Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

1376 - 1400 by 4531
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Greysolon:

On The Floor was one of J Lo's big hits.

O.o You don't say?

Let's do a tricky one. Twisted Evil

+ Papillon = Confused:

I'm so glad I'm taking a break from this thread so Im not tempted to put myself into a self induced coma by trying to crack this code.

I'm watching to see who attempts this one, it won't be me!
11 years ago
?-

"Shanghai Butterfly
by Nanette Lepore"

...or it would be too easy?
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Cryptic:
Greysolon:

On The Floor was one of J Lo's big hits.

O.o You don't say?

Let's do a tricky one. Twisted Evil

+ Papillon = Confused:

I'm so glad I'm taking a break from this thread so Im not tempted to put myself into a self induced coma by trying to crack this code.

I'm watching to see who attempts this one, it won't be me!

Dig, you are looking so fancy today! Very Happy
11 years ago
*standing ovation*

Talk about making an entrance! Wolf, that is the correct answer and I'm all kinds of impressed. Welcome to our little quiz game. We hope you'll stick around! In case you don't know already, it's your turn to ask the next question. Very Happy
11 years ago
WolfM:
?-

"Shanghai Butterfly
by Nanette Lepore"

...or it would be too easy?

I knew this was the answer all along, I just wanted to be fair to let a newbie have a try at winning lolololol.
Congratulations Wolf!
11 years ago
Cryptic:
*standing ovation*

Talk about making an entrance! Wolf, that is the correct answer and I'm all kinds of impressed. Welcome to our little quiz game. We hope you'll stick around! In case you don't know already, it's your turn to ask the next question. Very Happy

As a long time participant in THE GAME let me add a +1 to Cryptic's standing ovation and a +1 to her sentiment of being "all kinds of impressed." Excellent Wolf! Stick around!
11 years ago
Wow. It looks as though we have another player for our quiz.

Welcome.
11 years ago
Thanks, you are all very kind!
I still prefer to continue the game without me before to create something silly or unintelligible. Better to have fun with riddles instead of my bad English.
And as seen - I received a bonus for a beginner, so it's only fair to continue @Digindirt(because of obstruction of the investigation) Very Happy
Will surely i stick around (but quietly) because I enjoy the wit and ingenuity in the topic.
Sorry if I have broken the line with inclusion
Wish a aromatic night
Smile
11 years ago
No bonus, WolfM, but seriously impressed!
Anyway, lacking wit when it comes to riddles, filling in for you will be my only chance to have a shot at this game ..
Voila, hope it's not easy as pie.

Edit: typo
Last edited by MiaTrost on 27.04.2013, 21:22; edited 4 times in total
11 years ago
Mia, you rock! Very Happy
11 years ago
Péché Cardinal (Cardinal sin)
by Parfums MDCI Paris?

MiaVonTrost:

Edit: typo
11 years ago
You are killing me, Greysolon. How long did it take you to figure this one out, two nano-seconds?! I should have taken the bird instead of that dead churchman. Wink
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
You are killing me, Greysolon. How long did it take you to figure this one out, two nano-seconds?! I should have taken the bird instead of that dead churchman. Wink

LaughingLaughingLaughing
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:

It was a great rebus! I learn something from every GTS question and it took a good bit of research to find the Franz Stuck painting. That's because as much as I love art, I'm embarrassed to say, I had never heard of Franz Stuck! What an incredible artist! Also, I think the second accent in the word Péché changes the answer from "peach" to "sin" so when I found what turned out to be the answer I thought, "Wait, 'Peach Cardinal?' That can't be right." I'll be back with a question in a bit...
Last edited by Greysolon on 28.04.2013, 14:49; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Here are your hints:
-She’s So Cold
-Let Me Go
-All About You
-Send It to Me

These are a few of the ingredients that create the namesake for a particular fragrance.

Name the fragrance and the house.
11 years ago
Grey would Frigid be what you are looking for in the first hint Confused:

I'm Confused
11 years ago
Cincy:
Grey would Frigid be what you are looking for in the first hint Confused:

I'm Confused

Sorry, I'll be more specific: all the hints go together, and are part of a collection that is the namesake for a particular fragrance.

Here are your hints:
-She’s So Cold
-Let Me Go
-All About You
-Send It to Me

These are a few of the ingredients that create the namesake for a particular fragrance.

Name the fragrance and the house.
11 years ago
It was great to see you on this thread, Mia. I hope you'll hang out here more often. Very Happy Now, if we could just get Dlane over here...
11 years ago
Cryptic:
It was great to see you on this thread, Mia. I hope you'll hang out here more often. Very Happy Now, if we could just get Dlane over here...

Agree Cryptic, I have tried.
11 years ago
Cryptic:

Cryptic, I second both sentiments! Mia, just jump in and have a whack at the questions. Very Happy You probably already know this but Google and Parfumo's "advanced search" are the Guess That Scent player's best friend. Nobody really knows all this stuff! The regulars must be sick of me saying this, but you learn so much about perfume on GTS.
DLane, get yo' perfume lovin' self over here! Very Happy
11 years ago
Greysolon:

Here are your hints:
-She’s So Cold
-Let Me Go
-All About You
-Send It to Me

"could be Romanian could be Bubarian could be Albanian could be Hungarian"
... no - he is a Frenchman
"might be Ukrainian could be Australian could be the Alien"
... or Devil In Disguise... no - Emotional Rescue is
Very Happy come ooon - forgotten The Rolling Stones Very Happy

Emotional Rescue
by Mark Buxton Perfumes?

sorry, I could not help myself Embarassed
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Cryptic:

Cryptic, I second both sentiments! Mia, just jump in and have a whack at the questions. Very Happy You probably already know this but Google and Parfumo's "advanced search" are the Guess That Scent player's best friend. Nobody really knows all this stuff! The regulars must be sick of me saying this, but you learn so much about perfume on GTS.
DLane, get yo' perfume lovin' self over here! Very Happy

I'll try. If Wolf continues to put us all to shame ( Wink ) I'm in, given he still doesn't want to pose a conundrum himself. Else, I'll probably be learning most of the time. Laughing

Wolf, how did you come up with that one? I just looked up the lyrics and still don't get it. Crying or Very sad
Last edited by MiaTrost on 28.04.2013, 22:13; edited 3 times in total
11 years ago
Let's wait to see if it is the right answer Smile
If is correct - it is purely accidental: My first thought was "these are the names of the songs" and in the next moment I recognized them. pure coincidence.
Greysolon hinted that these are the ingredients, so I looked for a perfume with the name of the album (this perfume is completely unknown to me - as I said - pure chance)
11 years ago
WolfM:
Greysolon:

Here are your hints:
-She’s So Cold
-Let Me Go
-All About You
-Send It to Me

"could be Romanian could be Bubarian could be Albanian could be Hungarian"
... no - he is a Frenchman
"might be Ukrainian could be Australian could be the Alien"
... or Devil In Disguise... no - Emotional Rescue is
Very Happy come ooon - forgotten The Rolling Stones Very Happy

Emotional Rescue
by Mark Buxton Perfumes?
sorry, I could not help myself Embarassed

Sorry, it took a while to get back to you. I had to be away from the computer.

Spot on and congratulations Wolf! Very Happy

Just a little explanation, the hints were songs from the Rolling Stones' album Emotional Rescue and the names of most Mark Buxton fragrances are based on the titles of rock and roll Albums and songs

Now Wolf, don't be shy, go ahead and take a shot at giving a us a question if you feel up to it!
11 years ago
Well, this time I'll play Smile (you made me addicted) Very Happy
Riddle will be a picture, and I need a moment to make it and host somewhere.
after about 10 min.
1376 - 1400 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to