Search Forum

I have been.......

1776 - 1800 by 2160
11 years ago
All year I have been beat-down busy working as a chef. After 25 years of it, I was extremely unhappy with having less time for my personal life and just simply being physically drained.

Two weeks ago I grew a set of balls and put my notice of resignation in.

I had no safety net as far as another job waiting in the wings. That's how unhappy I had become.

Now, I find myself in what is probably the most distrusted profession on earth.

Say hello to a new Cadillac salesman. Cool
11 years ago
Thanks Diane Smile

At least now, I'll be able to find time again fairly soon to delve back into the hobby !
11 years ago
AromiErotici:
All year I have been beat-down busy working as a chef. After 25 years of it, I was extremely unhappy with having less time for my personal life and just simply being physically drained.

Two weeks ago I grew a set of balls and put my notice of resignation in.

I had no safety net as far as another job waiting in the wings. That's how unhappy I had become.

Now, I find myself in what is probably the most distrusted profession on earth.

Say hello to a new Cadillac salesman. Cool

Nice!! I am going through a similar phase in my life, albeit not 25 years' worth. I hope you enjoy what you do at your new job and congratulations!
11 years ago
Thanks Hayven. I'm sure you'll find your way as well when the time is right.
11 years ago
I have been thinking that most people HAVE to work, just to make a paycheck.

Few are determined enough to truly forego everything comfortable, just to choose the job for the sake of passionate involvement.
11 years ago
I am enjoying the same weather too, Dlane. Fall is a great season.
11 years ago
I have been drilling myself to catch an early bus for the time when I shall be babysitting my first grandchild. The baby is due on November 5th, the babysitting starts in January. Then there will be snow and ice ... and umbrella, and gloves, and ... and ... The least I can do is do the drill now with the alarm clock at 5:00 AM and out the door at 5:30 AM and "pretend" to take the bus early on at the bus stop in front of the building to Mineola out in Long Island. I did a few actual test runs already, to be at the door in Mineola at 7:30 AM sharp, so that new mom can depart with the car to Manhattan.
That will keep me on my toes.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Ouch, Pipette, that's a demanding schedule.

Yeah, but that is nothing for the reality when the baby is really here and is demanding space and attention ...

I remember when my sons were little, that the hardest for me was to constantly be "on the alert". Like, with an adult one can say, "I will be with you in a sec ..." and the adult would say, "Sure ..." and with the infant ... wow, it begins with "waah, waah" and if one does not react and fulfills the (whatever) need, it augments into "waah, waah, WAAH, WAAH, WAAAAAAAHHHH !!!!!"
11 years ago
Pipette:
I have been drilling myself to catch an early bus for the time when I shall be babysitting my first grandchild. The baby is due on November 5th, the babysitting starts in January. Then there will be snow and ice ... and umbrella, and gloves, and ... and ... The least I can do is do the drill now with the alarm clock at 5:00 AM and out the door at 5:30 AM and "pretend" to take the bus early on at the bus stop in front of the building to Mineola out in Long Island. I did a few actual test runs already, to be at the door in Mineola at 7:30 AM sharp, so that new mom can depart with the car to Manhattan.
That will keep me on my toes.

What a commute! But it will be worth it to be part of the little one's life.
11 years ago
Aromi, congratulations on taking a such a bold step! Good for you. The job is where we spend most of our time, it should at least be tolerable!

Pipette, what a feat! Your grandchild is lucky to have such a devoted grandma Smile
I've been careless enough to challenge my husband to a bakers' battle. Now there's no escape from cinnamon rolls. Ugh!
11 years ago
Dlane,
the battle's still on. So far I've been winning 2:1. I wonder what he comes up with next!

Does Finn ever blow off enough steam? he looks like he's one of those dogs with an endless resource Laughing
11 years ago
I have been...back and forth on a plane for a day (two days ago) to attend a job interview out of state. I got the job. I start mid-November which will give me plenty of time to move, settle in, and get some time at the poolside. Cool I still have another paycheck coming in from my previous job with my PTO cashed out so I'll be fine until then.
11 years ago
I have been following your posts, Hayven, and wish you the best of luck. Cheers.
11 years ago
I have been reading the posts...

Congratulations to Aromi, Hayven, and Pipette.

CC, cinnamon rolls yummmmmm
11 years ago
Thanks, ladies.

This calls for a round of cinnamon rolls--they're on me.

11 years ago
I have been snake watching. Twisted Evil

Going for my daily walk and look what I saw.
1776 - 1800 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to