Search Forum

I have been.......

1401 - 1425 by 2160
11 years ago
I have been inspired to contemplate modern communication devices. Wink
11 years ago
Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyRolling EyesVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
11 years ago
I saw a woman and her teenage granddaughter out together for dinner the other night, just the two of them. In the course of 30 minutes they conversed for about 3 minutes. The rest of the time the girl was staring at her phone and texting. I felt so sad for that grandma.
11 years ago
Those texting habits while driving really concern me. I see it all the time as I'm sure you all see it as well.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been walking Finn this morning in one of Allentown's beautiful parks. (Trexler Park) It is very large and laid out in the grand English style of landscaping of the 18th century. Here is an image. Too bad he can't run off-leash!

Oh how I envy that beautiful park!!
As for your niece's husband, good for her for not tolerating that!

What I always ask sarcastically is, When and how did everyone suddenly become so interesting that their friends can't go a minute without reading their latest comment (usually about themselves)? It's just a big mess of boredom feeding off of narcissism that often results in rudeness.

In the restaurant I fantasized about whispering in that teenager's ear, "When your grandma dies and goes to Heaven, you won't be able to text her there, better get your face time in now while you still can."
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
You're right, Dulcemio. Teenagers don't have a grasp of the brevity of life and relationships. The man I spoke of earlier, the niece's ex husband, was in his early 40s, so clearly it's not just an age issue any longer.

True. I do notice, though, that the more obsessed with screens a person is, the younger they tend to be, but there are many exceptions.
11 years ago
Very beautiful photo Dlane. Pretty soon, I'm going to visit the arboretum where I volunteer and hopefully come home with some beautiful photos.

I took some photos on the way home yesterday, the sky was beautiful.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
I saw a woman and her teenage granddaughter out together for dinner the other night, just the two of them. In the course of 30 minutes they conversed for about 3 minutes. The rest of the time the girl was staring at her phone and texting. I felt so sad for that grandma.
Yes, I see this sort of thing, every evening! As my sons run a Restaurant, on the ground floor of my home, I see them all sitting on the dining terraces, with their damn phones and ipads. Mind you, these are the younger gen., or teens. Thank goodness that the majority of the diners are more interested in their dinner plate, and conversation at the table. In most of the cafe bars in town, it seems there is no coffee chat anymore...just staring at the phone screens. Sad
11 years ago
I have been naive, and bought a packet of herbal diet thingies. Anti kilogram...how's that for an original name!!! Needless to say...money thrown out of the window would of been easier than swallowing those little devils! Maybe I should have given up food, and my 2 glasses of wine in the evening for the buggers to work!! Wink
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I tried that sort of thing last week--the pills actually made me feel terrible, as if I had consumed 10 cups of coffee all at once. I threw them away!
I don' think I could give up my wine to lose weight; life isn't worth living if we deny ourselves everything we love.
Now I know why I ADMIRE you so much!! I have been laughing at myself ever since I purchased the damn things!! Laughing
11 years ago
Finn is great he makes me chuckle.

"I'm just helping mom" so says Finn.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I vividly recall the beautiful summer skies of Maryland that we witnessed while living there, truly extraordinary. The thunderstorms were something else entirely; fearsome and really frightening. The world is full of beauty, no matter where we live.

I adored Baltimore the one time I visited, despite the hair-do sabotaging humidity of June (what was I thinking?) The city and its outskirts are so charming and so green, and it has by far the best aquarium I've ever seen.

Though I hear the winter winds off the Chesapeake can cut through thick wool coats like butter. Laughing
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been baking a cake for my husband, who returns tomorrow. As always, Finn is nearby, supervising my activities in the kitchen. Here he is performing the important task of prewashing my dishes. Don't know what I'd do without him.

My cat does the same thing with the bottom rack. Animals are more useful than I assumed!
11 years ago
Oh Dlane, Finn is such a darling little helper! I love it when dogs lend a hand (or tongue) with kitchen chores, no time for boredom when they are around.

I've been not_enjoying the weather. For two days in a row I've been cancelling my mandatory evening jogging gig upon seeing distant lightnings and hearing thunder, but eventually it's never actually rained! Mad
11 years ago
I have been celebrating my birthday this morning with Kahlua and coffee. Cool
Last edited by Cincy on 06.08.2013, 14:50; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
I mispelled Embarassed only after one coffee.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
1401 - 1425 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to