Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

1026 - 1050 by 1338
11 years ago
ChapeauClack:
Can't be helped. They just bring out the puerile in me.

Laughing
Some tea, or... Whatever

35 Hilarious Chinese Translation Fails:
www.boredpanda.com/funny-chinese-translation-f ails/
11 years ago
@WolfM, for all your Engrish needs...

www.engrish.com/

I used to visit this site all the time in high school. Razz
11 years ago
ROFL
Now you know what my life here is like Laughing
11 years ago
When I was a kid, I thought the English translations were so eloquent and beautiful. Now I know they just make no sense! But some of them are innocently cute.
11 years ago
Maybe that´s the point actually. After all, being kawai (or ke'ai in Chinese, meaning lovable/cute) literally means nearly everything to the currently 30 yr old generation.
11 years ago
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Physics for 2013 to
François Englert and Peter W. Higgs for the discovery of the Higgs boson (or Brout–Englert–Higgs boson).
This discovery, and the awarded theory are monumental breakthrough in physics, as well as DNA for biology.

www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laurea tes/2013/press.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
11 years ago
Wasn't it discovered years ago? I wonder what took them so long to acknowledge it. SLOWPOKES! Laughing
11 years ago
Yes, but the theory was confirmed only last year, by the discovery of a Higgs particle at the CERN's particle collider labs.
11 years ago
OK, not slowpokes then.
Amazing stuff really.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
This is too funny. Read an article...
I always knew Allentown was like no other place. Whether this is good or bad I can't really say!

Dlane1953:
...an 80 year old Burlesque Queen... still performs ...

11 years ago
11 years ago
11 years ago
I believe I once met a woman from "Estee Lauder." Wink
11 years ago
To the departed member in case she's still tuning in,
Just to clarify, the use of computer generated French was not a good idea for two reasons:
One, those fluent in French would surely find it irritating at best and probably more difficult to understand than basic English, assuming that's all they have, and
Two, those not fluent in French but wanting to learn would be misled by faulty phrasing.
For example, once when you meant "it's a shame" or "it's a pity", you typed "c'est une honte" which is a literal translation, but bad French. The idiomatic expression (which the free online translators aren't good at) is "c'est dommage." (I know just enough French to recognize computer generated gobbleydegook. Not enjoyable to read.)
I hope this helps you in future endeavors. Smile
11 years ago
I thought somethin' wasn't right that French...
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
To the departed member in case she's still tuning in,
Just to clarify, the use of computer generated French was not a good idea for two reasons:
One, those fluent in French would surely find it irritating at best and probably more difficult to understand than basic English, assuming that's all they have, and
Two, those not fluent in French but wanting to learn would be misled by faulty phrasing.
For example, once when you meant "it's a shame" or "it's a pity", you typed "c'est une honte" which is a literal translation, but bad French. The idiomatic expression (which the free online translators aren't good at) is "c'est dommage." (I know just enough French to recognize computer generated gobbleydegook. Not enjoyable to read.)
I hope this helps you in future endeavors. Smile

To be blunt... I'm going to be a lazy American and say I'm not going to bother translating something unless the site is predominantly in another language. I sort of understand the point that this is an international forum, but French is not fitting for the demographic here; and as you said, the translation appeared poor.

Not related: Whoooa, who is this little buddy?

11 years ago
Isn't this the friendly bot that announces a 404 error? Adorable Smile
11 years ago
Coq au Vin is indeed a delicious dish... Mmmm Yum Yum.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1vXovXn-M
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DSgsON3u8E
11 years ago
Bhawahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Dolby you are bad to the bone. oxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
11 years ago
Cincy:
Dolby you are bad to the bone.

I know
Embarassed
xo
11 years ago
Dolby:
Coq au Vin is indeed a delicious dish... Mmmm Yum Yum.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1vXovXn-M
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DSgsON3u8E

Oh Dolby, I had forgotten about those!!!! And you included my fave, CNDP!

Here's one I just discovered (so concise and accurate!):

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IHkw_GdLX8I
1026 - 1050 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to