Search Forum

Not sure where to ask, but...

Not sure where to ask, but... 6 months ago

How does one go about submitting a request to - or boosting an existing request to - add a fragrance? Is there a vetting process or something? I've been trying to find Fragrance World's Cocktail Intense on one of these fragrance sites, but to no avail. parfumo looks like a nice place, so I thought I'd ask.

PS Unrelated, but it's irksome that parfumo's name/logo is all lowercase, yet they capitalized my nickname when I created an account here, and I can't change it. So, they get to do it, but I can't? What, do they think they're better than me? Huh? Huh? Does it make them feel good? Powerful? Superior? Huh? Huh? Huh? LOL 😜

6 months ago 1
Lotusmaglite

How does one go about submitting a request to - or boosting an existing request to - add a fragrance? Is there a vetting process or something? I've been trying to find Fragrance World's Cocktail Intense on one of these fragrance sites, but to no avail. parfumo looks like a nice place, so I thought I'd ask.

PS Unrelated, but it's irksome that parfumo's name/logo is all lowercase, yet they capitalized my nickname when I created an account here, and I can't change it. So, they get to do it, but I can't? What, do they think they're better than me? Huh? Huh? Does it make them feel good? Powerful? Superior? Huh? Huh? Huh? LOL 😜

Select "research" from the menu, then select "propose a perfume". Please remember to read the instructions properly and provide sources to all information, otherwise your request won't be accepted.

Maybe the capitalizing process was automatic? I don't know, never heard about that. Probably you could PM some of the moderators or they might also reply here.

6 months ago

Thank you so much! I'll do that. The propose-a-perfume thing, I mean. I'm not actually fussed about the capitalization. I just wanted to crack wise and make a Kalifornia - starring Brad Pitt - reference. 

6 months ago

Dear @Lotusmaglite welcome to Parfumo!. 

The act to add a perfume has a very specific precidure and it demands someone's time and deep - dive research to deliver this project. So if you have the will to help the Community of Parfumo you are welcome of course and you can use the category "Research" from the main menu but you have to follow the process and read the instructions carefully that are stated in order to do it right. Last but not list no one of the administrative team of Parfumo or of members in general behave in a rude or bland way to each other. We are all civilised people in Parfumo with kind manners and professionalism. I am telling this to you in a try to clarify your assumptions about the grammar rules you refered that were imposed on you about the way you desire your nickname to be written so i hardly believe that it was made on purpose. If that happened at an some other perfume site i might believe you but not in Parfumo. But If this is big problem to you, you can send a message to one of the moderators to take a look at your nickame. To my eyes it is fine as it is though.

I hope me and other members answered your question and if you have any that will come up in the future we are agreeable to help you to solve it. Have a nice time and enjoy friendly and cool Parfumo Community!. 💗

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Not sure where to ask, but...
Jump to