Search Forum

Things in video games you didn't work out until later on

Things in video games you didn't work out until later on 11 months ago

I have two for this on Ratchet & Clank A Crank in Time I didn't realise I could do U-turns in space sections and on Suikoden IV took me 16 years to work out I didn't have to press X on the map to get my ship to move at a snails pace and to change directions, nope you can steer it with the D-pad and press R1 to speed up. 

11 months ago

Ah there is nothing better than when you curse a video game for not having a certain feature to only realise after numerous hours in to the game you find out it was there all along 😂

I know this has happened to me but I can’t think of them off the top of my head. I think the Spiderman game on PS5 had something like that happen to me and probably God of War

11 months ago
Mitchcraft

Ah there is nothing better than when you curse a video game for not having a certain feature to only realise after numerous hours in to the game you find out it was there all along 😂

I know this has happened to me but I can’t think of them off the top of my head. I think the Spiderman game on PS5 had something like that happen to me and probably God of War

Oh and on Silent Hill 3 I didn't realise there was a parry button, guess who's played that game numerous times and didn't know that was a thing. 

11 months ago
EmberRose
Mitchcraft

Oh and on Silent Hill 3 I didn't realise there was a parry button, guess who's played that game numerous times and didn't know that was a thing. 

One way to look at it is that when we play the game with a disadvantage of like you say being unaware of something like a parry system I think it creates more of a challenge and by doing so makes you even better at the game when you discover the mechanics later on. I loved Silent Hill on the PS2.

There is a new Silent Hill in the making isn’t there?

11 months ago
Mitchcraft
EmberRose
Mitchcraft

One way to look at it is that when we play the game with a disadvantage of like you say being unaware of something like a parry system I think it creates more of a challenge and by doing so makes you even better at the game when you discover the mechanics later on. I loved Silent Hill on the PS2.

Heard about those but P.T was the only one that interested me, but well that one kicked the bucket.

11 months ago
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose
Mitchcraft

Heard about those but P.T was the only one that interested me, but well that one kicked the bucket.

Yeah I believe I still have the demo for PT n my old PS4. I am sure that if you download it before a certain date and never deleted it you would have the ability to play it even once removed from the store. 

I liked Until Dawn 

11 months ago

OH! I just thought of an entire genre of games of which can be added to this topic, they are fighting games!

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Tekken

Killer Instinct

Even years after release, professionals learn new things all the time about little tactics where certain moves and blocking techniques etc can change the game for them.

Special moves used to be something to learn and of course in games like Mortal Kombat we had the finishing moves, Fatalities, Brutalities, Friendships and all the other whacky endings to a match lol

Mechanics in the way you are asking for though, i would say the full abilities of using your defence bar in MK11 with the likes of rolls and when to do them and the same for breaking down from being juggled in a combo. 

11 months ago
Mitchcraft

OH! I just thought of an entire genre of games of which can be added to this topic, they are fighting games!

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Tekken

Killer Instinct

Even years after release, professionals learn new things all the time about little tactics where certain moves and blocking techniques etc can change the game for them.

Special moves used to be something to learn and of course in games like Mortal Kombat we had the finishing moves, Fatalities, Brutalities, Friendships and all the other whacky endings to a match lol

Mechanics in the way you are asking for though, i would say the full abilities of using your defence bar in MK11 with the likes of rolls and when to do them and the same for breaking down from being juggled in a combo. 

It wasn't until I played Tekken 7 that I finally got the hang of a Eddy Gordo move that has something to do with slowly going from sitting to damaging the opponent as you rise, took a while to finally master it. Lets just say the last time I played a Tekken game was when Tekken 5 came out.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Things in video games you didn't work out until later on
Jump to