Search Forum

Which is your favorite way of eating ?

26 - 26 by 26
Fish instead of meat 11 years ago
Lately, I have added Fish - twice a week - to that diet which is based on a lot of vegetables. First of all, it seems that the protein intake of fish keeps me unhungry longer than a protein intake of a piece of meat. The trouble is, where to get fish ... There is tuna in cans, which is alright flaked over a salad. Sardines from a can are easy, too, all you have to do is put them into a wholegrain bread sandwich, with tomatoes, onion slices ... hmmm

Downstairs we have a Chinese Supermarket. And now, I have no excuse. They get fresh fish every day. You cannot imagine the dead and live fish that are displayed there. The live sea creatures are still crawling in buckets or tanks. Eeek ... not for me. But, they have salmon steaks already cut up and those have very few bones. So, salmon steak I get. My son is also happy not to have to pick out the tiny bones.

Quickie meal: Into a disposable aluminum pan put the salmon steak. Top off with onion slices, salt, pepper, dry basil flakes and a touch of olive oil. Surround with cut up pieces of fresh yams.
Bake at 400 Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. During that time, turn over the yam pieces so that they be soaked in the liquids which have accumulated. Serve with rice and a crisp green mixed salad, topped with Feta cheese crumbles.

Yum !
26 - 26 by 26
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Which is your favorite way of eating ?
Jump to