Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

2051 - 2075 by 4531
11 years ago
WolfM:

Yesss! Congrats Beachgirl you are the winner!
Are freaking kidding me?!! Whew! WolfM, now I don't have to put a curse on you! Thanks!
11 years ago
Oh no! Now I have to put my thinking cap on. Very Happy I'll get back with you guys later tonight, that is if I don't get blown away by a tornado.
11 years ago
Okay, maybe there is a need some explanation?
According to the most popular version of the legend - Phoenix lives for centuries, and of every 500 years (as much as subsisted a Roman Republic)*
upon reaching the end of its lifetime it build a nest or funeral pyre of frankincense, spices and myrth (basis that I mean)*;
Greek and Roman legend told of a bird of brilliant red plumage that emitted pure sunlight (radiate like a sun)*.
Joanne Kathleen Rowling used it at least once* - the fifth Harry Potter novel, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
And "there is a connection with the right answer" when Beachgirl suggested Oriflame
11 years ago
Beachgirl2:
WolfM:

Yesss! Congrats Beachgirl you are the winner!
Are freaking kidding me?!! Whew! WolfM, now I don't have to put a curse on you! Thanks!

Congrats BeachGirl! now get into a basement and keep yourself safe! Shocked
11 years ago
Hey Guys, No I live in Oklahoma and at this moment tornado sirens are going off. Right now tornados ARE indeed whirling about the state so I'm in no frame of mind to continue in the game. Someone else will have to take my turn. Thanks guys!
11 years ago
Beachgirl2:
Hey Guys, No I live in Oklahoma and at this moment tornado sirens are going off. Right now tornados ARE indeed whirling about the state so I'm in no frame of mind to continue in the game. Someone else will have to take my turn. Thanks guys!

Be safe Beach. Report back later once they call all clear.
11 years ago
WolfM:
Okay, maybe there is a need some explanation?
According to the most popular version of the legend - Phoenix lives for centuries, and of every 500 years (as much as subsisted a Roman Republic)*
upon reaching the end of its lifetime it build a nest or funeral pyre of frankincense, spices and myrth (basis that I mean)*;
Greek and Roman legend told of a bird of brilliant red plumage that emitted pure sunlight (radiate like a sun)*.
Joanne Kathleen Rowling used it at least once* - the fifth Harry Potter novel, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
And "there is a connection with the right answer" when Beachgirl suggested Oriflame

Way way way over my head! Congratulations Beach girl, I didn't even participate and my brain is fried!
11 years ago
Eep! Give us a holler Beachie so we know you're okay.
11 years ago
Oh,sorry guys!!! Yes, I'm ok, the tornados didn't come near my part of the city this time. I live just north of Oklahoma City in Edmond and all the tornados seemed to be hitting the south and southwest side of town. Unfortunately many others didn't fare so well. I think there were 9 killed (2 of them children) and 75 or so hospitalized. It was just terrible! Thanks for all your concern!!
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Flaconneur:
Sorry, I object to the clue! BABA is not an honorific. It's a term of endearment.
According to Wikipedia it is, though not in Western culture. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_%28honorific%29
Does that suffice?

I'm not certain that Wikipedia is authoritative. Perhaps your clue could have read like this instead:

"A Persian honorific for West and South Asian cultures and a piece of material make up the fragrance name."

Then I would have won!
11 years ago
Beachgirl2:
Oh,sorry guys!!! Yes, I'm ok, the tornados didn't come near my part of the city this time. I live just north of Oklahoma City in Edmond and all the tornados seemed to be hitting the south and southwest side of town. Unfortunately many others didn't fare so well. I think there were 9 killed (2 of them children) and 75 or so hospitalized. It was just terrible! Thanks for all your concern!!

Glad you're O.K., Beachgirl2. It's terrible the amount of tornado damage that seem to be occurring in Oklahoma in the last few weeks. My thought go out to the families effected by these nature disasters.
11 years ago
Thank you so much Flaconneur! I've had quite enough of hiding from tornados in the last two weeks to last me a lifetime. But my discomfort can't even come close to the suffering and horror that others in this state have experienced. Thanks again you guys for all your concern!

Debbie/BG2
11 years ago
"24, Faubourg - Jeu Des Omnibus Et Dames Blanches Hermes" by Hermès.
11 years ago
So small omnibuses exist, but "Dames Blanches" not look like this at all:

I thought it refers to Équipage
11 years ago
Calèche by Hermès
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
I'm not certain that Wikipedia is authoritative. Perhaps your clue could have read like this instead:

"A Persian honorific for West and South Asian cultures and a piece of material make up the fragrance name."

Then I would have won!
Then I better consult you in future, before I decide on any clues. Wink
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Calèche by Hermès

I think you're right Smile ( this Calèche is exactly what I would prefer to rent for a tour)
11 years ago
This fragrance shares its name with a remote mountain fortress.
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Flaconneur:

Then I would have won!
Then I better consult you in future, before I decide on any clues. Wink

LOL! Not necessary, MiaVonTrost. Wink
2051 - 2075 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to