Search Forum

The Loriot Show

The Loriot Show 11 years ago
I don't remember how it came up, but on the German twin site one of the topics mentioned the Loriot Show (and there are many episodes) and then a whole new thread about Loriot episodes was started.
This reminds me a bit of the Seinfeld shows.

Take a look at this: "The picture hangs crooked"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3E0iXRY7o

and this:

He: "Hildegard ... let me tell you about my feelings"
She: "You have something on your mouth ..."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7ZVC2r9uo
11 years ago
I am afraid Loriot is not known at all beyond Germany´s, Austria´s and Switzerland´s borders Crying or Very sad

He was a brilliant comedian with a very refined sense of humour. He often made fun of people´s hobbies or strange habits or totally absurd situations.

His most famous piece is called "The two men in the bathtub".
One enters the bathroom only to find that another gentleman (both are middle-aged and very successful businessmen) already occupies the tub. He gets into the tub to join the other man.
They begin to argue whose bathtub it is and when they finally agree to have their bath together they start nagging on how much warm water to use and whether or not the yellow plastic duck should stay in the tub or not. One of them replies, "The duck will stay in the tub. I never take a bath without." Smile
Despite their arguments they always remain very civilized. That´s also what gives this cartoon so much : the original absurdity of the situation is topped by their civilized conversation Smile

It´s really difficult to transfer his wit and humour into a foreign language, that´s often the case, I think.

I love Loriot´s humour, he is sadly missed.
The two men in the bathtub - Episode - Loriot - Humor 11 years ago
PontNeuf:
I am afraid Loriot is not known at all beyond Germany´s, Austria´s and Switzerland´s borders Crying or Very sad

He was a brilliant comedian with a very refined sense of humour. He often made fun of people´s hobbies or strange habits or totally absurd situations.

His most famous piece is called "The two men in the bathtub".
One enters the bathroom only to find that another gentleman (both are middle-aged and very successful businessmen) already occupies the tub. He gets into the tub to join the other man.
They begin to argue whose bathtub it is and when they finally agree to have their bath together they start nagging on how much warm water to use and whether or not the yellow plastic duck should stay in the tub or not. One of them replies, "The duck will stay in the tub. I never take a bath without." Smile
Despite their arguments they always remain very civilized. That´s also what gives this cartoon so much : the original absurdity of the situation is topped by their civilized conversation Smile

It´s really difficult to transfer his wit and humour into a foreign language, that´s often the case, I think.

I love Loriot´s humour, he is sadly missed.

Hahahahah - I am adding the link here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmKJCnjml7Q
11 years ago
Loriot was the best commedian we ever had! And I also love his partner on stage Evelyn Hamann.

Look at the "yodel diploma" episode where Hamann plays a modern "emancipated" woman. It should be comprehensible for Non-German speakers as well:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6RyQCggdI

Or look at this where a meter maid makes a fatal mistake:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1j6ZkMaiek

It is widely known that Germans have their difficulties with the correct pronounciation of the English "th". Look what happens if a telvision announcer has to report the content of the last episodes of an English crime TV series:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM87uCr188Y

Germans are grateful people, especially if they receive a valuable gift from their relatives in the US:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbz5sy8jPXA
11 years ago
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX4QSqthVJA

I feel a little bit reminded at some discussions at Parfumo.de by the "Bathtub" episode!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic The Loriot Show
Jump to