Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3276 - 3300 by 4531
10 years ago
Nope... Next Clue...This person is Biblical..
10 years ago
"King Solomon" by Kings and Queens or maybe "Ars Amatoria - Queen of Sheba" by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab?
Last edited by Triffid on 26.11.2013, 21:54; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Yes you are correct. I suck at this.. Hopefully I will get better with practice..
10 years ago
MicallefLuv1:
Yes you are correct. I suck at this.. Hopefully I will get better with practice..

Nope! It is not you...she is good.

We need to ban her from playing the game.
Just joking
Last edited by Cincy on 26.11.2013, 22:01; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
I just edited my answer and when I came back, I saw your reply so I'm guessing it was Queen of Sheba?
You do not suck! Most people get mine straight away as well. It's good to have a brisk turnover sometimes, otherwise players get discouraged by the challenge. There's something for everyone here!
I will be back soon - I have nothing prepared!
Oh dear Cincy, should I retire for a bit? I don't want to be a hog!
10 years ago
No no no no, my dear Triffid you can't leave our most popular game. Just wanted to give you a pat on the back. Everyone needs some praise now and then don't you think Confused:
10 years ago
I agree!! I am learning from you all!! I love playing this game!
10 years ago
Excellent, on with the game....
I had a tricky clue lined up but it wasn't working for me today, so here's another throwaway...

Did Jesus wear a fragrance?
Perhaps a birthday gift?
Some ancient fragrant resin
To make the spirits lift;

You think you know the answer,
But which brand would He pick?
The name that sounds most Christian
Would likely do the trick;

The brand name is quite blatant,
Perhaps a little crass,
They named the scent in Hebrew
To add a little class.
10 years ago
Hmmm the gifts were frankincense, myrrh and gold... Can't get a Hebrew connection here yet...Anais is Hebrew Christian Lacroix is pretty chritian, hmmm going back to put my thinking cap on.
10 years ago
I was inspired by your Biblical theme....
And this brand sells both his gifts...and not much else...
10 years ago
MicallefLuv1, you were on the right track with your first thoughts - maybe you just need a translator?

If you've ever stayed in a motel in certain parts of the world, you might open a drawer to find something reminiscent of this house.
10 years ago
This one is very tough. I thought Shiloh for gift in Hebrew by HHors la Monde.... But isn't think that's it. I will keep on thinking.
10 years ago
Don't overthink it M, the clues so far:

1. A biblical theme (in a blatantly obvious way)
2. Gifts for Jesus
3. This house isn't offering much
4. A Hebrew translation (see clue 2)
5. Something you might find in the drawer of a motel

Additional clue:
This line may have been inspired by (or marketed in conjunction with) a recent, Christian-themed, made-for-television series where the intentions were good but the character acting was more wooden than Noah's Ark.

(hint: you can use the Parfumo brand directory and search function to good effect).
10 years ago
Is it Levona by The Bible Fragrance?
10 years ago
The bible fragrance Myrr? I am over thinking it!
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Is it Levona by The Bible Fragrance?

"Levona" is correct Perfumecrazy, well done! Levona is the Hebrew word for frankincense.
MicallefLuv1, I am so sorry - you were so close, you got the brand in the end, and I know you persisted with this one.

I couldn't find any info on this house. With hundreds of myrrh and frankincense perfumes out there, this line, with only two fragrances, seems totally redundant. I still suspect they have something to do with the above mentioned 'The Bible' TV series - perhaps to lure a few devotees of the show who wouldn't normally wear these scents. Who knows.

Perfumecrazy, we look forward to guessing your clues.
10 years ago
Oh crud. Lol. Is that the game? If you win, you need to formulate some clues for the next one? I should probably have read some of the posts before I jumped in... Will have to get back to you on this.
10 years ago
Yes, you have to be ready to win! No rush, players seem to drift in and out. You can always ask someone else to step up for you. Perhaps MicallefLuv1 wants to seek revenge for the fruitless investigation on the last one?
10 years ago
Ok, here goes nothing...
1. Greek goddess of harvest
2. Model/photographer/judge
3. Greed 1987-style
10 years ago
Demeter Nigel Barker Wall street
10 years ago
Bingo!!!
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Bingo!!!
ooh I got one!!! Yay for me!!! Doing the happy dance... Laughing
10 years ago
I go away for a minute and look what's happened!
10 years ago
Ok here is my first clue:

This house loves lots of colors and can be quite nippy...
10 years ago
hmm...nippy, as in cold, or nippy as in something that bites...
I'll go with cold. Is it "White" by Colour Me?

Nope, got a better idea: "Cold" by Benetton?
3276 - 3300 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to