Search Forum

December thread - summing up this year

December thread - summing up this year 10 years ago
Inspired by a similar, rather expansive topic, over at Basenotes, I would like to start this topic here.

Personal perfume discoveries -

A few niche scents:
"Safanad" by Parfums de Marly
"La Route d'Emeraude" by Isabey
"Vepres Siciliennes" by MDCI Paris

Generally, I don't have to have true Vintage perfumes from times gone by, some current revivals are quite nice and are pleasing my untrained nose.

The Internet -

Not all perfume discussions groups are created equal, but it is educational and great fun to frequent all of them.

I have watched Parfumo grow and applaud the professional effort to fill the databank.

Personal -

I have met lots of soulmates. Photos are exchanged on Facebook. I have become a grandmother. New life, new beginnings.

Life is good.
10 years ago
Perfume wise I have decided to stop chasing vintages. I think I shall focus on the new releases that are easily obtainable, not that I need anything.

Internet wise I have been a victim of overzealous members trying to get into my personal space, little do they know, I never kiss and tell.

Personal wise I have learned that my little baby is growing up. He told me this week that he has a girlfriend, he even deletes some of the messages they have exchanged. I have been successful, to my surprise, at working all day and half the night yet still managing to have time to handle the needs of my home life. I have made lots of new friends online that have encouraged, inspired, and blessed me so positively that I think I'll pick up right where I left off next year.
10 years ago
I've acquired more and more information about perfumery. I've learned I won't stop chasing vintages, so far. I'm just not ready. There are too many out there for me to sniff. I've learned there are never enough to make me happy. Even when I truly look at what I have, and I swear to myself I won't make another purchase for awhile, I find I still get antsy after a bit. I need my perfume fix of something, be it new or old. This was once an obsession and passion and it has again become an obsession and passion.
I've learned that this is truly a fun hobby, one to share with others. It's relaxing, educational and there is a thrill factor to it when you are searching...as in the "thrill of the hunt".
I've learned that I love all perfumes. New and old alike, I never know what will strike my fancy. The quirkier, the better. That much, I have realized.
10 years ago
Perfume discoveries:

I stopped blind buying discount perfumes from TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc. I appreciate testing and trying out perfumes first. I found that I actually saved more money that way.

Also, Overstock.com has been my friend. I found that I enjoy Dior perfumes a lot.

The Internet:

There are some mean people scampering around the internet. There are also some really nice people hiding in plain sight. I made a new friend this year. We exchange things both big and small in the mail. We confide in each other about life's sorrows and joys.

Personal:

I moved 1,800 miles away from the place I was born. I switched jobs twice because the first one didn't give me the work load I was promised. I am grateful for the second chance at another place and love my new job. My boyfriend has been able to work regularly now and he is happy too. I am happy for the both of us.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community December thread - summing up this year
Jump to