Search Forum

Do You Ever Have Why Do I Bother? Days

Do You Ever Have Why Do I Bother? Days 10 years ago
I had a crazy day today, I thought would be a interview/slash training day and I was expertly groomed, showered with a neutral unscented soap, and a fresh citrus sea salt bar just for good measure- 2 types of deodorants, sleek hair -3 hours- chose Jo Malone's Lime Basil Mandarin (just 2 sprays, so as to not offend anybody's chemical sensitivities) and I ended up driving around with a cigar smoking conservative right wing pig in his filthy car as we went to visit a filthy restaurant, and egg processing factory and a smoked salmon factory- at least they gave me a pound of free smoked salmon! I smelled so gross when I got back to my car, I didn't even want to get into my car---which is filthy, but doesn't wreak of that rotten cigar smell. Ugh! Ever have one of those days where you brought your "A-Game" and you find yourself wading through the swamp?
10 years ago
Sometimes I like the scent of cigars. No..to the smoked salmon factory.

When something goes wrong on a given day it seems it continues throughout the day for me. Thank goodness I don't have them days often.
10 years ago
@ Flavorite - well, you are a princess and threw your pearls to the pigs. Remain a princess nonetheless, it is worth it.
10 years ago
Count your blessings, Flavorite. You were olfactorily assaulted, yes, but at least you didn't embarrass yourself.

This might possibly be TMI, but one time years ago I went on a business trip with my boss and my boss' boss to visit a few clients in a certain geographical area and take a tour of their factories. Well, on this one day my bladder became extremely overactive (I'm pretty sure it was due to the over-consumption of coffee to counteract an almost complete lack of sleep the night before, because nothing like this has happened to me prior or since) and in the course of three client visits in one day I must've visited the clients' collective restrooms no fewer than 15 times.

Actually, I think my boss was more embarrassed than I was, I don't embarrass too easily, and I laughed everytime I had to excuse myself from a meeting or tour. Needless to say, I got teased about that around the office for quite a while.
10 years ago
LOL! The Hiring Manager called and wanted to proceed with the hiring process today! No Thanks! Fortunately a better offer came through today also...one that may involve bad smelling food plants but not cigars. I am just trying to focus on the lovely bottle of fragrance I will be able to buy myself with my first paycheck Smile Ahhh, all better!
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Count your blessings, Flavorite. You were olfactorily assaulted, yes, but at least you didn't embarrass yourself.

This might possibly be TMI, but one time years ago I went on a business trip with my boss and my boss' boss to visit a few clients in a certain geographical area and take a tour of their factories. Well, on this one day my bladder became extremely overactive (I'm pretty sure it was due to the over-consumption of coffee to counteract an almost complete lack of sleep the night before, because nothing like this has happened to me prior or since) and in the course of three client visits in one day I must've visited the clients' collective restrooms no fewer than 15 times.

Actually, I think my boss was more embarrassed than I was, I don't embarrass too easily, and I laughed everytime I had to excuse myself from a meeting or tour. Needless to say, I got teased about that around the office for quite a while.

OMG!I have had one of these days- too much coffee or something, too during an 8 hour Customer audit in a big grocery store!!! At some point I said "I swear, I don't have some weird disorder...."(this didn't strengthen my case). It's pretty funny, my trainer must have thought "She'll" never cut it in this job, with that problem". I know what you mean- it's not funny at the time- but yet- it's just the call of nature, what can you do?
10 years ago
Sounds like an awful day to me, Flavorite. Yeesh!

I think I wore Miss Dior Cherie, my special occasion perfume, when I was moving a couch and other items the other day. I was anticipating a nice luncheon, the couch moving was very spontaneous. Razz
10 years ago
The day before my grandson was born, my steering was shimmying so I went to the mechanic. He said my two wheels had to be rotated. He did that. That night, one of those tires went flat. My insurance policy has a rider to come out to fix it, no problem, but then I had to get a spare the next day before I could drive down the 60 miles to see her and the baby. So I missed the actual birth. I went to the garage that had fixed the first problem with the tires and told them what happened, they look at the original tire, supposedly fix it, and off I go, back with a spare on. On my way down to see my daughter and my new grandson. On my way, I get another flat tire. It's the same tire. I call my insurance company again, they come out. The guy tells me it's the stem. Which was the original problem supposedly. He takes my original spare, changes the tire, and off I go. I see my grandson. Now I have to go back to the garage, tell them they did something to the stem of the tire, and get another spare. Why did I bother? Because I wanted to see my daughter and grandson. It was all worth it. Two flat tires, still without a spare, and I still have to go back to see that mechanic. But at least I've seen my new grandson. That's what mattered!
10 years ago
Sorceress,
Nothing can stand between a grandma and her newborn grandbaby! Congratulations!

Stupid cars, can't live with'em, can't live without'em.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Do You Ever Have Why Do I Bother? Days
Jump to