Search Forum

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home 11 years ago
The private space in which to relax, to recoup to be ready for the outside world with its demands.
Space costs money, that is: measured by square feet

Major Bloomberg held a contest for well designed extra small "homes", see this LINK:
homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/york-micro-apartm ent-design-winner-announced-214258808.html

Seems okay to me ... one can always make it "personal". Now if that apartment were located in a splendid neighborhood ... it would be good enough for me.
That is the size that one has in a personal Suite on an ocean liner during a cruise, and does spend most of the time on deck anyway.
It is for apartment dwellers.

Tiny homes were also pictured in this morning's YAHOO (here is your slice of life broadcasting) venue. Those homes are on tiny lots and look like garden sheds.

Well, as it is embroidered on a pillow -
***************** HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS ***************
The large castle vs. the small nest 11 years ago
Deb says it right, in Europe space is much more narrow and precious. If I had a darling flat in Paris and could walk to the Opera, I would be in seventh heaven.

I had a large house in Florida where foot steps would make an echo. Already then I looked at the 2-car garage and said, "if I had only that I would be happy ..." as things turned out after 2008, I now am living in cramped space and yet, feel like an airplane pilot with a small cockpit who has everything right under her finger tips. The neighborhood is crummy, but Manhattan only a subway ride away.

The tendency in the U.S.A. generally is "super size me" at McDonald's, have a large SUV for driving, just in case one has to store big items, and everything in the good old United States is LARGE.

Relatives from London, U.K. visited me in Florida and said that one of the walk-in closets would make a small bedroom.

So, it all depends, home is where your heart and your family is.
A vacation home in the Mediterranean 11 years ago
A couple of years ago, for a while I was dreaming to retire near my sister who lives on the island Mallorca (Spain) in the Mediterranean Sea. At the time, I collected plenty of real estate (apartment investment) ideas. None was very spacious, and usually they advertise a nice view and a swimming pool. These apartments are in a hotel setting, probably with some services available.

That idea fell through, but here are some of the pictures.
www.crsbaleares.com/apartment.details.php?id=1 79
Scroll down the page and more photos pop out.

Here is the general link:
www.crsbaleares.com/apartment.php
This User is not affiliated with CR&S Baleares.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Home Sweet Home
Jump to