew people would describe it as Alien “Underwater”. 

4 months ago
Mitchcraft

Last night I watched Underwater 2022 with Kristin Stewart. It’s an alright movie that I think draws inspiration from ALIEN in certain scenes but is set “Underwater “ it’s almost like they knew people would describe it as Alien “Underwater”. 

IMO Underwater is an absolutely brilliant movie! And I'm a huge fan of Kristen Stewart. Underwater is one of the greatest modern Lovecraftian interpretations. In some visuals there are definitely Alien vibes involved too but the director Eubank said in an interview that he was inspired by creating real Cthulhu based on the original short story Call of Cthulhu from 1928. Well, after all, Cthulhu is an alien too of course.

4 months ago 1

Oh, and what *I* recently watched... Well all 8 Harry Potter movies in a row. @Mitchcraft do you possibly happen to know who is to blame about this here?! 😝

4 months ago 1
Lempi

Oh, and what *I* recently watched... Well all 8 Harry Potter movies in a row. @Mitchcraft do you possibly happen to know who is to blame about this here?! 😝

Hmm? Let’s think?🧐  I’d like to thank all the crew, the actors, the writers and many fans who picked up a controller and pressed play all on their own with absolutely no encouragement from anyone else😂. 

Well done to all those talented people who made @Lempi fall in love with your franchise, which I had nothing to do with, I promise…… 😜

Seriously though I am glad you gave it a chance and ending up enjoying it 😊. 

Now I just need to get my niece to watch it 😂

4 months ago 1
Mitchcraft

Hmm? Let’s think?🧐  I’d like to thank all the crew, the actors, the writers and many fans who picked up a controller and pressed play all on their own with absolutely no encouragement from anyone else😂. 

Well done to all those talented people who made @Lempi fall in love with your franchise, which I had nothing to do with, I promise…… 😜

@Mitchcraft you sound like sooooo guilty man no matter how you're trying to explain it 😉 But hey I promise I'll drop all charges because the crime you obviously committed here lead to such a pleasant outcome after all and I think it's completely okay if you're even trying to repeat this crime in the way you described 😂

4 months ago 1
Lempi
Mitchcraft

@Mitchcraft you sound like sooooo guilty man no matter how you're trying to explain it 😉 But hey I promise I'll drop all charges because the crime you obviously committed here lead to such a pleasant outcome after all and I think it's completely okay if you're even trying to repeat this crime in the way you described 😂

@Lempi Oh I guess I may have had a small tiny part in encouraging you to watch the best magical world in movie history after all 🤣.  

Seriously though I am so glad you enjoyed it. It’s such an amazing experience. Imagine going to the experience where they actually have a real Diagon Ally to buy a wand etc.   that would be so awesome!

4 months ago 1
Mitchcraft

Seriously though I am so glad you enjoyed it. It’s such an amazing experience. Imagine going to the experience where they actually have a real Diagon Ally to buy a wand etc.   that would be so awesome!

Well yes definitely, I would love to @Mitchcraft 🤩🙌 I'm quite sure we're able to find a portal there some day... I'm already 100 % convinced that all ladies bathtooms are actually passages to Chambers of Secrets. A million people are always queuing in but not as many coming out or if they happen to come out it will take a looooong time 😝

4 months ago 1
Lempi
Mitchcraft

Well yes definitely, I would love to @Mitchcraft 🤩🙌 I'm quite sure we're able to find a portal there some day... I'm already 100 % convinced that all ladies bathtooms are actually passages to Chambers of Secrets. A million people are always queuing in but not as many coming out or if they happen to come out it will take a looooong time 😝

@Lempi ha ha great reference 🙌😁👍.

Last night i started watching an absolute classic See No Evil, Hear No Evil with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. It deserves a much higher rating. I have loved that film since i was a kid but had not watched it in years. Two comedy geniuses. Richard Pryor is brilliant in it. His sheer stubbornness to admit he is blind and the lengths he will go to do so are just hilarious and brings me back to a time of great entertainment when movies could be about making us laugh and not have to be a statement of some sort.

I think i could see myself going down an 80s comedy rabbit hole this Christmas for some light hearted fun and a laugh on the way and with people like John Candy, Richard and the likes of Eddie Murphy being at the top of their game back then i think i am in for a ride.

4 months ago

On Christmas night we watched Forest Gump which was a nice change from the usual movies they play on TV every year. I mean I do enjoy traditional viewing but my mum had never seen the full movie so now she has seen 2 x 3rds of it lol. 

4 months ago 1

I went to see Godzilla Minus One at the cinema last night with my cousin and I didn’t mind the Japanese subtitles at all. It was something good to spend time together over the holidays while he was up visiting from Edinburgh and the rest of the family were out at the pantomime. Then we went for a few beers after, good conversation and some nice food. 

I loved the moments when Godzilla was on screen with his theme tune 🎵. It had a nice side story too. I think I would give it a 7.5 out of ten. 
😊

4 months ago 1

Watched In the Tall Grass today and it was fantastic! Joe Hill was one of my favourite writers during my university years but I wasn't familiar with the novella in which this movie was based on. Nevertheless I think the director did such a great job (I enjoyed his work with Cube movies too), he transfered Joe Hill's writing style on screen absolutely perfectly, and I loved also all the Lovecraft vibes/references. This movie isn't easy to watch though, you must constantly use your brain to get all the symbolics to fully understand it. For a regular "entertainment horror movie" type of viewer this one might feel like boring or weird. But for a scifi/horror geek like me it's definitely a masterpiece.

4 months ago

By the love of God please go watch Gran Tourismo. I haven’t seen anything better in previous 3 years!

So simple yet so effective! masterfully done. It has everything a movie needs. Action, love, tears, friendship, intensity - like you WILL be gripping to your seat.

101 - 125 by 131
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Good movies you have recently watched
Jump to