Search Forum

PDM Haltane weak performance!? (Forum newbie)

PDM Haltane weak performance!? (Forum newbie) 7 months ago

Hello there!

I am new here, I mean I have always used the forum to get reviews on my next buy but this is the first time I am posting anything.

I blind bought Haltane and I love it, the saffron praline mix is addictive (for me at least) but there is a small issue, the fragrance doesn’t perform well (which makes it a completely useless buy 😅). After one hour, the scent vanishes completely and I tried spraying on skin, cloth, paper with no noticeable difference. (My skin is a bit dry so that was taken into account)

I bought the fragrance from Parfum-Zentrum and as far as I know, they don’t sell fake stuff. I paid 246€ and PDM sells it for 290€ so it’s not a suspiciously cheaper price.

So I am here asking if anyone had similar issues with Haltane in general or (a) specific batch(es)? (batch #3153101)

Thank you for stopping by!

Last edited by Ghassan90 on 08.10.2023, 23:39; edited 3 times in total
7 months ago

A quick update, I haven’t put much thoughts into the box since I throw them away usually but upon checking, the box seems a bit off to me, the gold PDM logo is missing from the top, THE QR code doesn’t redirect to any website or presents any information whatsoever, and finally, the bar code looks like it was misplaced and then re-placed. Can someone compare this to their Haltane/ PDM box?

I’d appreciate your help on this!

Last edited by Ghassan90 on 08.10.2023, 23:36; edited 1 time in total
7 months ago 1

Hi! So I don't know anything about the vendor you mentioned, but that box does not appear to be the same shade of green as mine. Now pictures can be deceiving, and that is an understatement, but my box looks to be a deeper color green than yours. Also, my Haltane is a beast performer - easily an 8-10 hour noticable scent for me. It's still detectable for another 2-4 hours longer. 

If I can make a suggestion about dry skin and fragrances... 

My husband also has this problem. What helps his fragrance last longer is to apply a thin layer of Vitamin E oil about 5 minutes before spraying the fragrance. Just be careful to buy a decent brand of oil and give it long enough to sink into your skin so it doesn't stain your clothes.

If you did get a fake, I hope you can get it taken care of. Good luck!

7 months ago
SayreBea

Hi! So I don't know anything about the vendor you mentioned, but that box does not appear to be the same shade of green as mine. Now pictures can be deceiving, and that is an understatement, but my box looks to be a deeper color green than yours. Also, my Haltane is a beast performer - easily an 8-10 hour noticable scent for me. It's still detectable for another 2-4 hours longer. 

If I can make a suggestion about dry skin and fragrances... 

My husband also has this problem. What helps his fragrance last longer is to apply a thin layer of Vitamin E oil about 5 minutes before spraying the fragrance. Just be careful to buy a decent brand of oil and give it long enough to sink into your skin so it doesn't stain your clothes.

If you did get a fake, I hope you can get it taken care of. Good luck!

Hello, thank you for the explanation. It’s the performance that says it all I assume but for the sake of comparison, does your Haltane box has the gold PDM logo on the upper side? The vendor is usually more than fine and this is not my first purchase from their store so don’t know what’s the issue (not accusing them of anything)
Worst case scenario, I’ll place another order from PDM directly and give this one for free as a whole or samples. 

Usually i don’t have issue with niche oils on my dry skin, only with designers (homme sport eau extreme never worked on my skin) but I’ll definitely check what you suggested Smile 

Cheers!

7 months ago 1

I find a lot of PDM fragrances perform pretty bad for the price. There are a few that are alright and Haltane happened to be one of the better performing ones from my Discovery kit along with Sedley and one that I ended up buying a full bottle being Pegasus Exclusif. The rest just didn’t last very long. Oh Greenley did but it turns in to a Smokey fruit scent like Aventus after 3 hours and that put me off buying it. 

I was astonished at how bad Layton performed after so many people praising it. I got my kit directly from PDM just a month or 2 ago. Haltane was actually one I thought about buying because it performs so well on me but I have Oud Noir from ATH which is similar so put a pause on it, so yeah maybe something is wrong or it could be skin chemistry but they have been messing around with the concentration.

Can you post some images of the bottle also please. 

7 months ago
Mitchcraft

I find a lot of PDM fragrances perform pretty bad for the price. There are a few that are alright and Haltane happened to be one of the better performing ones from my Discovery kit along with Sedley and one that I ended up buying a full bottle being Pegasus Exclusif. The rest just didn’t last very long. Oh Greenley did but it turns in to a Smokey fruit scent like Aventus after 3 hours and that put me off buying it. 

I was astonished at how bad Layton performed after so many people praising it. I got my kit directly from PDM just a month or 2 ago. Haltane was actually one I thought about buying because it performs so well on me but I have Oud Noir from ATH which is similar so put a pause on it, so yeah maybe something is wrong or it could be skin chemistry but they have been messing around with the concentration.

Hi, first thing first, the images should be in the original post. 
The discounter was so nice and they took the open bottle back and refunded me the full price.

I got another one directly from PDM two days ago and the performance is much better, not a beast mode like everyone is saying but still better than the one I had before. 
I think PDM altered smth in the formula and the newer batches are not that great, so I had to spray heavy to match the performance of other PDMs I have.

Problem is, I like the scent so most probably I’ll look for an older batch (they changed the box also so anything with PDM’ gold logo on the box should be from an older batch) or I’ll just get Oud for Greatness. 

7 months ago
Ghassan90
Mitchcraft

Hi, first thing first, the images should be in the original post. 
The discounter was so nice and they took the open bottle back and refunded me the full price.

I got another one directly from PDM two days ago and the performance is much better, not a beast mode like everyone is saying but still better than the one I had before. 
I think PDM altered smth in the formula and the newer batches are not that great, so I had to spray heavy to match the performance of other PDMs I have.

Problem is, I like the scent so most probably I’ll look for an older batch (they changed the box also so anything with PDM’ gold logo on the box should be from an older batch) or I’ll just get Oud for Greatness. 

That’s good you got a better performance from buying directly from PDM because we know just how much they charge direct. 

I had Haltane on one of my hand’s yesterday to compare to Oud Noir as I was doing a review and the longevity was amazing but the projection is only good for a few hours. 

To me projection is more important than longevity on its own because what’s the use of a fragrance that lasts all day but by an hour or so nobody can smell it anymore except for yourself by looking like a lunatic to others as you walk around sniffing your wrists right up to your face all day 😂 and it’s always when it gets to the best smelling phase when they turn to a skin scent so you end up sniffing yourself more and more because it smells so good lol. 

I couldn’t see the photos of the bottle, only the 3 pictures of the box. It doesn’t matter now though that you have got a better bottle from PDM. 🙂

4 months ago

Never had issues with it mate, try reapply or use a travel atomiser see if that works for ya.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands PDM Haltane weak performance!? (Forum newbie)
Jump to