Search Forum

What Next? (a game)

What Next? (a game) 11 years ago
Here's the game I propose:

Take a look at the last poster's "I Have" and, based on what you see, suggest a perfume that you think they might enjoy and should explore.

Granted, it will take considerably longer to "glance" at some people's collections than it will mine . . .Laughing

I will go first. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
11 years ago
Going on the CK Obsession, I would suggest vintage Tabu....lovely stuff.
11 years ago
Gmmcnair,

Thank you.

Now, looking at yours, (and being familiar with only a very few men's frags), depending on how much you like Old Spice, I think "Ambre Precieux" is somewhat reminiscent of it, but much sweeter.
[/i]
11 years ago
For you Dulcemio, I am recommending Yves Rocher Voile D' Ambre. You have a lot of powdery orientals, which I love. I have the same taste and I can't get enough of this particular Yves Rocher. It's quite affordable too.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Gmmcnair,

Thank you.

Now, looking at yours, (and being familiar with only a very few men's frags), depending on how much you like Old Spice, I think "Ambre Precieux" is somewhat reminiscent of it, but much sweeter.
[/i]

Thank you....adding that one to my wish list...love the notes in that one.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
For you Dulcemio, I am recommending Yves Rocher Voile D' Ambre. You have a lot of powdery orientals, which I love. I have the same taste and I can't get enough of this particular Yves Rocher. It's quite affordable too.

Digindirt!

Thank you! (In theory I should love Voile d'Ambre, and how I've tried! But to no avail, unfortunately ... )

As for you, you seem a very likely candidate for my beloved "Moschino by Moschino" That one truly seems in your wheelhouse.
11 years ago
Dulcemio
what about trying. Shalimar edp or belle de opium i think you might like them
11 years ago
Angelofnorth:
Dulcemio
what about trying. Shalimar edp or belle de opium i think you might like them

Thank you! I will try Belle d'Opium. I like Shalimar, but prefer Initial, it's sweeter. Smile

For you:

Well since you have so many, it's not easy to come up with something, but I don't see any Fragonard in there. Since you obviously like sweet, spicy, powdery orientals, I think you might enjoy "Grain de Soleil"
11 years ago
Thank you so much Wink
shalimar initial is so so beautiful i love it to Wink
also try Roma Laura Biagiotti and yves rocher Voil de Ambre
i will absolutly try to find a sample off the grain de soleil

( ohh i see you also own the one im dieing to get my hands one Fendi Theorema Wink ohh lucky you <3 i havent even tested it. but i am GETTING it he he. one way or the other Wink
11 years ago
For Angel of the North, You might like Paestum Rose by Eau D'Italie ... as your Stella caught my eye. Very Happy
11 years ago
JPhx:
For Angel of the North, You might like Paestum Rose by Eau D'Italie ... as your Stella caught my eye. Very Happy

JPhx,

You're another one with a vast and gorgeous stash, but I didn't see any Mona di Orio, did I? If you've not tried it, maybe a sample of "Nombres d'Or - Vanille" or something like that would be fun? I also suspect you might enjoy "Grain de Soleil"
11 years ago
Angelofnorth:
Thank you so much Wink
shalimar initial is so so beautiful i love it to Wink
also try Roma Laura Biagiotti and yves rocher Voil de Ambre
i will absolutly try to find a sample off the grain de soleil

( ohh i see you also own the one im dieing to get my hands one Fendi Theorema Wink ohh lucky you <3 i havent even tested it. but i am GETTING it he he. one way or the other Wink

Thank you for all these suggestions!

Therorema is one I enjoy sometimes, used to love it more, but somehow the citrus began to seem so strong to me, so I love it in small doses now. You can find minis online I think for not too much money.
11 years ago
Thank you, Dlane! After reading the notes and the parfumo reviews I put it straight onto my wishlist!

BTW, It must be a classic because when I found it on O---Stock, under the "People Who Viewed This Also Viewed" section there was an electric bariatric hospital bed! All inferences here being of a positive nature - at least for all of us classic loving souls for whom the adjective "old lady" is an attractant, not a deterrant.Laughing

Now, for YOU, (I don't want to sound like a broken record here), but I don't see any trace of MOSCHINO BY MOSCHINO in your profile, which based on your other bottles, I think you would love. Have you ever tried it?
11 years ago
OOPS, WAIT! I JUST FOUND IT IN YOUR "HAD" SECTION. And you reviewed it beautifully. So . . . nevermind . . . . Embarassed
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Just to keep the game going here. I see you have no ambers. I know of one you might like because it's so light and airy that most like it;
L'eau Ambree, Prada

I've tried L'eau Ambree, it's very light and pleasant but didn't wow me. My favorite ambers so far are EL Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang and MP&G Ambre Precieux.

For you, I was going to suggest ROCHAS ABSOLU, but I see it's already on your Wish List. It seems very ambery to me even though amber isn't listed in the notes, and so nicely floral and not too sweet, and doesn't remind me of anything else.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Since my last suggestion wasn't ideal, here's one for the "classic lover" in you;
Aqua di Parma Profumo. Stunning! (forgive me if you have it in one of your lists, I didn't see in the 2 I looked at.)

That sounds like a great suggestion. I've never tried it, but now I will.

Any of the other Acqua di Parmas you would recommend for me?
11 years ago
And expensive!!!! Wowza!

On second thought, I'd better steer clear of that house, no use finding myself un amour impossible ...

Laughing
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What Next? (a game)
Jump to