Search Forum

Life's Proudest Moments. Please Share!

26 - 50 by 60
11 years ago
Right, because you're afraid you might end up not getting him back! I don't blame you. Wink
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Right, because you're afraid you might end up not getting him back! I don't blame you. Wink

So much for getting Myseld adopted...
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Cryptic:

So much for getting Myseld adopted...

You're my adopted sister. Very Happy
11 years ago
Ok so listen. Last night my son came home from his weekend away with my sister. He came into my office but avoided eye contact with me. I noticed and asked him what's wrong, no response.

I got up and went to him and noticed he was Teary eyed. I asked what's the matter? I thought maybe my sister scolded him or something.

He burst into tears and began to blabber something indecipherable. I told him to take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong in a way I could understand. All kinds of crazy thoughts were going through my head!

So he got himself together and told me that I sent him away because I wanted to go over ____________'s house. Lolololololol

OMG! He saw me in normal clothing and mascara and assumed I had been out with a man!

His cousins visit my sister on a regular basis, I let him go this weekend so I could go on my tour in peace. Lol, he is so overbearing! I thought parents were supposed to shelter their children not the other way around!
11 years ago
That sounds like normal separation anxiety to me. Poor Little Dig!
11 years ago
Digindirt:
He burst into tears and began to blabber something indecipherable. . . .
So he got himself together and told me that I sent him away because I wanted to go over ____________'s house. Lolololololol

OMG! He saw me in normal clothing and mascara and assumed I had been out with a man!

And to think that in several short years he'll be blowing you off to go hang out with his friends. Laughing
11 years ago
Dlane1953:

And to think that in several short years he'll be blowing you off to go hang out with his friends. Laughing

So true! Enjoy every moment of his youth while you can, DinD!
Now I think I'm going to cry. Sad
11 years ago
Thanks D, it sounds easier said than done. I can't imagine him running out and leaving me home alone lol.
11 years ago
Separation hurts ... but that is how it goes ... as you both will grow.
11 years ago
Pipette:
Separation hurts ... but that is how it goes ... as you both will grow.

I know when I saw those big crocodile tears it sure hurt my heart. He is growing up but he is still a baby in many ways. I miss him when he's away.
11 years ago
Some of you know that Little Dig and I are in the process of hunting for a new school. He spent three full days at prospect number one this week. He will spend one full day at prospect number two next week.

Prospect number 2 is my first choice, prospect number 1 is HIS first choice.

In effort to impress me with the type of education prospect number 1 had to offer, he came home this week with glowing reports about bills and laws, taxes and petitions, government and justice, gun control and beverage sizes, etc etc.

So last night, in effort to impress me with ALL the things prospect number 1 has to offer, he began talking about Rosa Parks. He told me the whole bus story and about the marches in the 60s and about new laws, equal rights etc.

I asked why was he talking about that, did they discuss that at prospect number one today? He answered yes.

Lol. I told him that that couldn't be true because they only talk about Rosa Parks during the month of February!

He burst into laughter and so did I. It was a bittersweet moment for me, he is trying his best to be able to attend prospect number 1 even though I believe prospect number 2 would be better for him in the long run.

Incidentally, I was thinking to myself today that I am gaining a little of my weight back. Surprisingly two people told me today that I'm losing weight. I think this decision is weighing me down, it's a tough, tough decision. I might be subconsciously overburdened by this decision. Both schools are top of the line, what's the deal breaker?
11 years ago
I would say, let him go to School #1, his choice. He is so enthused about it.

If you force him to go to School #2, he will resent that and not do well.

Either School will educate him well, and after that ... he still has to find a job ... but that is another story, and out of YOUR hands.
11 years ago
That's what I'm leaning towards Pipette, thanks for your input. I dobt want him to be unhappyand miserable so I will likely let him go whete all his friends are and maybe tranfer him for high schoo if needed.
11 years ago
Dig how many students in the classrooms. What is the distance to the schools. Can he walk to the school? Are sports the same at both schools?
11 years ago
His first cboice is far but both schools have sports.yes. both schools are 1 st grade thru 12. Both have 109 studsnts total.
My choice is close to home, all about academics and college.
Both have no more than 6 students per class.
11 years ago
Wow! 6 students per class. Very good. Wishing him a great time and learning. Smile
11 years ago
Finding that I had my name on a commemorative plaque on a high rise we just completed. I work behind the scenes, and not many people besides our vendors and project managers know what I do.
11 years ago
Gmmcnair:
Finding that I had my name on a commemorative plaque on a high rise we just completed. I work behind the scenes, and not many people besides our vendors and project managers know what I do.

How cool is that Mike. You should be proud.
11 years ago
Dig, I hope you will stick to your guns even though Little Dig is pulling out all the stops to change your mind. Please keep us posted.

Congrats, Mike. Very Happy
11 years ago
Thanks...here's the pic.

11 years ago
That is so cool! I wish I had my name on a plaque somewhere.
11 years ago
My son wants an expensive gift but is worried that if I buy it we, "Will be broke." He is trying to think of a way Santa can bring it this summer instead of Christmas so I won't have to spend the money. How considerate is that?!
I told him its not his job to worry about how broke we are lol. That little Martian of mine has a little head on his shoulders.
11 years ago
Gmmcnair:

Wow, Very Impressive!
26 - 50 by 60
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Life's Proudest Moments. Please Share!
Jump to