Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

276 - 300 by 593
10 years ago
Scarletting:
I would love to be in on it but most of it is not overseas friendly. Sad

True. Most of the bottle donors are not willing to ship outside the US. I don't really want to ship outside of the US either mostly because I am donating all of the shipping on my end. One of my lots sold to someone overseas and I shipped it only because she bought the entire lot and not a ticket.
10 years ago
Digindirt:
Scarletting:
I would love to be in on it but most of it is not overseas friendly. Sad

True. Most of the bottle donors are not willing to ship outside the US. I don't really want to ship outside of the US either mostly because I am donating all of the shipping on my end. One of my lots sold to someone overseas and I shipped it only because she bought the entire lot and not a ticket.

You are running this well. I have seen the photo with the wall full of "restaurant order" tickets. Good luck furthermore, for a very good cause.
10 years ago
Pipette:

You are running this well. I have seen the photo with the wall full of "restaurant order" tickets. Good luck furthermore, for a very good cause.

Bottle and Decant donations are still coming in but no ticket sales today despite my Black Friday (a week early) sale.

I finally won one of Venus' giveaways, must be Karma Very Happy
10 years ago
Digindirt:
Pipette:

Bottle and Decant donations are still coming in but no ticket sales today despite my Black Friday (a week early) sale.

Is it still possible to participate somehow?

Anyway on topic (flogging this dead horse again), I found Fragrantica first and still love it as a source of information. I have precious little idea of what went/still goes down in the forums, I never even got that far, just didn't seem like a place for me... I just got tired of wading through some truly worthless comments in perfume reviews and article comments and have since been more active in a local discussion board than either F or Parfumo. Lately though I've been frequenting Parfumo, generally for the same reasons stated by others here. I like lurking and reading through topics (even the long ones lol) but I hope my contribution stays positive, I like this site a lot!
10 years ago
Sweetgrass:
Digindirt:
Pipette:

Is it still possible to participate somehow?

Anyway on topic (flogging this dead horse again), I found Fragrantica first and still love it as a source of information. I have precious little idea of what went/still goes down in the forums, I never even got that far, just didn't seem like a place for me... I just got tired of wading through some truly worthless comments in perfume reviews and article comments and have since been more active in a local discussion board than either F or Parfumo. Lately though I've been frequenting Parfumo, generally for the same reasons stated by others here. I like lurking and reading through topics (even the long ones lol) but I hope my contribution stays positive, I like this site a lot!

Pm sent!
Raffle Tickets are dirt cheap today.

I tend to spend more time on Fragrantica because people know and trust me there. People know and trust me on Parfumo but you have to be careful asking people for money. On Fragrantica, I have given away a lot more than I would ever collect in this giveaway. Hopefully some of the recipients of my giveaways will donate.
10 years ago
I just popped over to the 'F' word and all the fans are feverishly trying to figure out what perfume Katniss would wear... Laughing There are at least 2 threads devoted to this and as I am incredibly impressionable I started wondering what, indeed, the answer to that question is! Then I panicked and flicked back to Parfumo where sanity prevails. Phew.
10 years ago 1
Perfumecrazy:
I just popped over to the 'F' word and all the fans are feverishly trying to figure out what perfume Katniss would wear... Laughing There are at least 2 threads devoted to this and as I am incredibly impressionable I started wondering what, indeed, the answer to that question is! Then I panicked and flicked back to Parfumo where sanity prevails. Phew.

But Katniss wouldn't even wear a perfume? It'd waft to animals while she was hunting and scare them away. It would be an expense she'd never be able to rationalise when actual necessities are scarce. Not to mention it would remind her of the Capitol and all its excess. Don't even *think* of giving her a rose based perfume!
10 years ago
"Katniss" ... hunger games ... it probably has a rebellious appeal to the young Fragrantica crowd. So, link a perfume to it.

Perfumes are fantasy anyway.

I remember that in the old days of my Fragrantica presence, we had a great game topic going, with dungeons, tiny dragons being bred, and witches brew perfume concoctions being invented. The fantasies and bantering were hilarious.

All in the space of the fake world internet. Where almost anything goes, if there are followers to the idea.

No different from well-thought-out video games, also performed on the screen from a keyboard.

I am not suggesting that fantasy games ought to be started here, but the Parfumo Forums need a little more life and spontaneity.
10 years ago
Nice here
Last edited by Denoula on 23.01.2014, 00:05; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Well, then come here more often!
Last edited by Pipette on 23.01.2014, 00:27; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Scarletting:
Perfumecrazy:

But Katniss wouldn't even wear a perfume? It'd waft to animals while she was hunting and scare them away. It would be an expense she'd never be able to rationalise when actual necessities are scarce. Not to mention it would remind her of the Capitol and all its excess. Don't even *think* of giving her a rose based perfume!

Totally agree although she might be convinced to wear something for her promotional appearances as the 'girl on fire' (maybe). I must say, one poster called 'Beaker' made me laugh - they inserted perfumes but edited the names so there were things like;
Britney Spears Boobytrapped Island Fantasy and Viktor & Rolf Flowerbombing of District 13. Laughing I almost spilt my tea.
10 years ago
Sweetgrass won my Worldwide LOT.

She won: 4.5ml of each Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la route de Madagascar Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique Guerlain Mayotte and 2.5ml of each Guerlain L'Heure Bleue edt (lot 1x01, from 2011) Guerlain Guerlain Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas Photo on my album and 15 ml of Tauer Une Rose Vermeille Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Creme de Pistache.
There is a photo in my album.
Somebody just won Lutens La Fille de Berlin 1.7 oz bottle for just $2
10 years ago
Digindirt:
Sweetgrass won my Worldwide LOT.

She won: 4.5ml of each Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la route de Madagascar Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique Guerlain Mayotte and 2.5ml of each Guerlain L'Heure Bleue edt (lot 1x01, from 2011) Guerlain Guerlain Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas Photo on my album and 15 ml of Tauer Une Rose Vermeille Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Creme de Pistache.
There is a photo in my album.
Somebody just won Lutens La Fille de Berlin 1.7 oz bottle for just $2

I am really happy for this and really encourage Parfumo folks from the US to participate!
10 years ago
I need a think tank. If anyone could help me brainstorm to think of new ideas for my fundraiser I'm all ears. Right now its just a raffle since bottle sales are not allowed. What fragrances would people buy tickets for? Im trying to get people to donate a decant, those can be sold as a collection.
10 years ago
Bottle sales are allowed on Parfumo though.
10 years ago
Digindirt:
I need a think tank. If anyone could help me brainstorm to think of new ideas for my fundraiser I'm all ears. Right now its just a raffle since bottle sales are not allowed. What fragrances would people buy tickets for? Im trying to get people to donate a decant, those can be sold as a collection.

I have a suggestion as to how to get around Fragrantica's bottle sale prohibition. You could post conspicuously on your thread or in your profile that you are respecting zoka's wish that the swap section not be used for bottle sales; however, certain items in your collection as well as bottles that have been donated are for sale for the right price as part of the fundraiser for Pansylady. Idea
10 years ago
I came from fragrantica. Must say I love this site a lot better, ok I might not be as clued up about fragrances than most members but I have been welcomed warmly here. Smile
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Bottle sales are allowed on Parfumo though.

Thank you for the reminder.

@ Cryptic, that's a good idea. I think I will add that line to my topic and to my profile right now.
10 years ago
Rachel86:
I came from fragrantica. Must say I love this site a lot better, ok I might not be as clued up about fragrances than most members but I have been welcomed warmly here. Smile

Rachel, welcome to the site. Many of us are on Parfumo because it's a bit smaller and has a close knit, easy going membership. Well, at least most of the time. Shocked

A big difference between Parfumo and Fragrantica (or Bassnotes) is how welcoming members are in the forums. On Bassnotes, whenever I posted an opinion, I felt as though I was about to be mugged in the bad section of town. Not the case here!
10 years ago
On Fragrantica, there is a section "Individual Members" topics. This is pretty much the only spot I still use. It is a personal spot, almost like Facebook but without the photos. There is nothing professional or perfume-related about it.

Perfume conversations and professional interchange takes place on the large sphere of the Discussion Forums. In that way, Basenotes, Fragrantica, Parfumo all are a touch impersonal because it is the perfume subject matter that is being elaborated upon.

The personal corners develop slowly as the members get to know one another.

Basenotes reminds me of New York City "Grand Central Station" where people run and pass each other.

Fragrantica reminds me of "sleep over romper room" with young folks exchanging opinions.

Parfumo reminds me of a "neatly arranged perfume boutique with shelves and everything available at the finger tips" and a crowd that is yet too small and only growing a little.
Troll 10 years ago
So, over at Fragrantica a Troll was recognized. Then he said, "I am leaving, good bye" and 3 pages with 70 posts followed this ego-centered announcement.
If somebody wants to leave, LEAVE. And the crowd should not feed into this, not with even one single post. Except, "Good bye."
10 years ago
Lots of people announce they are leaving in public. I don't understand it but its very common.
10 years ago
Digindirt:
Lots of people announce they are leaving in public. I don't understand it but its very common.

Well, they want sympathy. "Please stay. Please stay."
10 years ago
Yes, and "some" don't just announce their goodbyes, but go as far as setting up a poll (yes, you read that right) to know whether they are worshiped on said forum or not.

Talk about desperation, so to that " someone ", kindly do us all a favour and remember the saying regarding people who live in glass houses.

Ah thank you.
Rolling Eyes
10 years ago
Greysolon:
Rachel, welcome to the site.
+1

Greysolon:
On Bassnotes whenever I posted an opinion, I felt as though I was about to be mugged in the bad section of town.
276 - 300 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to