Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3426 - 3450 by 4531
10 years ago
Thank you!

Here goes... I hope everyone can see the pictures.

CLUE:

1. This amazing French HOUSE has the same initials as its founder.

2. There are 2 PERFUMES I am thinking of for this house - you can guess either one (or both!):

10 years ago
Parfumerie Generale, founded by Pierre Guillaume.

L`Oiseau de Nuit and Psychotrope.
10 years ago
Oh my goodness! You are a savant or something S. Amazing how quickly you work these things out!

I LOVE Parfumerie Generale so much - so I am very glad you worked it out.

Over to you...
10 years ago
This mythical woman has several operas named after her, and she is the principal subject of many plays, paintings, and films.

But most importantly, only one ballet and one fragrance bear her name.
10 years ago
This is hard... it's not Giselle, Cinderella, Sylvia...
10 years ago
Would the person be the Queen of Sheba, with the perfume being "Ars Amatoria - Queen of Sheba" by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab? There is a also a ballet: Belkis, Queen of Sheba by Respighi. Also an opera by Karl Goldmark and numerous paintings.
10 years ago
"Medea" by Carla Fracci?
10 years ago
That's it, Scarletting!

I tried to point folks to ballet as an important part of the clue because of Carla Fracci.
10 years ago
"I valued her so much that I could not bring myself to leave her side."
10 years ago
Nope, it's not coming to me...a famous quotation that I don't know the story behind or perhaps alluding to an ancient myth or legend? Famous sentiment from someone having to leave behind a treasured perfume, perhaps in war time?
10 years ago
It's not a quote I know. I'm starting to think it might be something like "Obsession" or some other perfume name that describes that level of devotion. It's a tough one!
10 years ago
You might be on to something, Perfumecrazy - I was distracted by the quotation marks but my searches showed up nothing.
Let's go with that idea: the abstract nouns!
I'll try this one: "Loyalty" by Express?
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy is correct. It's not a quote, only a spoken sentence that alludes to the perfume.
It is neither of the perfumes you have suggested though.
10 years ago
I'm worried I was perhaps too vague. Here's another similar clue for the same scent;

She slammed the door in my face without a word, but least her tip was fair.
10 years ago
I'm sure this wasn't what you had in mind, but if he (assuming it's a male voice) is getting a tip, I proffer this one; "Gigolo" by Germaine Monteil.
10 years ago
No, not Gigolo. Wink
Should I drop another hint? I was expecting SystemeD to drop in and have it in one guess, so I went light on the clues.
I will say that in both clues I've given so far, one part of the statement is regarding the house, the other is regarding the perfume.
10 years ago
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I haven't got a guess!
10 years ago
Does the word 'lady' appear anywhere in the answer? I'm mining a rich vein of 'lady-something' titles, including the intriguing 'Ladyboy' and 'Leading Lady' by The Fuller Brush Company (the story being that 'she' was a valued customer and the speaker was a rather pushy salesperson).
10 years ago
This one is a real challenge! I love it.
10 years ago
Is it "Courtesan" by Worth?
10 years ago
It is not Courtesan, no.
'Lady' does not appear in the answer at all.
The bottle of this perfume looks somewhat questionable. Only one person on Parfumo is known to own it.
10 years ago
Oh! Could it be something to do with those two reality freaks that got divorced? They do have a perfume. BRB.

Khloe and Lamar? Unbreakable Bond/Unbreakable?

Edited: Nah... the bottle looks legit to me. Laughing
10 years ago
It is not, no.

Lenin, Columbus, Pork Pie, Norma Jean, Charlie and Mr. Chips all have something I don't.
10 years ago
Goodbye! Wink
10 years ago
"Sans Adieu" by Worth?
3426 - 3450 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to