Search Forum

New suggestions - how do I do it right?

New suggestions - how do I do it right? 2 months ago 1

The general rule:

Over time, we have discovered that much information is lost over time as sources are deleted, moved, or updated. In order to avoid unnecessary corrections and to be able to better classify necessary corrections, we would like to point out the following.

Please record the information from your sources either visually (as a screenshot) or in writing as a text copy (in the source field). This applies to any evidence of fragrance notes, perfumers, years of release, limitations, bottle designers, etc.

If the brand website is used, the original language of the relevant brand must be used to correctly evaluate the sources in order to exclude translation errors. Therefore, only use languages that you can handle yourself. This is particularly important for fragrance notes.

If you receive a follow-up notification, please review what needs to be done with your submission in order to correctly verify it.

What else needs to be taken into account?

Banned brands

If you are not sure whether a new brand will even be listed, please look here:

https://www.parfumo.com/fdb_he...

This helps avoid unnecessary work.

Sources
It is absolutely necessary to find sufficient sources for any information. Information that is based only on one source - which may not be particularly informative - is less trustworthy.

Trustworthy
The best and most trustworthy option is usually to provide information from the manufacturer itself. The official PR pages that post news should also be consulted here.

Not trustworthy
Perfumeintelligence and Fragrantica as the sole source are not trustworthy as they often contain errors that we are reluctant to adopt. Price comparison sites or other shops are also not very trustworthy, at least for scent pyramids.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Research New suggestions - how do I do it right?
Jump to