Search Forum

I have been.......

651 - 675 by 2160
11 years ago
I have been making a check list for Dig in a PM. Wink
11 years ago
I have been thinking that I might need a supplement since I've been living on Godiva chocolate for two days!
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been thinking that I might need a supplement since I've been living on Godiva chocolate for two days!

Laughing
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Laughing NOW everything is clear to me! The Godiva Diet has its drawbacks!

I have been thinking DLane should go to the corner for blaspheming the Godiva Diet! And nobody better go espousing radical notions about eating Belgian chocolate "in moderation". C'mon, that's just crazy talk! As a matter of fact, Belgian cuisine (i.e. chocolate and beer) has its own slot on my personal food pyramid.
My theory of what biblical "manna from heaven" really was? Leonidas chocolate. Yeah... ShockedVery Happy
11 years ago
I agree with you Grey, she should go to the corner without chocolates. Razz
11 years ago
Cincy:
I agree with you Grey, she should go to the corner without chocolates. Razz

I have been thinking Cincy is way stricter than I am! DLane, I'd never send you to the corner without chocolate!
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
OMG, a chocolate brand I've never heard of?? Why are you doing this to me, Greysolon? Now I must find it and try it.

I will go to the corner, but only if I can take a 6 pack of Belgian beer (preferably Westmalle Trappist Dubbel) and the Cabana Boys with me.....OK?

Westmalle Trappist Dubbel? Who needs water?
Leonidas chocolate? Oh by the sainted spirit of Pavlov's dog, I've drooled all over my keyboard!

Don't take the cabana boys. Hey, they're guys! All they'll do is drink all the beer and eat all the chocolate! You won't get any... any... Wink
11 years ago
I have been wondering what kind of chocolate will go goo with breakfast. Since you all are in the no chocolate corner, I'll eat enough for everybody.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:

PS About Belgian beer, what a revelation! I want to find a local source for these beers. While visiting Delaware recently, we ate at an old Tavern in a colonial town (New Castle) whose specialty was a broad variety of Belgian beers,(12 pages of them!) and we ate there for lunch and dinner for 3 days, the beer was so specatular.

I have been drinking a new Belgian beer tonight: Laffe

My first taste memories of beer are wheat and yeast so I love all those wheaty, yeasty Belgian beers. 12 pages of any beer would be incredible but from one country? Wow!

Seriously, DLane and Digindirt, if you're going to overdose on chocolate, then Leonidas is the way to go.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Hmm,. must be special. Named after a famous mythical king, I think. (damn my interest in Mythology!) Is it easily available throughout the northeast? And the beers; how did the Belgians end up making some of the best in the world?

I have been doing a little research: http://www.leonidas-chocolate.com/?gclid=COHCu J65lLcCFUJN4AodlhoAZg
Last edited by Greysolon on 14.05.2013, 02:50; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Have you noticed that a love of one good thing (food, or perfume, or wine) inevitably leads to another new round of other good things to be enjoyed?

Yes, and you people are going to make me go broke! Shocked
If you have a grocery store with a large beer selection you can usually find the larger Belgian labels such as Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, Chimay, Leffe Blonde.

I was looking at the Leonidas site and was disappointed to see they did not carry their signature sea shell shapes. They must taste different from everything else, right? Wink
11 years ago
I have been looking at the Leonidas with one eye. If I only see half of what they have, then I will only be half tempted.

Nearby there is a superb wine store that has a special room where you can make an appointment to buy very pricey wine. They also sell many of the imported beers. I normally get the store staff to recommend something when I go there, there's so much to chose from.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Digindirt:
I have been wondering what kind of chocolate will go goo with breakfast. Since you all are in the no chocolate corner, I'll eat enough for everybody.

ANY chocolate goes well for breakfast, but make sure it has a few nuts in it for the protein.

Laughing

Hope you are feeling better Digindirt.
11 years ago
I think you are just very tired DD...you do work very hard, and run around a lot, attending all you sons school things etc. You are a great Mom, and with your work, which alone is a hard job), you have so many hours in the day to do everything! We all have off days, and a really good nights sleep....can help a lot! Of course, the chocolate is purely medicinal!! Wink Perhaps a course of multi-vitamins would help as well! I always take my multi vitamins, as they help me keep my strength up!! Smile
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
I think you are just very tired DD...you do work very hard, and run around a lot, attending all you sons school things etc. You are a great Mom, and with your work, which alone is a hard job), you have so many hours in the day to do everything! We all have off days, and a really good nights sleep....can help a lot! Of course, the chocolate is purely medicinal!! Wink Perhaps a course of multi-vitamins would help as well! I always take my multi vitamins, as they help me keep my strength up!! Smile

She is ok Dalmajen, she just overloaded on CHOCOLATES. She should have shared with us. Razz
11 years ago
I have been looking out my window all morning, waiting on FEDX. Poor guy will be jumped as soon as he gets out the truck. I am waiting for my vintage Diorama and other fragrances. I will take pictures for you. Surprised
651 - 675 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to