Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3326 - 3350 by 4531
10 years ago
Well done, Greysolon, they are indeed the couple i had in mind. Surprised
I think one dates back to the 1920s - how progressive.
I eagerly await your clues.
10 years ago
Triffid:
Well done, Greysolon, they are indeed the couple i had in mind. Surprised
I think one dates back to the 1920s - how progressive.
I eagerly await your clues.

Sorry! Had to work for a while this morning so missed seeing that I got the correct answer. Be back in a few with a clue...
10 years ago
I hope a word search puzzle will work in this format...

Some of you may have solved this word search grid on my personal Parfumo page. If so, you'll have to wait for the next question to take part in the quiz. Sorry!

There are 20 well know designer fragrance brands hidden in the grid. With the exception of one house, all the names are a single word. Just click on the photo to enlarge.

Only reveal your answer when you have all 20 houses so no one can snipe your solution!
10 years ago
I'm on it G, four to go. I usually get pipped at the post with these ones. It's full steam ahead until I get stuck on the last couple of answers...
10 years ago
Ok, this is what I've uncovered, in no particular order:

1.Azzaro 2.Anthropologie 3.Axe 4.Dior 5.Cartier 6.Chanel 7.Gucci 8.Esprit 9.Escada 10.Mont Blanc 11.Lacoste 12.Coach 13.Burberry 14.Givenchy 15.Lalique 16.Halston 17.Hermes 18.Guess 19.Boucheron 20.Nautica

I also found "Sexy", "Nudge" and "Heffs Fury". Could these be new brands, or perhaps a subliminal message from Playboy magazine?
Those diagonal ones were a bit of an eye-crosser. Good job with the puzzle! (er...assuming I'm correct that is). Oh s**t, I hope Axe counts as a 'designer' fragrance brand!
10 years ago
Edited:
Triff, way to go! Axe, along with my -ahem- subconscious inclusion of the Playboy theme, was completely coincidental. Honest! Rather than Axe I had intended Bvlgari to be part of the list. I know, using that "romanesque" spelling is a bit misleading Very Happy But your 20 are good for the win. Congratulations!
10 years ago
Way to go! I tried last night from my hotel room (working out of town) and my eyes got cross eyed and I gave up!
10 years ago
Dammit! I diid look for Bvlgari AND with the traditional spelling. I was down to the last one and, when I saw Axe, I was dubious but convinced myself it was an appropriate companion for the other sporty brands on the list. In other words, I was slack!
Greysolon, thank you for not just announcing "you've got one wrong" thereby allowing the prize to be snatched from under my nose ( come to think of it, where is that prize? Don't we get something in the end...I assumed Parfumo headquarters were keeping the loot in storage until presentation day....)
I will return soon with the next one.
10 years ago
here we go:

Which perfume names are described by the phrases below?
What do they all have in common?

1. Crazy for England
2. HRH Elizabeth II
3. The day you wear jeans to work
4. Picture of a woman
5. A trip to the savannah
6. Equatorial rainforest
7. An undiluted toxin
8. Moonlit evening
9. Metallic star
10. Twice as much love
11. An exceptional grass
12. The fragrance
13. A bloke
14. E.T.
15. You do this before you die
10 years ago
They're all Dominique Ropion creations?

1. Crazy for England = "Anglomania"
2. HRH Elizabeth II = "My Queen"
3. The day you wear jeans to work = "Casual Friday"
4. Picture of a woman = "Portrait of a Lady"
5. A trip to the savannah = "Safari"
6. Equatorial rainforest = one of the Tresors. I'll go with "Tresor Eau de Printemps"
7. An undiluted toxin = "Pure Poison"
8. Moonlit evening = "Soir de Lune"
9. Metallic star = "Silver Sun"
10. Twice as much love = "Amor Amor"
11. An exceptional grass = "Vetiver Extraordinaire"
12. The fragrance = "Le Parfum"
13. A bloke = "L'Homme"
14. E.T. = "Alien"
15. You do this before you die = "Live"
10 years ago
ALMOST 100% Cryptic (er - could you re-evaluate #6. 'equatorial rainforest'?).
I was quite stunned to see the variety and quantity of Dominique Ropion's output and just how many have become mainstream classics. The man must know how to work to a budget and a brief and still produce something noteworthy.
10 years ago
That was my best guess, Triffid. Someone else can jump in if they know it. Wink
10 years ago
Well, you get the prize anyway, Cryptic. I fudged one of Greysolons puzzle clues but he was magnaminous enough to accept my answer, and so it shall be with yours.
If you want to take another stab at #6 anyway, I could add that there might be elephants (or tigers!).
10 years ago
Ah, one of the Kenzo Jungles -- what great perfumes. I couldn't come up with a rainforest other than the Tresor one, unfortunately.

One house, six perfumes:
10 years ago
I'm guessing the house is Alkemia and the perfumes, from left to right, are:
"Ambre III: Naiad", "Black Roses". "Antares", "Sandscape", "Persephone Pomegranate" and "Arabesque".
10 years ago
All your guesses are correct except for the first photo, Triffid.
10 years ago
Oh, not a water nymph, perhaps "La Sirena"?
10 years ago
I knew you'd get it, you rock at this game. Very Happy
10 years ago
As do you, Cryptic! Kudos for thoughtful selection and time-consuming sourcing of the pics.
I have been trying to design a puzzle "Designer To Niche In Several Easy Steps" - one of those ones where you change a letter of the first word, rearrange them, and come up with a new word each time to finally arrive at the destination word. e.g. Bulgari to Montale, with each step along the way being a perfume/house. Very challenging and too difficult so far.
I shall return in due course with a clue - the pace of the game has left me short (I should stop answering, really).
10 years ago
The next one;
Is he a superhero,
This new millenium man?
He must wear bluish-purple
And I bet he has a tan!

His flankers are disguises,
There's six of them in all,
Be sure to wear dark glasses
When they're paying you a call!

What is the original superhero-sounding fragrance (IMO) and who are his team of "flanker disguises"?
10 years ago
It must be Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet Man!

The flankers:
Ultraviolet Man Aurora Borealis
Ultraviolet Man Colours of Summer
Ultraviolet Man Fluoressence
Ultraviolet Man Liquid Crystal
Ultraviolet Man Liquid Metal
Ultraviolet Man Summer Pop

No one can say that I don't know my ultraviolets!
10 years ago
Well done, SystemeD! All are present and accounted for - you certainly seem familiar with our hero. Personally, I would like to see his liquid metal outfit: Tin Man meets disco I imagine.
Over to you....
10 years ago
Clue about the house: The founder began his career with mail-order sales of hemorrhoid cream.

Clue about the fragrance: The name of a flower (in the language of the founder), which coincidentally rhymes with the name of the house.
10 years ago
Working on it S. This doesn't sound modern with the 'piles' and all...
10 years ago
Triffid:
Working on it S. This doesn't sound modern with the 'piles' and all...

Oh, but it is! The founder of the house began selling the cream in the 1950s.
3326 - 3350 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to