Search Forum

Need help identifying perfume based on notes.

Need help identifying perfume based on notes. 7 months ago

Hello Everyone,

For the past few years, I have been chasing a certain scent that I couldn't really pinpoint. Recently, I purchased a bar of soap that smells almost exactly like the scent I have been looking for. Unfortunately, I haven't found any scents that match this soap, so I am turning here for your guys' help. The specific soap I purchased was Wavertree & London Havana scented soap bar.

Here is the specific profile listed on the back of the wrapper: "Fragrances of rich, dark Tobacco Leaf with lightly infused rare spices, black Cocoa, and woody Sandalwood with a hint of Coffee and Vanilla."

Thank you in advance for the help!

7 months ago

Perhaps you could mix something like Habano Vanilla, Vanilla & Tobacco Infusion, Tobacco Touch Maison Alhambra, or Tobacco Leaf Just Jack with something else that has coffee, etc. Here some more: Tabac Gourmand Patrice Martin has everything except for coffee; Sweet Tabacum, When in Havana, and Honey Havane from The Dua Brand.

7 months ago

Are you chasing an existing scent that you forget/never knew the name of and smelled in person, or do you mean that you're looking for a scent that meets your requirements? If it's just the latter, you can do a search on Parfumo for the notes. I think a lot of tobacco perfumes usually have notes of vanilla in them anyway, so you might be able to find a nice layering combination with a tobacco/vanilla scent, a sandalwood, and a cocoa/coffee scent.

7 months ago

If you're looking for an existing fragrance you can still do a search and just limit the years to when you smelled it- like if you know you smelled it in 1998 don't include anything that was released after 1999. I'd also suggest going to a larger forum like reddit and making a post there with any extra info you can remember (shape of bottle, where you smelled it, the demographic of who was wearing it etc...).

6 months ago

You can use the Parfumo search function like so to experiment with different combinations of notes and see if you recognize any of the perfumes.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre Need help identifying perfume based on notes.
Jump to