Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

351 - 375 by 1338
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
I seem to remember taking a pair of shoes into school, like the ones benny is wearing (on the piano) for a raffle prize. I packaged them up nicely with a home-made leaflet extolling their virtues. I think I named them "Dr Scaffold Elevator Shoes for the Vertically Challenged"....

... And you wonder why you ended up with a man who thinks that a nest of Union Jacks bins is the hottest thing in town ... Hmmm? Rolling Eyes
x
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I had forgotten about this. How can we have a Dolbyville without this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA5GkLM5C7M

Why did I wake up this morning with this song in my head? Shocked
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
PS: where's the chocolate?

Dulcemio:
Hey Dolby,
I don't see any chocolate in the bad girl corner. How can that be? Shocked

I ate it all ...Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Dolby:
Dlane1953:
PS: where's the chocolate?

Dulcemio:
Hey Dolby,
I don't see any chocolate in the bad girl corner. How can that be? Shocked

I ate it all ...Twisted Evil

You asked for it, you got it. Ha!
11 years ago
I have been married for 21 years today! And with the ole fella for 30!
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
I have been married for 21 years today! And with the ole fella for 30!

Awwww ... Huge congratulations to you and Mr Smelly (but especially to you, let's face it Wink)
Have a fabby day you two lovebirds, and may you have many more years together.
Xoxo
11 years ago
Smellsogood needs the bins to put all the pearls in Dlane. Wink
Congratulations on your 21 years SSG.

Dolby hope you enjoyed your chocolate. Wink
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I'm so ashamed. Embarassed I just ate the Easter candy I bought for the grandkids.

It was very good.
Don't feel guilty!!! I have done that so many damn times! I really laughed when I read that...I thought I was the only Evil, greedy Grandma!
Very Happy
11 years ago
I'll go!! I'd kill for some decent chocolate right now.

11 years ago
Shocked My dear, you have hidden shallows! I'll be the designated driver, okay? Laughing
11 years ago
Awww... you know I'm only teasing, and I couldn't agree more about seizing the day. Smile
11 years ago
Chocolate Truffles are super easy to make (and delicious) ... Here's a recipe:

Ingredients

- 8 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (high quality, 62% cacao or higher such as Scharffen-Berger or Ghirardelli), well chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla OR Almond extract

Truffle coatings
- Cocoa powder
- Finely chopped walnuts
- Finely chopped almonds
- finely chopped pistachio nuts

Method

1 In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes).

2 Place the chocolate in a separate bowl.
Pour the cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla (or almond ) extract, and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
Add the butter a bit at at time an carry on stirring until smooth and glossy.
(This chocolate base is called ganache.)

3 Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for two hours covered in plastic film.
Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache.
Roll in your hands quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.

4 Roll in cocoa powder or chopped nuts and serve, or place back in the refrigerator until needed.

Yield: Makes 30-40 chocolate truffles.
11 years ago
I have been to Brussels, but I think there were more chocolate shops in Bruges, as it is more touristy. Cologne in Germany has a chocolate museum too, which I quite enjoyed. Very Happy
11 years ago
I have not been to Brussels, but I had fabulous chocolate in Switzerland.
11 years ago
I grew up in Cologne and even have been to that chocolate museum, enjoyed it too. Very Happy
But there's nothing like Swiss chocolate. Sprüngli is to die for Exclamation
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I have not been to Brussels, but I had fabulous chocolate in Switzerland.

Yeah, Swiss grocery stores have entire aisles of big chocolate bars! And it's gooood!

We've had a box of See's truffles in the office for a few days now. I can only take one per day, to avoid the embarrassment of looking greedy. Thank god that box isn't at home. Dark chocolate truffles are my cryptonite. Embarassed
11 years ago
See's chocolates are to die for, When I lived in Cincinnati we walked daily in the mall every morning there was a store there that I could not seem to pass by without buying. ummmmmmm so good.
11 years ago
See's Chocolate!! What a wonderful box of chocolates! They have such a great selection!! When I lived in the States, I always had access to those amazing chocs! But, they are big...and rich, and should be eaten with caution! Wink And, I agree...Swiss chocolate is the best! I can buy Belgium Choc here, it's really lovely....but love the Swiss ones!!
11 years ago
Dolby, can you make us all some? And by some I mean some 3000 or so? Smile
351 - 375 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to