Search Forum

Guerlain: Heritage & Habit Rouge - older bottles worth it?

Guerlain: Heritage & Habit Rouge - older bottles worth it? 6 months ago

Asking people who experienced Heritage and Habit Rouge (both EDT and EDP) across their various formulations. Is it worth going for older bottles (from the 90's or early 00's) rather than their current formulations?

For reference, I have an Heritage EDT with the wooden cap. Love the scent but I wish it projected a bit more. That's why I'm considering trying out an older version, once I'm done with my current bottle.

No doubt that the older bottles look cooler, but when it comes to the juice, is there any noticable difference in smell and performance? 

6 months ago

The Listerine bottles are what I have. They're great, and more than 4 sprays or so is too much. Plenty of power.

5 months ago

I have two bottles of Habit Rouge EdT from the 90s in my collection. They have the gold cap, as opposed to the silver cap. HR is my all time favorite, so I have bottles from every bottle change since the 90s and love the 90s bottles the most. It is a little more animalic in a leathery/oud way and lasts a little longer. The lemon blast is a little muted, but that should be expected, as citruses break down. Sometimes, If I’m craving that full opening while still wanting the older dry down,  I will spray one or two pumps from the gold cap and then spray or two from a newer bottle. 

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Guerlain: Heritage & Habit Rouge - older bottles worth it?
Jump to