Search Forum

So, what about wine? And beer? And whiskey?

So, what about wine? And beer? And whiskey? 12 years ago
Somehow, I always thought that wine communities were the blueprint for Parfumo. Lately, I googled for a German "Weincommunity", but actually, there was not much I could find.

Where are the free communities for wine, beer and whiskey where people write reviews like we do on perfume?
11 years ago
This looks like a decent wine message board. I don't see a review section, however.

forums.winespectator.com/6/ubb.x
11 years ago
This one looks like a rather active and thorough forum:
www.whiskywhiskywhisky.com/forum/

And here is another one with reviews aplenty:
www.connosr.com/

Is whisky one of your preferred tipple Apicius?... Which are your recommendations?
11 years ago
I'm rather partial to a Laphroaigh myself.
11 years ago
Dolby:
Is whisky one of your preferred tipple Apicius?... Which are your recommendations?

I usually have a decent Speyside Malt and something smokier around, i.e. an Islay Malt. Whiskeys are not so far apart from each other as perfume, and with a decent bottle of each kind, you cover more or less the whole range. My recommendations are:

Light and elegant malts:
- Glenlivet
- Glenturret
- Auchentoshan

Peat monsters:
- Talisker
- Lagavulin
- Laphroaigh

This refers to their standard products. Whiskey distilleries issue lots of special editions, so quality and style of the Whiskeys of one single distillery can vary a lot!

Don, your help is needed!
11 years ago
Whisky is the only alcoholic drink I really like.

My favorites:

Unpeated
Aberlour 18y
Aberlour a bunadh
Edradour Burgundy Cask Matured

Peated
Lagavulin Distiller Edition (best whisky on planet earth!)
Lagavulin 16y
Ardbeg 10y

I also tried some Burbons, Knob Creek 9y is not bad - but you can't really compare it with Scottish Whisky Smile
11 years ago
Oh wow Apicius,
I've been asking myself this question for a while too. Where oh where are the drinking folks? I'd love to see a thorough wine&booze database with reviews.
Laughing

I see some very good ones suggested for the whisky crowd, but is there something similar out there for the wine lover?
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
I'm rather partial to a Laphroaigh myself.

Me too. I just love extreme smoky stuff. The first time I tasted it, I thought 'TCP'.
11 years ago
I'm a winer myself, Apicius. Try this link:

http://forums.winespectator.com/6/ubb.x
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic So, what about wine? And beer? And whiskey?
Jump to