Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

301 - 325 by 593
10 years ago
Dolby:
Yes, and "some" don't just announce their goodbyes, but go as far as setting up a poll (yes, you read that right) to know whether they are worshiped on said forum or not.

Talk about desperation, so to that " someone ", kindly do us all a favour and remember the saying regarding people who live in glass houses.

Ah thank you.
Rolling Eyes

Yes, I have once set up a Poll. The question was: "Do you like my posts? Yes. No.

There is nothing wrong with that kind of process to see whether I can write good journalism.

Because in another Forum, The Perfume Magazine, I was about to publish a story titled, "A Christmas Story".

Being hesitant about my journalistic faculties, I thought to take a Poll inside the lively Fragrantica Forum.

The results came in. They were disappointing. 60% NO 40% YES The results were influenced by the fact that just the idea to dare take a Poll, was frowned upon.

Politicians do take Polls all the time. Mayor Koch, "How am I doing?"

Now, I have clarified the historic past, for all who read to smile.

No need to throw stones at glass houses.

Cheers.
10 years ago
Well, I wasn't going to name names but since you identified yourself, might as well add that your popularity poll was also accompanied by a major hissy fit announcing your departure because you didn't feel appreciated enough.
Boo Hoo.
Pathetic really.

Yet, despite the overwhelming majority voting no (60/40 is being a touch economical with the truth), and wishing you a "so long", you decided to stay.
Point of the exercise, pretty please?

As for your so called "journalistic aptitudes".
Laughing
Get over yourself.

PS: I don't live in a glass house x
Bygones 10 years ago
Ha ha ha ha ... let's cut it right here and not continue Fragrantica drama on this nice PARFUMO platform.

I feel comfortable - as of this date - on all three major discussion platforms.

I use "platforms" over "group" ... because we are exposed on a platform and cannot always agree within a group.
10 years ago
Wow. Fragrantica flashback. I always detested the vicious bullying there. Seems worse here.
10 years ago
Not worse here Perfumecrazy.
Just finding the hypocrisy, double standards, and sheer lack of self-awareness displayed rather shocking, that's all.
10 years ago
There's a difference between being frank and being vicious.
10 years ago
There is a difference between omitting essential contextual details in order to make yourself look the innocent party, and being accurate with the facts.

Don't go deriding and mocking people who seek sympathy when you've done the same (and worse) is all I'm saying... Else, don't be surprised if it comes and bites you back in the ass.
10 years ago
I have my tiffs with Fragrantica, but I wouldn't announce if I decided to stop posting there. Unless I was zoka shutting down the site, I doubt many would care. Laughing People come and go...don't need to announce it.
10 years ago
Dolby:
There is a difference between omitting essential contextual details in order to make yourself look the innocent party, and being accurate with the facts.

Don't go deriding and mocking people who seek sympathy when you've done the same (and worse) is all I'm saying... Else, don't be surprised if it comes and bites you back in the ass.

There is a big difference between a Troll who was recognized as such - and to which I was referring to at the outset of this discussion - who wanted to leave and 3 pages of posts followed his nonsense,

and a long standing member, myself, who wanted at one point to leave and changed her mind. So what? People change their mind all the time. Fragrantica has its good points and that is the reason I am staying.
10 years ago
I do wish you knew when to stop. Parfumo is not the place to elucidate en détail whatever it is you do on Fragrantica.
10 years ago
Thank you Mia.
10 years ago
Cincy:
Thank you Mia.
+1
10 years ago 1
It is interesting to discuss the pro's and con's of the different perfume communities. However, if you don't get along well with some users over there it is not helpful to continue any old hassle with the same people here.

Either agree that this is a new place and give each other a second chance or stay out of each other's way!
Mad
10 years ago
Thank you Apicius.
10 years ago
Thank you.
10 years ago
Apicius:
It is interesting to discuss the pro's and con's of the different perfume communities. However, if you don't get along well with some users over there it is not helpful to continue any old hassle with the same people here.

Either agree that this is a new place and give each other a second chance or stay out of each other's way!
Mad

Yes, thank you. Which is why some have come to another perfume site. To get away from the bickering. But it seems to follow anyway, unfortunately.
10 years ago
Of course it follows.
As perfumistas, I think we're all too aware that bad stinks have a habit of infiltrating the nose, especially when they happen to be in every room of the house.
10 years ago
Dolby:
Of course it follows.
As perfumistas, I think we're all too aware that bad stinks have a habit of infiltrating the nose, especially when they happen to be in every room of the house.

I hope these words are not aimed at somebody special.

I just gave a warning message to two users who thought Parfumo is a place where they can continue their fight from another site. It is not.
10 years ago
Apicius:
I just gave a warning message to two users who thought Parfumo is a place where they can continue their fight from another site. It is not.

General statement Apicius.
Saw the crazy exchange in another thread.
Love is in the air!
Very Happy
10 years ago
Dolby:
Apicius:

General statement Apicius.
Saw the crazy exchange in another thread.
Love is in the air!
Very Happy

Good.

Not every new account is a blessing for us.
10 years ago
I have been hosting a new giveaway largely in appreciation to those who have donated to the fund raiser for Pansylady. All are welcomed to enter.http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php ?pid=1664918#p1664918
glad i found this one first... 10 years ago
So I can see the right way.
10 years ago
LiliumLibido:
I must say the reporting makes no sense: more often than not, the person causing all the trouble gets away with it and the person trying to get help because of a troublemaker gets in trouble. And that's logical, HOW??? Then there is the member topics section. Woe to a thread owner if they're away from their computer and a fight breaks out on their thread! The thread will be deleted and the thread owner banned from the member topics section. Oh yeah, like that makes perfect sense. Rolling Eyes

Exactly!
Fragrantica sucks big time with all the repetive boring topics, I started some threads in the community section that got trolled, nothing happened when I reported it, only my threads got deleted...
Then I mentioned in another thread I've been depressed some time ago and got nonsense replies like asking if I was playing a game or trolling?
I finally got deleted from the website with no reason at all because someone was bullying me?
Surely the person that runs fragrantica is a pure idiot and I will not miss it a bit, only thing I miss is my music topic that had over 300 replies but I remember what I posted there so it's not a problem Smile
10 years ago
Hello there, Esoada. Sorry you had a bad time at Fragrantica. We have a music topic here that doesn't get much traffic, unfortunately, but maybe you could liven it up? Welcome to Parfumo. Smile
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Hello there, Esoada. Sorry you had a bad time at Fragrantica. We have a music topic here that doesn't get much traffic, unfortunately, but maybe you could liven it up? Welcome to Parfumo. Smile

Yes Thank you
301 - 325 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to