Search Forum

Do Le Labo fragrances have to be refrigerated?

Do Le Labo fragrances have to be refrigerated? 26 days ago

I heard that a few times already and don't know how true it is or not. I'm assuming that maybe they use a lot of naturals, like Hiram Green does, and to keep the scents from going bad they should be refrigerated. That is just a guess on my part. If anyone knows, please fill me in. Thanks.  

25 days ago 1

I'm a hobbyist perfumer, and from what I've researched on how to store raw materials, it actually may be damaging to them to keep them in too cold of an environment. I bought a temperature-adjustable mini-fridge that I keep at 55°F to store them but that is only because my materials are in a garage that gets very hot. If I kept them in an air-conditioned house I would just leave them out.

25 days ago 1

Thank you. I had also written to Le Labo and this is the response I got today -

Thank you for reaching out to us!

As with most precious things, perfumes are very fragile. From the day of formulation, a perfume will last around 2 years if it is stored correctly. It is ideal to store the perfumes in darkness, in cool temperatures.

Once the bottle has been opened, use the contents as quickly as possible or keep it in your fridge for a longer and genuine olfactive rendering. 2 years would be the cut off of the genuine original olfactive quality.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you and have a great day!

So, apparently, they are telling me I can keep it in the fridge, but the scent will eventually change. But isn't that true of every fragrance? Besides, they didn't really answer my questions to them which was do natural ingredients need to be refrigerated and do they cold age their scents? That is what I heard about their fragrances through the years. 

23 days ago 1

Hi,

The only time I have kept a perfume in the fridge was Smile & ShineSmile & Shine and only because the perfumer C. Laudamiel recommended in an interview to do so for the reasons you mentioned. After a while I put it back with my other bottles on the shelves bc fridge space is limited and, honestly, it felt like nonsense to me. The other time I heard someone recommending to keep a perfume refrigerated was Herbert Stricker during a YT video. He recommended to keep a citrus perfume in the fridge during summer to enhance the “refreshing” experience. This reason makes more sense to me as it’s only for a sensory reason.
IMHO: To put cosmetic products in the fridge to “keep them fresh” has been recommended before for products like facial moisturizers, facial serums, nail polish (yes, can you believe it?!), and now it’s perfume.

22 days ago

From what I've read, as I was also thinking of preserving my fragrances in the best way possible, the only option would be a wine cooler.

A wine cooler would keep the fragrance between 12-18 Celsius degrees which is the most optimal threshold for fragrances. Although I never understood how a wine cooler resolves the issue of moisture or dampness inside this of it.

I know there are some fragrances which are made specifically for being refrigerated, such as Cool Water Woman Freeze MeCool Water Woman Freeze Me but otherwise, if not officially stated, I would not go for it. I think all Youtubers keep their fragrances on shelves in some kind of basements, aren't they?

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Do Le Labo fragrances have to be refrigerated?
Jump to