Search Forum

I have been.......

901 - 925 by 2160
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Darlin' Digindirt, my new reviews are now found at an ancillary blog to the salon de parfum, where I am archiving every review which I ever wrote anywhere, including here.

It's searchable by house, so hopefully it will be easy to see whether your coveted perfume has been reviewed by me. Unfortunately, the archive is only about 50% complete, but I'll finish hopefully in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, for the fresh off my fingertip reviews, here's the url:

http://sherapop.blogspot.com/

I invite you to comment on my reviews over yonder!
Smile

Whooh hooh! I'm looking forward to reading these.
11 years ago
I've been bedridden for a couple days, sick with a terrible onslaughht of cold. I've been wearing no perfume, of course. Mad Isn't it sick to be sick in such a sickening heatwave? I've been praying for some rain!

Diggy, I'm thinking of you and your kid all the time, praying that he gets well soon.
Tell your friends ... 11 years ago
11 years ago
Get well, Chapeau!

I have been enjoying the heck out of my precious weekend. They are just too short.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Get well, Chapeau!

I have been enjoying the heck out of my precious weekend. They are just too short.

Agreed. Too short, too fast. Sad
I have been...bandaging up my arm. I opened my bathroom cabinet and accidentally sliced my arm with the edge of the mirror. I didn't feel anything, and it didn't bleed right away. I think it's because the mirror acted as a knife, it was a "clean slice". It's 1/4 of an inch deep, about 2 inches long. I showed it to my boyfriend and he freaked out. Then it spontaneously gushed blood. It didn't hurt at all; but he panicked, made me put my arm under running water, and poured lots of rubbing alcohol and put lots of bandages on. I appreciate what he did, but I think I'm the better nurse. Wink

(edited because of some bad English--yeesh!)
Last edited by Hayven on 03.06.2013, 01:32; edited 3 times in total
11 years ago
He poured alcohol on it? Did you shriek? OMG. Shocked
11 years ago
Cryptic:

I was actually OK! I didn't feel a thing. Very Happy
11 years ago
Well, do not blame him that has seen too many action movies lately Very Happy
The water and alcohol are not recommended when you need to quickly to stop the bleeding but sometimes at home similar approach is appropriate - when in the wound is likely to have remained a pollutant or particles, it is better for a short time to let it bleed to throw them out; water and alcohol contributed to this, and washed away. Believe me, I have my own extensive experience with this and self-treatment.
Of course - then is obligatory treatment with iodine or Rivanol (if in your country at all that kind is available) Ethacridine lactate is its active ingredient, may be is sold at you as Acrinol.
Info, just good to know (if you already dont) it is very, very useful in many cases of various injuries
11 years ago
I have been hoping that Chapeau and Hayven are doing much better.

I have been thinking that Diane needs a bigger bag for her trip to Canada.

I have been relieved that my son is feeling much better.

I have been browsing vintages today. I only came home with 3 new fragrances. Yes ONLY!
11 years ago
Hayven:
Cryptic:

I was actually OK! I didn't feel a thing. Very Happy

I have been smiling that YOU are the nurse ... but cannot bandage your own arm without help.

Take care.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been relieved that my son is feeling much better.

This is by far the best news. Good to hear.
11 years ago
I have been unpacking damp/wet items from my luggage that was left out in the rain for unknown amount of time during our cancelled flight back from NOLA. What a nightmare. Our departure time was 4:30 to Atlanta then on to Charleston SC. We arrived in Charleston 1:00 am.

Now the good news I have been wanting to visit Bourbon Perfums and we did. I was told August Doussan began creating perfumes and the perfumery has been in business for 164 years. I bought 6 perfumes. One is Kus Kus, I was told that this is their best seller. They make the perfumes in the back room of the store. I took a few pictures and will let you visit the store with me when I download them.
Last edited by Cincy on 03.06.2013, 16:11; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
I have been worried about The Emperor. He was not eating or drinking for about a day, and today he got sick (threw-up) three times. Could he have worms? I hope that this is just the aftermath of our heatwave and not something more serious than that...

Crying or Very sad
Bourbon French Parfums 11 years ago
I have been looking at their website lately.

www.neworleansperfume.com/
11 years ago
Looking forward to the photos, Cincy, and it's great to have you back. Smile

Shera, I would be concerned that Oliver wasn't drinking and take him in to be seen. Please keep us posted.
11 years ago
Cryptic:

Shera, I would be concerned that Oliver wasn't drinking and take him in to be seen. Please keep us posted.

Good news: after resting for a bit to recover from the morning trauma, The Emperor drank a bunch of water, ate a hearty lunch, and "stuff happened" as it is supposed to.

Now he's taking his afternoon nap. I'll continue to monitor him closely, but I now believe that it must have been the heat that discombobulated his system. He is finally hydrating properly, so hopefully he'll be fine... Our forecast is ten days of moderate weather. Phew!

Smile
11 years ago
Me thinks HRH Oliver needs a big kissy poo from us cat lovers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxx xoooooooooooxxxxxxxxx
11 years ago
www.parfumo.com/Users/Cincy/Photo_Album

Lets go visit New Orleans, come on I know you want to see Bourbon parfums.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Cryptic:

Good news: after resting for a bit to recover from the morning trauma, The Emperor drank a bunch of water, ate a hearty lunch, and "stuff happened" as it is supposed to.

Now he's taking his afternoon nap. I'll continue to monitor him closely, but I now believe that it must have been the heat that discombobulated his system. He is finally hydrating properly, so hopefully he'll be fine... Our forecast is ten days of moderate weather. Phew!

Smile

Wonderful news! Very Happy
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Sherapop:
Cryptic:

Smile

Wonderful news! Very Happy

Agreed. Glad to hear it! Smile

I have been indulging another addiction of mine....soaping. I bought some wonderful smelling new fragrance oils, and have been trying them out in liquid and bar soap.

edited b/c I added my text mid quote.
901 - 925 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to