Search Forum

Things you never thought you'd start collecting

Things you never thought you'd start collecting 11 months ago 1

What's something you thought you'd never see yourself collecting, when you where younger but as an adult you are now buying?

I've fallen into the hole of buying Vinyls, Nail Polish and Concealers.

Blame Taylor Swift releasing the 'clock' that you can make with all four versions of the album and well the 5th one too and I'm a completionist.

Last edited by ExUser on 23.06.2023, 01:38; edited 1 time in total
10 months ago 1

I never thought I'd be collecting lipsticks or perfumes because when I was young I had absolutely no interest in beauty related things (haircare, skincare, bodycare, makeup and the likes). Now I have a few lipsticks, perfumes and I even have started collecting setting powder (but that's because I'm trying them all).

10 months ago 2

I used to be a compulsive collector (stickers, stamps, coasters, keyrings, postcards, perfumes, vintage shaving razors, fountain pens, etc) but then one day I embraced a more minimalistic lifestyle and got rid of most of my stuff. Now I stick to a "keep what you use" policy, including fragrance.

10 months ago 1

1.  Vintage scarves, which I almost never wear.

2.  Handmade lace handkerchiefs, which I never carry.

3.  Jars, which is insane, but at least, they are put to good use... well, some of them. 

10 months ago 2
KathrynA66

3.  Jars, which is insane, but at least, they are put to good use... well, some of them. 

You and me have a few things in common, I collect Scarves but I wear them because they're a vital part of my dressing style. And I also collect Jars but I store my pencil shaving in them, I do art so yeah my Jars are full of lots and lots of those. But I do re use coffee jars though.

10 months ago 2

Perfumes and plants. I love wearing perfumes and I love gardening. Oh, and movies and books too. I have a huge library in my house. 

10 months ago
EmberRose
KathrynA66

You and me have a few things in common, I collect Scarves but I wear them because they're a vital part of my dressing style. And I also collect Jars but I store my pencil shaving in them, I do art so yeah my Jars are full of lots and lots of those. But I do re use coffee jars though.

Well, that makes sense.  We do use the jars, but it's just this *thing* I have about jars.  🤷‍♀️

10 months ago
Anamandy

Perfumes and plants. I love wearing perfumes and I love gardening. Oh, and movies and books too. I have a huge library in my house. 

I collect books too.  Our library was so big, I finally got a Kindle to save room.  My family knows I'm a bibliophile, and they have given me a lot of old books.

10 months ago

Coming back to this by adding Lip Balm and Lip Gloss, younger me would be shocked.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Things you never thought you'd start collecting
Jump to